Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning - hardly desolation level but a wrong un if it were human. @ally1 under 8 again - so are the strips only right if they show higher?:angelic: @Tipetoo those are very impressive stats - good on ya mate. @rab5 good to see you back and in fine form. @jayney27 hug was for disturbed sleep. Everyone else who is finding this heatwave makes sleeping harder my sympathy - my average sleep hrs has risen by 1 hr and restless and awake virtually nil. Useless really if it has no effect on lowering bg but I'll take wins where they come.:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning @DJC3 thanks for that. I started 18/6 fasting, no food after 20.00 till 14.00 next day, with only black tea, coffee and water during fast. I also did low carb of 15 -20g per day. For last few weeks I've done 23/1 fasting and have no more than 5g carbs per day.:)

Goodness, that’s impressive - but then so are your results!

Reactions: Freema

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning. I have been very low carbing (around 20g) and having one meal a day for a few days and had hoped it would be better than this, but it is improving. :)
@zand If it is improving things are obviously working as intended and should continue to do so. Take the positive and move on pace can wait.:) ( Please do not ever quote me against myself. Some of you know who I am looking at:angelic:)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zand If it improving things are obviously working as intended and should continue to do so. Take the positive and move on pace can wait.:)
Yes I know you are right, I am just impatient lol. I have lost 4 pounds recently though (having been stuck at my previous weight for a very long time) and I have noticed that for me (and probably only me lol) that my BGs are usually a little higher when I am losing weight. :rolleyes::)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
5.6 this morning - hardly desolation level but a wrong un if it were human. @ally1 under 8 again - so are the strips only right if they show higher?:angelic: @Tipetoo those are very impressive stats - good on ya mate. @rab5 good to see you back and in fine form. @jayney27 hug was for disturbed sleep. Everyone else who is finding this heatwave makes sleeping harder my sympathy - my average sleep hrs has risen by 1 hr and restless and awake virtually nil. Useless really if it has no effect on lowering bg but I'll take wins where they come.:)
I laughed, am so used to being high that my thought went sraight to thinking having a dud for pots

Emlou2013

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My sugars are very high then they go down so low that I'm having hypers and hypos. My fasting sugars in the morning are between 21 to 25. The other day they were 33.1. I'm on novarapid 3 times a day and abasaglar 20 units at night. I'm so fed up . Was diagnosed 2 years ago and been on metformin but that wasn't working and now my insulin isn't working neither. I feel like giving up.. any help would be so appreciated xx

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Emlou2013 i will tag @daisy1 who will kindly post the information for newcomers. You certainly seem to be having problems. I hope you are able to get some ideas that will help.