Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No for 2 reasons , the first because I need to be higher in HbA1c before my GP may pescribe them to me , the second reason is my own ; the metformin tampers with my TSH levels ( thyrodea stimulating hormones ) so that it seems my metabolism is much higher than it in fact is ; which Leeds to my GP prescribing a too low dose of levothyroxine for me and me gaining around a 1 kg a week , my GP is so fixed on my TSH levels that she won’t listen to my arguments and also don’t see what a personal disaster it is to me gaining 1 kg a week she just closes her ears ... so no I need my metabolism to have the true levels of TSH, and the cost here is I get a higher HbA1c , but my last was 36 and I expect my next one to be around 38

You need to do what’s right for you.

An HBA1c in the 30s is normal.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone, I was woken by RAIN at around 5am so took a reading, 5.6, which considering my day of eating very little in terms of quantity but lots more carbs than for a normal day I’m happy with. Will be much more controlled today, no memory lapses or naughty Indian extras ;)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
You need to do what’s right for you.

An HBA1c in the 30s is normal.

Sorry to burst in but my argument is if you can control your figures etc then WHY take metformin obviously if other medication is being taken it then becomes a different ballgame

Reactions: Freema

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Carolkelly54
@sjdad
Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here, in my signature, are links to the Basic Information and Low Carb Program which I hope you will both find interesting and useful. Ask questions when you need to and someone will help.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Decided to take a day off from all the trials and tribulations of being a diabetic
Had lots of alcohol,kebabs,pies etc.

So unsurprisingly a woeful 7.1 today

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
8.7 this morning coming down after first two months of dreaded virus and then not keeping a control. Appointment with doctor at surgeries request to discuss wherei am and future direction. John