What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@ianspurs No, no, no. It's koffy not cheese.....See all those low blood sugars are rotting your few remaining brain cells and as for that shop keeper @dunelm mad as box of frogs must be all that motorcycling he does.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 for me.
Disappointing but not surprising really. A couple of days away and I’m letting things slide, I kept to a lchf diet as far as I could but my bg testing has been haphazard, my exercise routine stalled and I realised last night I have forgotten to take metformin for 2 days!
Beginning to think holidays are not worth the hassle.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 for me.
but my bg testing has been haphazard, my exercise routine stalled and I realised last night I have forgotten to take metformin for 2 days!
Beginning to think holidays are not worth the hassle.
Not true @DJC3. Never underestimate the benefits of mood on lowering cortisol thus helping bg control. Secondly, you realise what the routine is and how valuable it is for your management. Thirdly, just by being mindful about all this tells me you will soon be back in the New York Groove :angelic:
@alf_Josiah have you never heard of bulletproof coffee with cheese?:banghead:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not true @DJC3. Never underestimate the benefits of mood on lowering cortisol thus helping bg control. Secondly, you realise what the routine is and how valuable it is for your management. Thirdly, just by being mindful about all this tells me you will soon be back in the New York Groove :angelic:
@alf_Josiah have you never heard of bulletproof coffee with cheese?:banghead:

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. You are of course right on all counts ( I hope)
Talking of being back in the groove, has your fast helped you get there? Are you feeling more like you now?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. You are of course right on all counts ( I hope)
Talking of being back in the groove, has your fast helped you get there? Are you feeling more like you now?
Good girl for being positive :) The fast has dampened down effects of virus tiredness but I will never know how much different things would have gone without fasting. I really buy into the concept of the fasting being for the long haul and draining the swamp - the Fungian balloon theory - so "getting there" will be measured much longer term. Anyhow, thanks for the kind thoughts :):)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
A rather late 'Good Morning' to all. I've been chopping a tree down! Ha ha (just a small one)
5.7 this morning YEAH!
Have a lovely day and try to get in the sunshine if and when possible today :D

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Friday fellow finger prickers, may it be a great day for you.

Today at 5.30am, Lady Vampira, having tasted my blood, returned a verdict of 6.2.

Working hard to get permanent membership of the 5's club, but seems nothing I do is going to get me admittance.:stop:

Maybe, I should follow Groucho Marx’s maxim: 'I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.' :)

(its a lie, I do want to be a member::angelic:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 6.3 today, not happy still being in the 6’s

@DJC3 Same as you Dj holidays family wedding & stress
Routine all out. Not seen 4’s for a while & only few 5’s.
Still eating lchf & maintaining weight

Linking virtual arms as we ride this storm.
When is the wedding?

Gina698

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Very new to this. Sorry if in the wrong forum. Not sure what I'm doing yet.

I was diagnosed T2 in mid April after being pre-diabetic last November. Mum died of cancer in March and I'm an emotional binge eater, so couldn't heed the warning. Was given 12 weeks until next test to improve diet and lifestyle. Life is still very difficult without Mum, but have severely cut carbs and I've only had 2 minimal binges. since April,

Today's reading before breakfast at 9.30 (ate chicken salad for dinner at 5 last night) was 9.1. Bit worried and disappointed. Any tips on how to reduce it? I am disabled and unable to walk safely atm.

Thanks
Gina

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Very new to this. Sorry if in the wrong forum. Not sure what I'm doing yet. Today's reading before breakfast at 9.30 (ate chicken salad for dinner at 5 last night) was 9.1. Bit worried and disappointed. Any tips on how to reduce it? I am disabled and unable to walk safely atm.

Thanks
Gina
Welcome @Gina698 and you have my sympathy on your loss and subsequent disruption to diet. Well done on testing, posting and asking for advice. This is the right forum with loads of threads. Best tip I can give is don't be a stranger. Fasting can be the slowest to fall so don't fret :)