What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning diabetes massive. 5.3 today so the 8 day comparative sh**show of fbg not properly ended. May seem peevish to those with higher peaks so I apologise but hopefully you can see even those you think are relatively well controlled have periods where things are a mystery.
Weight, resting pulse, restful sleep and blood pressure are good so it remains a mystery. I hope others will not look at the number and think why the angst he's ok but realise wherever you are on this journey you can be left baffled at times.

Know how you feel Ian fbg was in the 4’s & low 5’s,
been high 6’s with a couple of 5’s for ages now

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some higher numbers for folk today and metaphorical scratched heads so today's mission for me is to offer penguin cod wisdom.
In over 35 years teaching I got really close to 2/3 groups of young people as form tutor seeing them through from 11 to 18. The last time that happened I played this song plenty of times at tough periods in their journey. They amazed me frequently but especially when I lost both my parents the same day and needed time off work to organise things. I returned for their leaving celebration to be presented with a signed Spurs shirt (They had checked authenticity, asked for certificates etc because I always told them to) - Bale and all. Just the most perfect present at the best point in my life it could have come.
Moral, if any, numbers may be baffling but surprises come in totally unexpected ways so just keep going. The song ?

IMG_0113.JPG

watch

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I have a strange relationship with wine. .. .... last night I had 3 glasses , one red the other 2 banana ( home made) ...I was expecting higher sugar readings this morning but came up with 5.6....

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Another 6.7 at 8.26am. Higher than most people's fbs I know but good for the likes of me who's scores have been in the 7's and 8's for some time.:happy: Enjoy your Wednesday one and all.:)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Phew - u have such a good calm stance to ur numbers Cumbs, which probably helps it come down nicely.

Thank you
A few years ago I was always above the highest reading the meter had which was 33.0
2 hospital admissions saw my bloods at 59.4 & 48.7 insulin infusions brought me down but was in a week each time

I went through a very bad spell always high always thirsty and then weeing loads, I was switched basal to Toujeo and my numbers dropped down into range and I became more stable

Yes I have blips and go up to double figures but I don’t feel to bad in the 10 -20 range

Thanks @flexi06

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all 4.8 this morning later I have to go to the hospital to have lung function tests
Morning ziggy. My hubby had a lung function test this week and he was fine. Hope all goes well for you.:)