What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanx DJC3 I totally am- it’s amazing when you’ve felt sooo awful then you feel better and you’re so greatful how good it feels, oooh I had another little milestone today- I’ve lost 2 stone since diagnosis:) happy

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha1bc came back 37. So IF, fasting etc complete waste of time make no difference as I managed the same 2 years ago.:banghead: It does feel a little as though I have totally missed my focus testing and analysing as I could have dialled that number in after the last results. I wonder if I have a limit to my bg level and will never move it from there. Not whinging at a perfectly respectable number just well above my own levels and a very different regime this time. I seem to have gone a very long way round getting back to where I was 2 years ago but seem to be getting much better numbers.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Ha1bc came back 37. So IF, fasting etc complete waste of time as I managed the same 2 years ago.:banghead: It does feel a ittle as though I have totally wasted my time testing and analysing as I could have dialled that number in after the last results. Perhaps I have a fixed bg level and will never move it from there:bigtears: Not whinging at a perfectly respectable number just well above my own levels and a very different regime this time. I seem to have gone a very long way round getting back to where I was 2 years ago:banghead:

Very interesting, lots of research over a long period of time it seems. How about going back to eating to your meter while expanding your menu ?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very interesting, lots of research over a long period of time it seems. How about going back to eating to your meter while expanding your menu ?
Good suggestions @alf_Josiah I have been ruminating on all this whilst cutting a lawn (possible pun there) Another way of seeing this is best result for 2 years and I will never know what the result would have been under "old rules." I do feel I have been "out of sorts" a little too often in this period which may well be due to the changes. Initial reaction is that IF, OMAD and fasting are weight loss tools for me and don't impact bg. However, I have a long document with refined targets and right at the top in big letters it says hba1c 5.5 and weight 11 st 9. Hit both of those (weight even lower) so maybe I need much more ambitious targets! Can't sugar coat it that wasn't a great result and definitely not worth fasting for.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good suggestions @alf_Josiah I have been ruminating on all this whilst cutting a lawn (possible pun there) Another way of seeing this is best result for 2 years and I will never know what the result would have been under "old rules." I do feel I have been "out of sorts" a little too often in this period which may well be due to the changes. Initial reaction is that IF, OMAD and fasting are weight loss tools for me and don't impact bg. However, I have a long document with refined targets and right at the top in big letters it says hba1c 5.5 and weight 11 st 9. Hit both of those (weight even lower) so maybe I need much more ambitious targets! Can't sugar coated it that wasn't a great result and definitely not worth fasting for.

Yes back to basics. To be honest thats what I have had to do recently and is does seem to be working.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those of undiagnosed gender.

A worrying low 5.3 for me this morning.

Well folks have a great day, here in Reading we or I will be experimenting late this afternoon with our new shredder and slow cooker. I shall try shredding the protein packed protein then putting it in the slow cooker, I think our evening meal will be late and Mrs J will have given up and dined on Chinese takeaway again.
Hi Alf just curious is 5.3 low to you or something I’m a little confused

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My A1c was also 38 but Mysugr app gave me an average of 36.it was the same last time too, lab result was 2 above the app.
Knowing that, I just tend to look more at the trend on Mysugr rather than the estimated average, and so long as its going down gradually I figure that’s ok.
(It is a bit disappointing though isn’t it?)

Yes, I think I was testing at the wrong time, to get good averages for the day, as my numbers are worse in the afternoon and evening. Going forward, I shall skip the one after breakfast, as its usually low. And check more later as that's when the numbers run away from me. Hopefully that will close the gap between the app and the lab.

Not ignoring your point, I shall still watch the trend, if i can reduce the numbers on the app ...it should still translate to better lab numbers.

One thing I can count on, When my numbers are high, I get pains in the tips my fingers. Thats a sure sign that I am on the wrong side of town and need to double up on my efforts.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Alf just curious is 5.3 low to you or something I’m a little confused

Please check my profile. Nearly 26 years ago I had a liver transplant and take a raft of serious and not so serious drugs. Anti rejection drugs, steroids, bile thinners and other drugs to counter the side effects of the anti rejection drugs. My anti rejection drugs coupled with the steroids means my blood sugars are always raised, hence any fasting reading below 6.5 becomes uncomfortable during the day.

The low cholesterol diet coupled with high fat is an absolute no go area for me.
My new liver cannot process protein as efficiently as my original liver hence my high protein diet, yes it gets very complicated very quickly and the switched on doctors all say I stand no chance of controlling my blood sugars.

Thanks for asking and please carry the donor card along with informing your family if you so desire, your call.
Alf being serious for once.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It definitely is @alf_Josiah . it always is but I am not fluent enough in body to understand what it is telling me :banghead:

Treat yourself to pie, chips and baked beans tonight and check your readings in the morning, if it makes things worse at least you will have set a new benchmark hehehehehe.