Stop Keto Now - The Mice Have Spoken!

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My cat Loves mice. She will play with them for hours
My cat was an ace mouser and kept them out of the house for years, however when she got into her twenties she just used to look at them with a somewhat nostalgic look in her eye whenever they appeared so I had to resort to other pest control measures.

Reactions: zand and Indy51

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have this take on it - I do research for my own education as well as for the forum, and often post links to nuggets I find. Sometimes it is a motherlode, other times it turns ino a turkey, I am not worried if people ignore it, since one day it may help someone and after all it is not my knowledge I am sharing, but someone else's source material that I share. I too learn from these googles that I do, so I gain as well. Your efforts will not be lost, and there are lurkers here who maybe prompted to pick it up or bookmark it for future use later. Knowledge is power to us all
I agree, and thanks for that perspective.

I think I just got a bit disheartened. There are a few who seem to ask for, and get, loads of help and do not acknowledge that help, from many of us.

Today is a better day for me : )

Reactions: zand

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I did mark it agree, but then I saw your closing phrase, and felt that could be misconstrued and made personal, so I dis-agreed instead.
Back at you old boy so it's St. Oldvatr from now on is it there was nothing aimed at any person in what I posted just a general observation but if you wish to disagree and believe that there are saintly people here then that's fine by me. :)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back at you old boy so it's St. Oldvatr from now on is it there was nothing aimed at any person in what I posted just a general observation but if you wish to disagree and believe that there are saintly people here then that's fine by me. :)
No, but there is often Guru Worship going on here, I am St Michael, since it says so in my knickers!

Edit to add Boom Boom in case anyone thinks I am being serious.......

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I have this take on it - I do research for my own education as well as for the forum, and often post links to nuggets I find. Sometimes it is a motherlode, other times it turns ino a turkey, I am not worried if people ignore it, since one day it may help someone and after all it is not my knowledge I am sharing, but someone else's source material that I share. I too learn from these googles that I do, so I gain as well. Your efforts will not be lost, and there are lurkers here who maybe prompted to pick it up or bookmark it for future use later. Knowledge is power to us all
I agree with this sentiment. Much of my research is in opposing methodologies to my selected path, often there are some good half or full truths that I utilise. If you were to look at my YouTube recommendations you would think I am totally confused about how to eat and workout.

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, but there is often Guru Worship going on here, I am St Michael, since it says so in my knickers!

Edit to add Boom Boom in case anyone thinks I am being serious.......
Your knickers must be very old!! Mine have not said St. Michael for several years!! Ha Ha!! (no malus meant).

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Frugality is a virtue no reason to discard a perfectly good pair of knickers and St Michael were a very good brand as I remember.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The St. Michael brand was discontinued 18 years ago !!!
They made good strong knickers that last for ever. I hope keto diet will help me do the same...... Note: a not-so-subtle hint to turn Back to topic before we get outed.

Does anyone here still think the press release on keto study is correctly interpreting the science as published in their study report? Or are you with me in saying the report does not support the popularised news clippingas relayed on the News and newspapers with such a fanfare? More like it deserves a raspberry IMHO, but then I could be wrong.

Knickers is such a good word to use on occasions such as this.......

Beth D.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just me or am I missing the reference to the scientific article from this news site?

Reactions: Freema

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am "Marks Marquee for Hire"...........................
And I am probably Saint Knickerless, as I don't wear mine in bed...:bag:

Robbity

ETA and thanks @lucylocket61 for answering @Mr_Pot's comment on my earlier post - I was having a complete computer disaster day on Sunday - my keyboard died and had to be replaced, and then my browser decided to get its knickers in a fiendish twist and I had to re-install it and sort out all the settings again - I'm stil recovering from fixing all the mess...

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
http://www.associationfornutrition.org/Portals/0/Public/Members area/AlisonTedstoneAnnualDiscourse2013.pdf
Here's what PHE says we're supposed to eat to avoid various diseases. See bar chart.
There's a page missing - you know, the one titled Conflicts of Interest, Sources of funding, Sponsors

I just love the section on page 18 where they state the requirement for Evidence based advice and what constitutes evidence based. This should be interesting what they use to convince us.

I see in the bar chart that they consider it a higher risk to have low cereal diet to one containing trans fats or lead. That is a bit of a puzzle considering the evidence.

Edit to add: Here is the official view on it, and it seems harmless.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...ata/file/670009/External_research_funding.pdf

However, if one of those non profit orgs is DUK, then we know THEY have unhealthy bedfellows. Last year I seem to remeber they trumpeted a partnership with Coca Cola in the press but I no longer have a link to that press release so I could be mistaken.
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/get_involved/corporate/acknowledgements

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs63

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sometimes we can see the evidence before our very eyes. Guidelines have been being set for decades and for at least one generation the levels of obesity and Type 2 Diabetes have risen to epidemic levels. You may argue that it is the public ignoring these guidelines that is to blame but I suggest that the system is rotten to the core. I cite former editors of the BMJ stating that 50% of published data is skewed by outside influence and poorly executed. When guidelines are set using this, sometimes industry led, data they are building their houses on sand.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.associationfornutrition.org/Portals/0/Public/Members area/AlisonTedstoneAnnualDiscourse2013.pdf
Here's what PHE says we're supposed to eat to avoid various diseases. See bar chart.
Maybe as a health experiment you'd like to take one for the team and follow that way of eating for 6 months and see what happens?
Then you can ask Dr Alison Tedidiot why your Type 2 has worsened and your health has deteriorated greatly. Or maybe you'd prove us all wrong. HbA1c before and after please.