Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JanetMcDowell

22.6 despite being on gliclazide my Diabetes in nov 17 was well controlled with hba1c being 49 then in feb I started feeling really tired and it had gone up to 83. Nothing has changed eating wise. Lost 2 stone in weight. Worried may be stupidly that this maybe the result of a tumour as any meds I have tried aren’t touching the sugars

Need to go back to your GP as soon as you can.

Reactions: geefull and Freema

JanetMcDowell

Thanks ickihun. For me today will be a whatever it takes day - if I need to exercise all day, eat a good meal or fast and stay up into the small hours after fasting all day I will keep testing every 2 hours until I get a level I am happy with for at least 2 consecutive readings - seems I'm just wired that way:banghead: Had to settle for 5.3 and admit defeat/ off colour and move on.

You sound from your post stressed out. Try and relax and don’t let the obsession to keep testing take over. Your blood levels are really excellent anyway.

Reactions: Freema

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 on waking. I am on auto pilot reaching out for my kit on waking these days ....almost still asleep. Second nature. A big smile on my face with today's result. Hoping to keep it on all day. Not sure I will be able to as it's DN appointment day (9am) and i might just be getting a few things off my chest!:banghead: if I had folllwed her guidelines in December I would definitely not be in remission.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You sound from your post stressed out. Try and relax and don’t let the obsession to keep testing take over. Your blood levels are really excellent anyway.
Thanks Janet. 5.4 today and slept late for me and achy limbs plus a few sneezes so that explains it for me. I am still not able to be comfortable with that kind of level these days.

Last edited: