What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 days of intense cravings and I finally caved in. I own it and take full responsibility for the big mac and fries. I learn two things; 1. It didn’t taste as good as I remembered. 2. Self loathing hurts more than the cravings.
I have sinned more times than I care to remember but, as everyone is telling you, forget about it; put it behind you ; start again. I don't slip as often now mainly because I remind myself what it will do to my BGs and because it's highly likely what ever I am craving I can probably do low carb and better than the memory. Not everything ....but I've solved a lot of them.
We've all been there , done it and got the T Shirt.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your kind words, I was a bit nervous but I hope it didn’t show. It was fun though!
Food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, tiny roast potato (previously frozen), small individual yorkie and mixed veg followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner at ILs; cheese, cold meat and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.
I am planning to listen at bedtime hoping your positive words will have an impact on my fasting numbers for the morning ;)
I love your Sunday posts, one Jaffa cake features on almost every one :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure is! Even 100% can be downed at an alarming rate! At least if you go for the lowest possible carb ones, even a whole 100g bar doesn’t do too much damage to total carb intake. Does give a pretty intense flavour hit though!
Must admit it was very hard work to manage to eat more than 1 square of the M&S 100%. Very hard work but with training I succeeded! That bar did last a very long time though.

Reactions: Goonergal

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am planning to listen at bedtime hoping your positive words will have an impact on my fasting numbers for the morning ;)
I love your Sunday posts, one Jaffa cake features on almost every one :)

Oh what a responsibility to be in charge of your fasting number tomorrow :wideyed:
MIL doesn’t do fruit so as the savoury course is very low carb at Sunday tea, I have the Jaffa cake (8.4 g carbs), I nibble it slowly to make it last, whilst turning a blind eye to the ice cream and cake!

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh what a responsibility to be in charge of your fasting number tomorrow :wideyed:
MIL doesn’t do fruit so as the savoury course is very low carb at Sunday tea, I have the Jaffa cake (8.4 g carbs), I nibble it slowly to make it last, whilst turning a blind eye to the ice cream and cake!
I’m hoping your lovely low numbers will rub off on me :joyful:
Jaffa cakes used to be one of my favourites not had one since diagnosis, I will have to tell myself I didn’t really like them ;)

Reactions: GrumpyOldPhart

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jaffa cakes used to be one of my favourites not had one since diagnosis, I will have to tell myself I didn’t really like them ;)
You’re so right, they’re not very nice! :hungover:;)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bet you'd like these - low carb Jaffa cakes - 1.8g carbs. I also bet they'll taste better than packet Jaffas. Thankfully it's another thing I've never liked (but I would love a Scotch Pie).

https://www.mysweetketo.com/recipe/low-carb-jaffa-cakes/

Reactions: Rachox

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your kind words, I was a bit nervous but I hope it didn’t show. It was fun though!
Food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, tiny roast potato (previously frozen), small individual yorkie and mixed veg followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner at ILs; cheese, cold meat and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.
Love your weekly Jaffa cake treat think today after your sterling performance on radio very impressive you’d probably earnt more than one!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must admit it was very hard work to manage to eat more than 1 square of the M&S 100%. Very hard work but with training I succeeded! That bar did last a very long time though.

The first time I tried Lindt 99% I thought it was vile. I have since managed an entire bar of Montezuma Absolute Black (the one with orange and cocoa nibs) in one evening, similarly the M&S 100% (although not the same evening)!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The first time I tried Lindt 99% I thought it was vile. I have since managed an entire bar of Montezuma Absolute Black (the one with orange and cocoa nibs) in one evening, similarly the M&S 100% (although not the same evening)!
Loved your Cooper request but I don’t think our youngest would let him come along as they are at home that weekend ! I’d be more than happy .......

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, just listened to your radio interview, well done, you did so well, a true star in every sense of the word x

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.2 FBG 4.8 - stabilising again. Busy day. Hubby off to football (they won) me cleaning, cooking and off to the boys swimming lessons. No 1 seems to have developed a responsible streak. He wants to improve his swimming? I fear he has been abducted and replaced by another child.
B. 4 of these Morrison's rollitos goats cheese and salami Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
Slice of the 90 second microwave bread with butter. Like @jayney27 I added sesame seeds top and bottom.
L. Nothing - at swimming
D. Ah , an evening of experiments. Campari and soda followed by fish n chips. Considering I didn't like fish n chips pre diabetes This Was quite a turnaround as it was delicious. Fish was cod loin which I cut into thick chunks. Coating was more or less the coating for The sesame chicken - almond flour, flaxseed, parmesan, parsley and sesame seeds (not as much sesame seeds as the chicken. Beaten egg with a little water. Dip the fish in egg then coat in The crumb. Fried in a mix of flora and olive oil. About 5 mins turning as required. Chips were aubergine. Cut circles then cut into chips used a mix of almond flour, flaxseed,parmesan, paprika , salt and pepper. Put the crumb mix in a plastic bag. Beat and egg white, dip the chips then put in the bag with the crumb and shake. Put the chips on oiled greaseproof on a baking sheet , drizzle some oil on them and oven bake for about 20 mins turning every so often until they are browned. Also made tartare sauce with mayo, chopped pickled dill and a little medium curry powder. BG hardly moved.
Followed it with a raspberry, blackberry and blueberry crumble. This needs more work. Was very tart but I like it that way sprinkled the berries with golden monk fruit. Crumb , I used almond flour , flaxseed, some desiccated coconut, 2 tablespoons monk fruit 1 of inulin. Rubbed butter in to form the crumb. It didn T crisp as I thought but there is something addictive about it. Again BGs are fine.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 5.2 FBG 4.8 - stabilising again. Busy day. Hubby off to football (they won) me cleaning, cooking and off to the boys swimming lessons. No 1 seems to have developed a responsible streak. He wants to improve his swimming? I fear he has been abducted and replaced by another child.
B. 4 of these Morrison's rollitos goats cheese and salami Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
Slice of the 90 second microwave bread with butter. Like @jayney27 I added sesame seeds top and bottom.
L. Nothing - at swimming
D. Ah , an evening of experiments. Campari and soda followed by fish n chips. Considering I didn't like fish n chips pre diabetes This Was quite a turnaround as it was delicious. Fish was cod loin which I cut into thick chunks. Coating was more or less the coating for The sesame chicken - almond flour, flaxseed, parmesan, parsley and sesame seeds (not as much sesame seeds as the chicken. Beaten egg with a little water. Dip the fish in egg then coat in The crumb. Fried in a mix of flora and olive oil. About 5 mins turning as required. Chips were aubergine. Cut circles then cut into chips used a mix of almond flour, flaxseed,parmesan, paprika , salt and pepper. Put the crumb mix in a plastic bag. Beat and egg white, dip the chips then put in the bag with the crumb and shake. Put the chips on oiled greaseproof on a baking sheet , drizzle some oil on them and oven bake for about 20 mins turning every so often until they are browned. Also made tartare sauce with mayo, chopped pickled dill and a little medium curry powder. BG hardly moved.
Followed it with a raspberry, blackberry and blueberry crumble. This needs more work. Was very tart but I like it that way sprinkled the berries with golden monk fruit. Crumb , I used almond flour , flaxseed, some desiccated coconut, 2 tablespoons monk fruit 1 of inulin. Rubbed butter in to form the crumb. It didn T crisp as I thought but there is something addictive about it. Again BGs are fine.
Your fish and chips sounds wonderful :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L. Nothing - at swimming

Aubergine chips? Thats a new one on me - they sounds great.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m definitely trying these!
A packet of sugar free orange jelly will have to do for the middle bit though. Too much faffing with gelatin etc.
My thoughts too, I will try them but may have to wait until next weekend.

Reactions: DJC3