1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Stop Keto Now - The Mice Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by bigsi1984, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

My cat was an ace mouser and kept them out of the house for years, however when she got into her twenties she just used to look at them with a somewhat nostalgic look in her eye whenever they appeared so I had to resort to other pest control measures.

• Like Like x 2
  2. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree, and thanks for that perspective.

I think I just got a bit disheartened. There are a few who seem to ask for, and get, loads of help and do not acknowledge that help, from many of us.

Today is a better day for me : )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Back at you old boy so it's St. Oldvatr from now on is it there was nothing aimed at any person in what I posted just a general observation but if you wish to disagree and believe that there are saintly people here then that's fine by me. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

No, but there is often Guru Worship going on here, I am St Michael, since it says so in my knickers!

Edit to add Boom Boom in case anyone thinks I am being serious.......

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

In that case I am "Cool and Fresh with Stretch".

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am "Marks Marquee for Hire"...........................

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I agree with this sentiment. Much of my research is in opposing methodologies to my selected path, often there are some good half or full truths that I utilise. If you were to look at my YouTube recommendations you would think I am totally confused about how to eat and workout.

8. Birdwoman

Birdwoman Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Your knickers must be very old!! Mine have not said St. Michael for several years!! Ha Ha!! (no malus meant).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The St. Michael brand was discontinued 18 years ago !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Frugality is a virtue no reason to discard a perfectly good pair of knickers and St Michael were a very good brand as I remember.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

They made good strong knickers that last for ever. I hope keto diet will help me do the same...... Note: a not-so-subtle hint to turn Back to topic before we get outed.

Does anyone here still think the press release on keto study is correctly interpreting the science as published in their study report? Or are you with me in saying the report does not support the popularised news clippingas relayed on the News and newspapers with such a fanfare? More like it deserves a raspberry IMHO, but then I could be wrong.

Knickers is such a good word to use on occasions such as this.......

12. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

I always wondered what happened to Basil Brush!

13. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Still trotting the boards, I believe. Apparently appeared in The Generation Game earlier this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Beth D.

Beth D. Type 2 · Newbie

Is it just me or am I missing the reference to the scientific article from this news site?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

And I am probably Saint Knickerless, as I don't wear mine in bed...:bag:

Robbity

ETA and thanks @lucylocket61 for answering @Mr_Pot's comment on my earlier post - I was having a complete computer disaster day on Sunday - my keyboard died and had to be replaced, and then my browser decided to get its knickers in a fiendish twist and I had to re-install it and sort out all the settings again - I'm stil recovering from fixing all the mess...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. Tannith

Tannith · Well-Known Member

18. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

There's a page missing - you know, the one titled Conflicts of Interest, Sources of funding, Sponsors

I just love the section on page 18 where they state the requirement for Evidence based advice and what constitutes evidence based. This should be interesting what they use to convince us.

I see in the bar chart that they consider it a higher risk to have low cereal diet to one containing trans fats or lead. That is a bit of a puzzle considering the evidence.

Edit to add: Here is the official view on it, and it seems harmless.
    https://assets.publishing.service.g...ata/file/670009/External_research_funding.pdf

However, if one of those non profit orgs is DUK, then we know THEY have unhealthy bedfellows. Last year I seem to remeber they trumpeted a partnership with Coca Cola in the press but I no longer have a link to that press release so I could be mistaken.
    https://www.diabetes.org.uk/get_involved/corporate/acknowledgements

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    #158 Oldvatr, Aug 15, 2018 at 3:04 AM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  19. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Sometimes we can see the evidence before our very eyes. Guidelines have been being set for decades and for at least one generation the levels of obesity and Type 2 Diabetes have risen to epidemic levels. You may argue that it is the public ignoring these guidelines that is to blame but I suggest that the system is rotten to the core. I cite former editors of the BMJ stating that 50% of published data is skewed by outside influence and poorly executed. When guidelines are set using this, sometimes industry led, data they are building their houses on sand.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Maybe as a health experiment you'd like to take one for the team and follow that way of eating for 6 months and see what happens?
    Then you can ask Dr Alison Tedidiot why your Type 2 has worsened and your health has deteriorated greatly. Or maybe you'd prove us all wrong. HbA1c before and after please.

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook