What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all a 4.8 for me today.
Planning taking my mum for a swim this afternoon- well it may be a paddle/ sitting on poolside with feet cooling for her but she will enjoy the opportunity if it warms up as promised this afternoon it looks a bit grey just now. Hope all have a really good day

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all a 4.8 for me today.
Planning taking my mum for a swim this afternoon- well it may be a paddle/ sitting on poolside with feet cooling for her but she will enjoy the opportunity if it warms up as promised this afternoon it looks a bit grey just now. Hope all have a really good day

Happy belated birthday

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - brilliant sunshine from the start here and it will only get hotter. Really good to see 4 generations of P family yesterday then see and hold new granddaughter #1 - name to be revealed Friday at latest as she will be registered.
@shelley262 good fbg and birthday bash sounds; @DJC3 good fbg I felt before that going West suited you; @Goonergal maybe your body is being protective after yesterdays Iron Woman heroics on "42g bag salted almonds "?; @johnpol good to see bg under control and anniversary meal sounds perfect.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. BG 5.6. Dull but warm here. Rain promised.
Home gym again today.
@ianpspurs , point well made. I think I have improved my fitness a bit since the new year. BG may have actually worsened a tad, but if i didnt excercise... it might be worse.
I have a lung function test tomorrow, a bit of running is likely to help in that department.
Have a good day folks.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning all - brilliant sunshine from the start here and it will only get hotter. Really good to see 4 generations of P family yesterday then see and hold new granddaughter #1 - name to be revealed Friday at latest as she will be registered.
@shelley262 good fbg and birthday bash sounds; @DJC3 good fbg I felt before that going West suited you; @Goonergal maybe your body is being protective after yesterdays Iron Woman heroics on "42g bag salted almonds "?; @johnpol good to see bg under control and anniversary meal sounds perfect.

Hmmm
Wondering what your blood sugars were after a family get-together, I was once asked to organise a family get-together, my response was yes as long as the riot squad are in attendance, bit problematical my family......

Reactions: DJC3 and rhubarb73

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm
Wondering what your blood sugars were after a family get-together, ..
@alf_Josiah No idea what bg levels are as no testing regime for a while. I have no reason to suspect any issues foodwise I ate cheese, pork scratchings and our own lemon drizzle cake. Socially, very harmonious gathering of 4 generations including several I had taught (successfully) so all good. Very tightknit bunch on the P side. I have very little to do with Mrs P's side or my mum's side.
@Terrytiddy great result after fasting. It would be interesting to see what that did to cholesterol numbers as my suspicion is that it is not helpful there. Your's and other people's mileage may vary there.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. FBG 5.9 again. Less busy day today but hiding from sun later. Going home on Wed for 2 days to turn things round there then back to Kent for a couple more days. At least me being here my poor friend is managing to get a bit food down her. The sickness is so bad the first week she cant go near the kitchen. Hope it never happens to me or my nearest and dearest (though statisticlly it will). Tough if you live alone and dont have family. Have a good Monday all. Hope @shelley262 you enjoyed your birthday. Can you direct me, at your leisure, to the choc olive oil cake recipe?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Great isn't it this last week had my whole family under one roof thats myself and Judith, our son and daughter and our grandson. Doesn't happen often these days really enjoyed it. but son has gone back to Erith in Kent this morning so my little holiday at home is over now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great isn't it this last week had my whole family under one roof thats myself and Judith, our son and daughter and our grandson. Doesn't happen often these days really enjoyed it. but son has gone back to Erith in Kent this morning so my little holiday at home is over now.
It is good @JohnEGreen. The gathering was aunts and cousins plus their children and grandchildren. We are going roaming about seeing our own children and grandchildren this week. Personally, I am far from happy about leaving home but I completely understand that we need to do the travelling. Never managed to get my parents, sons and grandson together but did get 4 generations of the males together. Often get 4 generations of my wife's side together - which always leaves me slightly unhappy.

Last edited: