What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Up early thanks to the urchins! It’s 5.8 today, which I think is 6 in a row under 6.
Today is also 2 months since diagnosis. Feels like longer.
Today though I get to focus on my poorly mum- I’m taking her to the clinic to have her eyes looked at: she has cataracts forming following chemotherapy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@rhubarb73 The hug is for your mum, you are doing well at 2 months.
Mr sun has shown his power about 3 hrs earlier today here so hot, hot hot on the menu. Squeaky bum time for dropping metformin for me - another over the threshold (5.5) at 5.7 after promising initial run of sub 5s. Mrs P has had a virus and I may have a touch of it plus, unrelated to hot weather, sleep hrs have tailed off. Resting pulse now getting back to good levels at 59 so maybe time to admit defeat and return to metformin. :mad:

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Hot again and sunny here, just as well as Im going to a wedding on a beach. The bride and groom have rented a camp site on a beach for the ceremony and everyone who wants, gets to camp overnight. My sugars are the best I've seen in a while 5.4 and I'm excited for the week end . Its going to be in tents.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all. Hot again and sunny here, just as well as Im going to a wedding on a beach. The bride and groom have rented a camp site on a beach for the ceremony and everyone who wants, gets to camp overnight. My sugars are the best I've seen in a while 5.4 and I'm excited for the week end . Its going to be in tents.
@OrsonKartt have fun sounds fantastic and congrats on best BG in a while

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@rhubarb73 The hug is for your mum, you are doing well at 2 months.
Mr sun has shown his power about 3 hrs earlier today here so hot, hot hot on the menu. Squeaky bum time for dropping metformin for me - another over the threshold (5.5) at 5.7 after promising initial run of sub 5s. Mrs P has had a virus and may have a touch of it plus, unrelated to hot weather, sleep hrs have trailed off. Resting pulse now getting back to good levels at 59 so maybe time to admit defeat and return to metformin. :mad:

Metformin is just another tool in the T2 tool box why not use it if it does the job. Thats if you can tolerate it without the nasty side affects.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@OrsonKartt let's hope no one gets yurt:angelic:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

cooler here again today but that helps a bit with sleep.

Helping out in the charity shop this morning so no gardening today for me, hopefully I'll get a walk later ;)
Have a good weekend everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin is just another tool in the T2 tool box why not use it if it does the job. Thats if you can tolerate it without the nasty side affects.
@JohnEGreen I can tolerate it well and I agree it is another tool plus it is supposed to have other beneficial side effects. I partly wanted to see what happened "flying solo" and partly wanted to untangle it from vitamin b12 issues and MCV values. B12 and folate fine MCV a touch over normal after full bloods last week. I may wait a week before restarting but 5.7 is not where I am comfortable personally.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.7 for me today. Late night snacking I can thank for the slightly higher than normal numbers. Weaseled out of the treadmill yesterday, so shall do that today. Hot already today, so i expect more of same. Have a good Saturday.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@JohnEGreen I can tolerate it well and I agree it is another tool plus it is supposed to have other beneficial side effects. I partly wanted to see what happened "flying solo" and partly wanted to untangle it from vitamin b12 issues and MCV values. B12 and folate fine MCV a touch over normal after full bloods last week. I may wait a week before restarting but 5.7 is not where I am comfortable personally.
Funnily enough my MCV is fairly high my folate is low but my B12 is normal