Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.9 for myself, the sun is shining and I'm feeling alive, hmm grass cutting or a waddle the world is my salty sea fish and am fishing - oh fishing...used to love fishing, hmmm me waddling near the waters edge maybe not but I can feed ducks like a demon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 for myself, the sun is shining and I'm feeling alive, hmm grass cutting or a waddle the world is my salty sea fish and am fishing - oh fishing...used to love fishing, hmmm me waddling near the waters edge maybe not but I can feed ducks like a demon.
Love your take on the world big man:)

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Love your take on the world big man:)
After years of mental torture through trying to think straight I've decided to just go with the flow now and see what life throws at me, taking it on the chin whilst wearing a clown mask reciting the works of Shakespeare in a terrible attempt at a cockney accent. If I couldn't laugh I really would be in a straight jacket (cuddle me coat).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
EVENT UPDATE – SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER - BIRMINGHAM

It's all coming along very nicely. Which is just as well as it's only just over 2 weeks away! It's very exciting.

• We have the venue booked (menu still to be confirmed)

• Hotel rooms booked for the Friday night for those arriving the day before

• We have guest speaker on the day (DCUK)

• We have their PR team on hand for the event. Hoping this is really going to spread our LCHF woe to control BS message.

• We have had invites produced and they have been sent to all interested parties
***PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE AND HAVE PREVIOUSLY CONFIRMED THAT YOU LIKE TO ATTEND ASAP AND I CAN SQUEEZE A COUPLE MORE IN IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US ***

• @Rachox has finished the Blood Sugar leaflet and it's looking fab….u…..lous. It's just perfect. Says everything and right to the point.

• @shelley262 has almost finished the low carb recipes with hints and tips booklet and it is already looking amazing, I really love how she has put it all together, it's making me want to start cooking!! Jam packed with great info.

• I have done the first draft of the Inspirational Stories booklet and will be sending it to all those included for them to check, to see if they are happy, want to edit, add, send pics (some have some haven't either way is fine obviously) etc. This should be out over the next 2 days to you.

• I have reached well over 100 stone on my 'we kicked diabetes' butt and shrank ours at the same time' spreadsheet. And really this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many many more.

• I have name badges and am thinking of adding both forum name and first 'real' name and will contact to confirm where I am not already aware. Obviously it isn't compulsory to give names.
THE PHOTOS ON THE DAY

This is how I see it going. We go to the venue in our nice gear, we will be in a group photo (those who wish to be in it) showing how we look now. I'm wearing something that shows off the weight loss well! And there will be a photo where we pop on our big trousers (or skirt etc. as the case may be) to show how much we have lost whilst putting our diabetes into remission/reversing/controlling (this may be a small amount or a large amount, it doesn't matter). I got rid of all mine so will be popping to a charity shop or Primarni to pick up an item in my old size. DCUK did say that t shirts may be provided for the day but it was going to be down to budget. There will be an opportunity to answer a few simple questions on video (should you wish to partake) these may be added to the DCUK website as a way of helping and guiding others. I personally love to hear real people's success stories.

QUESTIONS

1) I'm thinking of doing a life size eat well plate for what we are advised to eat and one for what we eat to keep our blood sugars controlled!! But the what we should eat would vary from person to person on here, some do keto, others various amounts of carbs, proteins, fats so it could prove difficult. Has anyone any ideas on this? Might have to leave it.

2) I was hoping to do a leaflet on simple exercises, from armchair to high power. I won't have time, and probably not the best person to do this as I really only walk! I might just have to leave this to one side and maybe think about it for the next event :) Have to think about copy write too. Anyone have any ideas how we could do something on an A4 size sheet for example to keep it simple?

Can I just take this opportunity to say a massive thanks for all your help. Could NOT have got this off the ground without all the help I have received. You are such an amazing bunch of people.

Reactions: ianpspurs