What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 not happy. Was 4.8 before supper of chicken and leaves admittedly balsamic dressing. But really? Didnt sleep well but really?
Have a hug. I have never come across "but really" used in that way - seriously or *** abound in the P domicile. Deep breath young lady and up and at 'em

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone feeling awful this morning I think I might have a chest infection as I’m coughing,lost my appetite,walking any distance makes me out of breath and my lung function is down. Also I’m not sure what to do to prevent nighttime hypos (due to eating very little) I tried drinking Coke but after a few hours I was back in the low 4.0s so I ended up drinking the full bottle of Coke over the course of the night (375mls) anyway I hope you all have a good day

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning everyone feeling awful this morning I think I might have a chest infection as I’m coughing,lost my appetite,walking any distance makes me out of breath and my lung function is down. Also I’m not sure what to do to prevent nighttime hypos (due to eating very little) I tried drinking Coke but after a few hours I was back in the low 4.0s so I ended up drinking the full bottle of Coke over the course of the night (375mls) anyway I hope you all have a good day
Coke = caffeine, chest infection see doctor based on your history. Get well soon.

Reactions: Goacher55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - bg 5.0 again - currently my body’s favourite morning number.
Hope all have a good day today - I’m hoping to get the bulk of the recipe booklet done by this evening and hope to get out to contributors tomorrow if it goes as planned. We were booked for puppy helping today - youngest sons puppy - but not needed last min. We are however giving him full lodgings from this Thursday to next Monday whilst son and partner go to the green man festival in wales so plenty of puppy time ahead.
I’m also preparing for my 3 monthly NHS cholesterol test in the morning so need to eat main meal early today and start my water only fast from 6pm. Early morning blood test booked!

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe try digestive biscuit as its slower release does your basal need tweaking
Sorry are you t1 or t2 x

Reactions: Cumberland

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a hug. I have never come across but really used in that way - seriously or *** abound in the P domicile. Deep breath young lady and up and at 'em
Thanks @ianpspurs . Hedge cutters here today so I will be spreading the cuttings with vigour in my woody area later.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Coke = caffeine, chest infection see doctor based on your history. Get well soon.
@alf_Josiah yeah I guess I never thought about the caffeine I was more concerned about not going low during the night but it didn’t really work anyway

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take care today Ziggy and be very kind to yourself.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinating what you learn by accident. 88 year old MIL had pre op medical - bionic woman. ( Both hip replacements replaced over last 3 years now knee replacement. She is turning into Trigger's broom) Anyhow, Mrs P tells me the pre op team took bg levels and MIL was under 5 - they said too low we prefer over 5! Mrs P tells me she rolled her eyes and said sotto voce you should meet my husband then:banghead:
Interesting @ianpspurs about the pre op bgs.. I do know that I feel best generally in what I’m starting to think of as a maintenance bg level from about 4.6 to 5.6. (Including 2 hour post meal) When I drop below the 4.6 in the day I’m very aware of it and the lower it is the more the effect is. I’m not keen on swings either down or up and really keen to keep mine as steady as possible. Small low carb regular meals seem to help me keep them in that window. It’s clearly individual how it makes you feel but would imagine going too low could cause problems for some especially during an operation. Good luck to your MIL for her operation. Quite a recovery process I’d imagine at 88 from a biggish op

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Maybe try digestive biscuit as its slower release does your basal need tweaking
Sorry are you t1 or t2 x
@karen8967 I will try a biscuit tonight not really in the mood for eating much I’m type 3 (due to medication) my only insulin I take is 12 units in the morning or a couple of units for corrections

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 not happy. Was 4.8 before supper of chicken and leaves admittedly balsamic dressing. But really? Didnt sleep well but really?
I chucked out my balsamic only apple cider vinegar in house now or use a bit of lemon juice I reacted to it as did @DJC3 i seem to remember? Mind you poor sleep is also a trigger for me too! Or it could just be the fbg lottery in action again!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting @ianpspurs about the pre op bgs.. I do know that I feel best generally in what I’m starting to think of as a maintenance bg level from about 4.6 to 5.6. (Including 2 hour post meal) When I drop below the 4.6 in the day I’m very aware of it and the lower it is the more the effect is. I’m not keen on swings either down or up and really keen to keep mine as steady as possible. Small low carb regular meals seem to help me keep them in that window. It’s clearly individual how it makes you feel but would imagine going too low could cause problems for some especially during an operation. Good luck to your MIL for her operation. Quite a recovery process I’d imagine at 88 from a biggish op
@shelley262 MIL is a proper tough lady. Survived double mastectomy, husband died 18 months later, daughter died of breast cancer. Still independent and cheery. She will be desperate to be mobile for country fairs where she gives displays of spinning and knitting. Re levels and comfort, I have definitely become too fixated on actual number and lost sight of how I feel or perform. I just like targets. I do instinctively feel the more smaller meals plan is the way forward but have no idea how I will shoehorn all the veg I want into that.

Last edited:

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m a tired and disappointed 8.4 thus morning can feel a feel sorry for myself morning ahead. I’m cold, I’m tired but I’ve got a cocker spaniel for comfort the only way is up from here although Hugo has helped

Reactions: Cumberland

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@shelley262 MIL is a proper tough lady. Survived double mastectomy, husband died 18 months later, daughter died of breast cancer. Still independent and cheery. She will be desperate to be mobile for country fairs where she gives displays of spinning and knitting. Re levels and comfort, I have definitely become too fixated on actual number and lost sight of how I feel or perform. I just like targets. I do instinctively feel the more smaller meals plan but have no idea how I will shoehorn all the veg I want into that.

What an amazing lady !