What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Today I was 6 but I really feel I should not be concentrating on it right now as it depresses me if not in the 5's. I know this is not rational thinking but my life is turned upside down on the sudden loss of my mum two weeks ago, and until we have the funeral over (on Friday) I think I'd be best to leave off testing. At least I AM eating the right things still ... if eating at all that is! Sorry for the long and dull message. I felt I needed to say this. Good luck everyone with your testing/eating this weekend.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Today I was 6 but I really feel I should not be concentrating on it right now as it depresses me if not in the 5's. I know this is not rational thinking but my life is turned upside down on the sudden loss of my mum two weeks ago, and until we have the funeral over (on Friday) I think I'd be best to leave off testing. At least I AM eating the right things still ... if eating at all that is! Sorry for the long and dull message. I felt I needed to say this. Good luck everyone with your testing/eating this weekend.

Take care of yourself first and foremost and I’m sorry for your loss
Condolences to you

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Condolences mal ive been were you are sending hugs xx

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Condolences mal ive been were you are sending hugs xx
Thank you Karen. I'm still in shock as Mum was due home on last Bank Holiday Monday and we were all excited :(

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Have a nice time pealing stuff. :D
Thanks, dunelm. Actually it was somewhat of a disappointment as there was nothing to eat but sugary cakes! No point in peeling them so just drank tea!:rolleyes:

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@

@JMcB I have the same kind of problem with rising bg in the morning although the starting point and end point are not the same. When I do fast. as I did recently for 3 days, the rise is either very slight or can turn into a fall. The problem with this condition is that you may see something completely different. You will only know by trying but I am not advocating you try.

@ianpspurs Thank you. I will try fasting after I get my bg down further. Am a bit scared to do it now as it’s early days still and I am not as low as I need to be in case of a rise. Did your morning levels rise during the fast?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Did your morning levels rise during the fast?
@JMcB No, both my fasting and next reading fell and often the second reading was lower than fasting. Could I suggest not going straight to fasting and certainly not multi day fasting. Try OMAD (1 meal a day) first and see how that works.

Reactions: JMcB

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Wonderfully quiet here with the hope of the early morning sun turning the day into a warm thing of beauty . My sugar readings are 6.2 this morning. Enjoy your day , if you possibly can.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.2 today so not an especially pleasing start but ok. @Goonergal my birthday is Tuesday so it is usually either just before or just after Father's Day. Glad to hear the leg cramps have subsided take it easy for a while. Any chance the muscles are overworking to compensate for bone issues?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@GoonergalGlad to hear the leg cramps have subsided take it easy for a while. Any chance the muscles are overworking to compensate for bone issues?

Yes, I was wondering that myself. Trying to moderate activity, which is easier in the absence of sunshine, but I am off on holiday in about 10 days time and that always involves a lot of walking!