What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 No static bike this morning I am taking the cardio outside. I do so enjoy using my digging hoe to annilhilate weeds near the raspberries and I need to rake over the raised beds to prepare for this year's crops. This is a good reference point for most activities . https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/clc.4960130809 but I would still go heart rate. @ziggy_w, good fbg @Polgara and pass it did! @geefull you really are proof of the Bill Walsh's mantra the score takes care of irtself :)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning better than is has been all week. Keep the door to the 5s club ajar @SueJB I’m limping along there.

@ianpspurs Ive done my 20mins but will be out in the garden later too. Mt C has been power washing the patio so I need to clean up. None of us remembered we had coloured flagstones!

@alf_Josiah I will yet again attempt today’s challenge.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning better than is has been all week. Keep the door to the 5s club ajar @SueJB I’m limping along there.

@ianpspurs Ive done my 20mins but will be out in the garden later too. Mt C has been power washing the patio so I need to clean up. None of us remembered we had coloured flagstones!

@DJC3 I aim to mount my trusty bike for some HIIT later but sun and digging hoe is too good a combination to miss, plus my PA has purchased vegetable plants and our tomato plant source has plenty for sale so I need to prepare. Hope the 20 mins cardio works.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

It's wide open @DJC3 and I'll leave it that way when I change my membership to the 4 gang.

Reactions: DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Guess I'll never understand this diabetes game. I was expecting a really high number today. (Had a VERY stressful day yesterday.:arghh: Having met all of the "minor" challenges with mum as listed in my last post we had a call from the GP surgery asking us to take mum back as she had a UTI and needed to see the doctor. Despite many explanations and every attempt to reassure mum, she panicked big time outside the surgery, refused to go in shouting that there was nothing wrong with her and had to be taken inside in a wheelchair by the nurse who had given her the Vit. B12 injection earlier and who had tested her urine sample. It was soooo upsetting to see mum in such a state I ended up in tears and being taken aside by the nurse who gave me a five minute summary of dementia whilst my husband accompanied mum to see the doctor. Eventually we settled mum at home by which time she had forgotten all about what had happened). The point of my epistle is that I ended up eating 2 slices of pizza and a slice of garlic bread at Pizza Hut on my way home, something I have not done for at least 6 years! And my fbs this morning---a pleasing 6.6 at 8am! "It's a mystery". Apologies for the long rant. I hope I haven't annoyed anyone. At least the sun is back this morning.:happy: Enjoy your Thursday one and all.:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been a Pastifarian for a few years now and have a very fetching colander.
There are many reasons why people convert to Pastafarianism, although the most compelling can be summarised as follow:
  • Flimsy Moral Standards.
  • Every Friday is a religious holiday.
  • Our heaven is WAY better. We’ve got a Stripper* Factory AND a Beer Volcano.
(* Strippers of all genders and persuasion)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morening Ladies, Gentlemen and all card carrying members of I'm totally sane club.

A 7.1 from me today.

Due to somebody complaining about the difficulty of yesterday's challenge, here's an easy one Do not switch the television on till 6:00pm Or option B Go and make a stranger of the same gender as yourself smile. hehehehe, now I never said I was nice.

Managed today’s task easily Alf. Lots of dog walkers out in the sunshine and they are a cheery bunch to start with.

Couldn’t quite bring myself to go out in pirate garb though.

Reactions: ziggy_w and dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Digging hoe and raking work - 4.9 in breakfast slot. (bg was 6 immediately after hoeing etc. Tested at 30 mins after 5.3 and 1 hr after - 4.9. I read early on to leave 1 hr after heavier exercise before testing. I assume my liver pumps out fuel while working and body adjusts - I had tea with double cream during this which I think accounts for 4.9) Just trimmed hedge using his and hers trimmers. Mine is a beast, new boys toy Stihl very long reach trimmer. Mrs IPS has a baby one with a safety key for starting. Using the "cut offs" as a mulch at base of hedge and around raspberries. @DJC3 did your mini Tour de France do the trick?

Edit: Does the piece in italics seem right to others or am I way off beam?

Last edited: