What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to all those inhabiting this kingdom of the tribe Diabetes.

Lady Vampira tasted my bloods and confirmed I am still in the 6's club with a 6.2, which surprised me, for I did sin last night, I had visitors, and had to sample a fruit scone, with cream and jam, that a friends daughter had made and watched me eagerly as I ate one.

I was expecting at least 7's, so this man is chuffed.

But today is a day of exercise and light eating to make up for my sins

Well it being a sunny Friday, I wish you all a very Fabulous Friday ahead

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 5.8 for me today. Raining here, always more inertia involved, putting on wet gear for a walk. I never mind the rain when i am on the move and sometimes prefer it. Have a nice weekend.

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Mick1959 Those are the times you suck it up and take one for the team so good man and in the big scheme of things all's well

I took one for the team, that is true, and despite temptation on a plate, I did not yield a 2nd time, but it was close, and had the cream not been devoured completely, then I would have succumbed.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5.1 today. My father passed away Tuesday morning and I have so far managed to avoid the associated “funeral “ foods. Been in ketosis for about 2.5-3 weeks and want to keep it that way.
Have a great day!!

Bless you @Troubled1
A very sad time for you
My condolences to you and yours

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
6.4 today . Got to find something to liver block for supper . tried all I can think of . Only done low carb yesterday about 35grs and still in the 6s .Only thing that seems to stop it is a glass or two of Merlot I the evening . But that's cheating …...isn't it ??????

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.9 today as a result of red wine last night. Headache also the result of red wine last night.
Still back in the 5s good to see you there @SueJB

@eggs11 I’m whooping for you!

@alf_Josiah that’s the toughest challenge to date!
Thanks @DJC3 I must have had more red than you last night, hehehehe!
Well done and happy anniversary @JohnEGreen
Well done @Canvaspic for the number and for walking in the wet

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.4 today . Got to find something to liver block for supper . tried all I can think of . Only done low carb yesterday about 35grs and still in the 6s .Only thing that seems to stop it is a glass or two of Merlot I the evening . But that's cheating …...isn't it ??????
The aim is to have BS at a certain level the methods you use to achieve that are up to you so no it ain't cheating it's controlling your blood sugar and if that means getting a little tipsy and getting some enjoyment while doing it well we all have to make some sacrifices don't we.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3 and @ziggy_w - now if I could just work out why it was good today I'm onto a winner - went to bed earlier last night, need to keep the early nights going and see what happens.

Lol I know exactly what you mean there. It’s such a lovely surprise when I get a good number but I’m never completely sure why. If I try to replicate a good day, the numbers are never the same!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Off topic but considering this thread can sometimes become wine lovers central this might be a useful link - yes @DJC3 I am looking at you :angelic:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-an...res-wine-school-handy-guide-novices-bluffers/

I appreciate the thought @ianpspurs. Since I lost my lovely dad, my mentor in so many things, not least wine appreciation, my tastes have become a bit plebian.
Last night was a S African cab sav from M&S but I note today the ABV is 14%. This seems commonplace these days but in the 80s when we were hooked on beaujolais it was rare to get a wine over 12.5%.
High Abv may be good for fbg but not so good for my head!

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
The aim is to have BS at a certain level the methods you use to achieve that are up to you so no it ain't cheating it's controlling your blood sugar and if that means getting a little tipsy and getting some enjoyment while doing it well we all have to make some sacrifices don't we.
Well I suggested to a 12 yr old looking go last week who I went to see about a different matter that my blood readings were between 3.9 and 5.4 over the weekend with a little bit of wine . Not enough to get tipsy just the odd glass with dinner . She nearly fell off her chair with the shock that I was drinking a glass or two of red each night . Before I was diagnosed it was a hell of a lot more than that and my liver and kidneys are grand . But you’re right a little. It of what you fancy is grand once it keeps the blood sugar monster in check