What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.5 FBG 6.4 - stress- pure and simple. Great result @shelley262. @DJC3 thank you for the kind words. Tomorrow will be truly awful. We're having to leave around 7.40 to get the boys to breakfast club which is going to make for a very early rise and I'm anxious because even going that early any problems on route and there's no detour options. If we can get over the bridge we'll be fine.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
Back on the school run with 2 moaning children
L. 6 of these mini M&S sausages cold.
D. Bunless burger with a cheese slice, 2 mushrooms , 4 Santini tomatoes, bit lettuce, spoon of coleslaw.

Got a big pot of spinach and broccoli soup made in the Instant Pot as I thought it would be digestible tomorrow. Just needs a blitz.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 7.5 FBG 6.4 - stress- pure and simple. Great result @shelley262. @DJC3 thank you for the kind words. Tomorrow will be truly awful. We're having to leave around 7.40 to get the boys to breakfast club which is going to make for a very early rise and I'm anxious because even going that early any problems on route and there's no detour options. If we can get over the bridge we'll be fine.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
Back on the school run with 2 moaning children
L. 6 of these mini M&S sausages cold.
D. Bunless burger with a cheese slice, 2 mushrooms , 4 Santini tomatoes, bit lettuce, spoon of coleslaw.

Got a big pot of spinach and broccoli soup made in the Instant Pot as I thought it would be digestible tomorrow. Just needs a blitz.
Hope today isn’t too difficult practically in addition to all the emotion that you’ll be dealing with. Take care of yourself lots of hugs from me x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go safely today, @maglil55 . Hopefully you will be able to take just a little time to think of the happy times you and your sister shared over the years.

Thinking of you all.

Reactions: Tori71 and maglil55

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Do you have any other essences in? I often use lemon or orange instead.
Thank you @Rachox it was awful...just chia and coconut milk...think I used a bit too much milk, so grated a bit of lindt 90% into it, will have a look for some essence flavours tomorrow when im out shopping, its all trial and error lol x

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Hi all. A bit late posting tonight as hit the swimming pool to de-stress after work. Only Tuesday but feels like a full week already. @ianpspurs the office could do with some instruction from Mrs P/Julie on dishwasher stacking (and shared kitchen etiquette in general.

@shelley262 brilliant result! Well deserved - hope you’ve enjoyed your red wine.

@fran57 chia pudding will be just fine without the extract

Today’s menu was smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch and a minced beef, bacon and cheesy concoction with a few onion granules thrown in. Very tasty and BG went down between eating and swimming.

Finally, @maglil55 will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Thank you x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
More ambitious today - added hovering and using the new washing machine plus, as the lady formerly known as Mrs P was up and about, cut the rest of the lawns. Hope y'all dealt with whatever fortunate or harrowing days you had. @maglil55 hope you can find some peace this evening.

Breakfast: Tea
Dockey : Tea
Lunch : Large salad with tin of mackerel in olive oil; chia seeds; Tea
Mid Afternoon: Tassimo Americano Grande with cream
Evening meal: Thai green (chicken) curry with mushrooms and spinach wilted in. That was easy, tasty and a real keeper if bloods come back sensible. I think I've found my comfort food.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 6 pecan nuts and 2 cups of tea with whole milk. Don't usually have breakfast but I was hungry.
Lunch - 30g peanuts and 20g 90% chocolate, cup of tea
Dinner - Cheddar Cheese and red Leicester cheese and 2 homegrown tomatoes with added seasalt.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one slice bacon and egg
Lunch veggie soup
Dinner bolognese on bed of buttered mushrooms with glass of red followed by raspberry mousse and coffee
Hope everyone had a good Wednesday.

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I am back in the uk now, will be back home on Friday so until then I’m still a little bit at the mercy of others and not fully in control of what’s available, therefore will rejoin posts on Monday when I will have both hands firmly on the reins and my behind in the saddle so to speak.
Hope everyone is well, I have missed the motivation and support. X

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone
B: DD breakfast sandwich ( 2 fried eggs ‘over easy’ stacked with a thin slice of smoked ham and of Emmental in between)

L: DD mushroom frittata with rocket salad

D: DD Stuffed low carb cabbage casserole - nicer than it sounds.

I have been using the Carbs&Cals app to track my food and work out the carbs, but since following the DD meal plans I havent needed to. However today, just for interest I put all the ingerdients for the meals into Carbs&Cals and the carb total was markedly lower than DD The frittata for instance was 6g carb per portion according to DD but only 1 according to Carbs&cals. I do wonder if this might have been a factor in some of my higher than expected bg readings recently - if I was underestimating carb values. How do other people track?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I am back in the uk now, will be back home on Friday so until then I’m still a little bit at the mercy of others and not fully in control of what’s available, therefore will rejoin posts on Monday when I will have both hands firmly on the reins and my behind in the saddle so to speak.
Hope everyone is well, I have missed the motivation and support. X
Hope you’ve had an enjoyable holiday and look forward to you posting again soon - welcome back to UK.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: TunaMayo with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very late posting after a saga at the gym. Went to unwind after very stressful day at work (if there were such a thing as a cortisol meter, I’m sure it would be reading hi). Worked a treat until I got back into the changing room to find that my padlock was refusing to open when I entered the code. Several attempts to no avail. Eventually found a staff member who was on the point of getting the bolt cutters when I realised that I’d been using the wrong code!

Today’s menu was lunch of smoked salmon and cream cheese bolted down between calls to avert a crisis and dinner of Waitrose beef steak hache and one of the halloumi burgers. Not sure about the halloumi - although I did arrive at work to find the pack of burgers I’d taken out of the office fridge to bring home the night before in my bag (2 distinctly senior moments in one day), so probably not in peak condition.

@jayney27 welcome back

@DJC3 that breakfast sounds great.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very late posting after a saga at the gym. Went to unwind after very stressful day at work (if there were such a thing as a cortisol meter, I’m sure it would be reading hi). Worked a treat until I got back into the changing room to find that my padlock was refusing to open when I entered the code. Several attempts to no avail. Eventually found a staff member who was on the point of getting the bolt cutters when I realised that I’d been using the wrong code!

Today’s menu was lunch of smoked salmon and cream cheese bolted down between calls to avert a crisis and dinner of Waitrose beef steak hache and one of the halloumi burgers. Not sure about the halloumi - although I did arrive at work to find the pack of burgers I’d taken out of the office fridge to bring home the night before in my bag (2 distinctly senior moments in one day), so probably not in peak condition.

@jayney27 welcome back

Just one word stress I know it well! Take care hope you get good rest tonight x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just one word stress I know it well! Take care hope you get good rest tonight x

Thanks. Hopefully the workout will aid sleep. Need it as very long day tomorrow 7am train from Kings Cross to Middlesbrough for meetings, arriving back at Kings Cross around 9pm.

D

Deleted member 489048

polenta chips, vegetarian sausages (linda mcCartney), asparagus and mushrooms with gravy. Small bowl ice cream with a cone.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@jayney27 welcome back

It is my new favourite breakfast!

How did you explain you’d got the wrong code? That did make me laugh, I can imagine the sudden dawning realisation.