What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
A rainy morning here, more like being in England than its been for the last few weeks. Although the water butts are full I do hope that summer isnt over yet! ...5.7 for me this morning...

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of hospital. No more white toast with jam for breakfast .. so I have a few notes, the choices available are not exactly diabetes friendly but I was able to choose accordingly and to be fair I didn’t want to eat! Since I’ve been home I lost 9 lb in my hospital week but 4 days were nil by mouth. I’m back to intermittent fasting and relearning a diet schedule without a gall bladder wish me luck 6.2 tonight

I am sure its good to be home. Hugs for the operation, and loss of gallbladder. I guess LC is a bit trickier without a GB, but there are others on here in the same boat, may be able to give advice. Wishing you a smooth recovery.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Out of hospital. No more white toast with jam for breakfast .. so I have a few notes, the choices available are not exactly diabetes friendly but I was able to choose accordingly and to be fair I didn’t want to eat! Since I’ve been home I lost 9 lb in my hospital week but 4 days were nil by mouth. I’m back to intermittent fasting and relearning a diet schedule without a gall bladder wish me luck 6.2 tonight
Get well soon.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and ducks, well it's still raining here.

A gentle 6.2 for me this morning.

Today me and the other me's will be struggling wif ****ing computers, wireless printers etc. The plus side is I shall be near the kettle and mainlining koffy and tea.

Well folks has a good Monday or is it Wednesday, retirement and 3rd childhood play havoc and let loose the dogs of chaos and mayhem whoops the minds wandering.
Again.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today
5.5 yesterday
Had a carvery dinner last night so pleased with this reading as usually it puts me up following morning. Can't suss out exactly what does it either as i don't have the potatoes, ham, parsnips, stuffing or anything that could be suspect. I was up again yesterday post pranial to 7.3. I'm thinking now it could be the gravy or too many carrots. I did have a pig in blanket. Was it the pig? I will just carry on having them until I suss it out :) they are delish plus I don't have to cook on a Sunday!!! Win win.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all I seem stuck at 5.0 and unlike you @Goonergal i can’t blame late night chocolate!
@ianpspurs your photos are lovely
@Debandez bet it’s the gravy - when I go to the carvery I avoid the carrots and gravy, also at one I had cauliflower cheese that had an impact - probably not made the lc way! Sausages there too may have more filler than you’d buy at home? Still a good number for you this morning so nothing too worrying. I love a carvery.
@Goacher55 glad you’ve escaped hospital I find it unbelievable that they feed a diabetic white toast and jam for Breakfast ! Seriously it is worrying looks like if I go in I’d need to arrange food parcels! Good luck working out your way of eating to cope without your gallbladder but to manage your diabetes take care
Have a good Monday all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.6 for me - you can't put lipstick on a pig. All other stats I look at are good (weight, resting pulse, hrs sleep). Time for a review of my targets I think. Maybe just so so diabetic control will end up as optimal for the whole package.
@Goacher55 hope recovery goes well - we had a friend stay with us after her gall bladder operation earlier this year. Her and Mrs P loved the Lemon drizzle cake and chocolate olive oil cake. @shelley262 I was going to offer the gravy as prime suspect and old carrots - really new home grown "pencil" ones are fine. Re pics, grandson will always be the one I take to most naturally.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 0745 so no breakfast today. Can only be down to ramekin of peanuts last night so they’re not entering the house again. If I have a glass of wine they’re too tempting.
@ianpspurs adorable photo of the grandchildren.
@shelley262 hope the cramp is better, sounds awful
.@Goacher55 glad you’re home and you can recover well eating decent food.
Have a good day everyone.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.6 for me - you can't put lipstick on a pig. All other stats I look at are good (weight, resting pulse, hrs sleep). Time for a review of my targets I think. Maybe just so so diabetic control will end up as optimal for the whole package.
Funny for the lipstick on a pig image!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 at 0745 so no breakfast today. Can only be down to ramekin of peanuts last night so they’re not entering the house again. If I have a glass of wine they’re too tempting.
@ianpspurs adorable photo of the grandchildren.
@shelley262 hope the cramp is better, sounds awful
.@Goacher55 glad you’re home and you can recover well eating decent food.
Have a good day everyone.
Thank you @PenguinMum they usually stick around a few nights when start but get lighter if treated and so were there but improving
I’d Ban the peanuts from the house I don’t give them houseroom just unsalted walnuts, almonds, Brazil’s and macadamia nuts which are ok for me

Reactions: Geoffno6