Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all some great results.

Posting my final data - yesterday’s bloods attached. Overall summary below:

Starting FBG - 4.4; today’s FBG 4.5: lowest FBG 3.8; lowest BG reading 3.4

Starting weight 59.7 kg; today 58.3 = 1.4kg loss

Starting BMI 22.7; today 22.2

Starting ketones 1.2; today 2.8; highest 5.2

Also lost 1.3cm from my waist, 1cm from my hips and 0.6cm from what I lovingly call my ‘muffin top’!

Thanks for all the support - it really helped and I’m up for doing this regularly. I’d prefer a Thursday/Friday start, but not too fussed.

Attachments

• 5311ABDA-EA32-4C27-B2BF-71DFA81A0E7E.jpeg
    5311ABDA-EA32-4C27-B2BF-71DFA81A0E7E.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 384

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
35.5 hrs in fbg 4.6 started yesterday morning 5.2 and went to bed 4.7. Weight 11 St 8.2 down 2 pounds from yesterday (0.9kg ). BMI 21.9 which is actually about my target. Going to feed the dogs and check the chickens then have camomile tea. I would like to see this through to 60 hrs which would be 6.30 am Saturday. No ketone reading so far as I only have 1 strip until more come - Spirit are usually prompt. @Goonergal your stats look impressive, brilliant effort. Everyone doing this, thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. I have 24 hours to go and I am amazed I lasted this long. No hunger pangs at all, although that might be down to my aspie nature turning fasting into a 'special interest'. My bloods on waking were 5.3, I'm happy with that. A big part of me just wants to carry on fasting and watch my body melt away... but I won't ;)

I'm ordering a dual monitor from Spirit and some better bathroom scales so I can be more 'professional' in my next venture.

Happy Fasting Friday Folks :happy:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all some numbers for this morning..

FBG 4.0
Ketones 6.1!
Weight 208.4 pounds
Body fat 27.2%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.2

Slept really well woke just before 7 (hubs had thrown the cat out earlier thankfully).
Feeling great. treated myself to a tea with lactofree milk to start the day off and looking forward to my steak this evening.
Have a great day all!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
What a (*&%^&**^ night stressed out with work last night and into the morning

FBG 4.3 which is probably slightly high for someone on a fast. Will update laters other than to say

Got my new scales so everything in KGs now:

weight 76.3 kg . (down 1.50 from yesterday)
body fat 21% . (down 2%)
Metabolic Age 42 (down 6.... that could be a load of you know what)
Visceral Fat 9.5 ( down 0.5... dont even know if thats good or bad)
BMI 23.5
Muscle Quality 48
( plus 1)
PHYS Rating 5 (+ 3)

Some of those figures could be complete twaddle. But they do show improvement whatever they mean

Ill take that all day long!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The normal standard for visceral fat is 3 to 13, but I expect that is over generous. Mine is 6.
Absent a proper medical (dexa scan?) are there any reliable scales or methods for one to track visceral fat? Also, what would a dexa scan cost as a 1 off would be pointless?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK thanks @Bluetit1802. I guess even of they are not gold star accurate the trend would still show. If they are good enough for a ninja like you they should be good enough for a simpleton like me!

Never been called a ninja before! My Tanita scales are consistent with my ordinary bathroom scales as far as weight is concerned. They don't differ at all. They do throw out very strange metabolic ages though. I get younger every day and am currently in my 20's, which is odd considering I have 2 adult grandchildren. :arghh:

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never been called a ninja before! My Tanita scales are consistent with my ordinary bathroom scales as far as weight is concerned. They don't differ at all. They do throw out very strange metabolic ages though. I get younger every day and am currently in my 20's, which is odd considering I have 2 adult grandchildren. :arghh:
That is normal you become younger with children - and much more with grand-children ! ;)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Checkout:
62 hour fast
I have been sparse with measurements, but my 6 pack outline is there again.
  • Fasting Blood Glucose 2.7 @ 05.55 (no shakes...milk or physical)
  • Moved around brushed teeth etc for 10 mins 3.1 @ 06.05 (good to know liver dump kicks in when needed)
  • Fast broken @ 06.40
    • Half plate of scrambled eggs, 4 large bacon, lots of mushrooms and 4 tomato halves
    • (contraband) - only ate around half of the nuts circa 40 grams out 75, with a glug of ACV
    • BG 62 Hour Fast 2 27.04.16.jpg
    • After meal Blood Glucose @ 11.20 3.9
BG 62 Hour Fast 27.04.16.jpg

Lessons learned for me:
Multi - day fasting drops my blood glucose by between 0.8 to 1 mmol more than 1 day fasting (OMAD) and circa 3500 - 4000 calorie burn in 24 hours via walks and HiiT weights. Although weight not measured (why did I not do this...err) I know via look that definition shapes up.

Ediited: forgot the breakfast contraband.

Well done everyone. I am in for the 3rd Sunday of each month. Is this alright for the majority.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lessons learned for me:
Multi - day fasting drops my blood glucose by between 0.8 to 1 mmol more than 1 day fasting (OMAD) and circa 3500 - 4000 calorie burn in 24 hours via walks and HiiT weights. Although weight not measured (why did I not do this...err) I know via look that definition shapes up.

Well done everyone. I am in for the 3rd Sunday of each month. Is this alright for the majority.
Brilliant full debrief and well deserved breakfast. Some real ninjas on here I just hope some gold dust rubs off

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I broke fast last night with some chicken and cheese because I was going on my first, 2nd date in 30 years and I didn’t think I’d get a third stinking of ketones.

So 48 hours this time and nothing to eat so far today.

I’ll try and sort my shizzle out for numbers next time.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absent a proper medical (dexa scan?) are there any reliable scales or methods for one to track visceral fat? Also, what would a dexa scan cost as a 1 off would be pointless?
I have the Omron BF508 which pretty well matched up to the pro one in my gym although still not a dexa. Haven't found anywhere nearby that will do one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are in London
https://www.bodyscanuk.com/pricing.html
not exactly cheap though..
Thanks for that information could be on a present list very soon. Just read Ste Davis article on this which was interesting. The multi scan package looks interesting but I would need to implement a proper regime to justify it. 1 annually would actually be a reasonable combined Christmas and birthday present across wife and 3 sons!

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the Omron BF508 which pretty well matched up to the pro one in my gym although still not a dexa. Haven't found anywhere nearby that will do one.

I walk past a Dexa scanner once every 10 day-ish! I look longingly and drop hints, but no avail thus far. I'm doing someone a BIG favour on the 8th. I'll keep that favour in my back pocket, I reckon. :)