What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, quiet day finishing the holiday washing and a quick food shop.
Almond milk cappuccino with a dash of cream on waking followed by fried egg, bacon and mushrooms
Late lunch of homemade cauliflower soup and some salami crisps
Dinner tuna pizza on fat head mozzarella base followed by homemade chocolate granola and cream

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Much warmer and no rain - just as I found out all 5 gilets and 7 pairs of walking trousers plus bought 2 beanies and 2 pairs of gloves. Oh yes, also 2 more pairs of waterproof over trousers. Expect a drought and heatwave:angelic:
Menu

Breakfast: Lots of tea - a 5.20 ish start will do that to a guy; Tassimo Americano Grande with cream
Dockey : Waitrose latte
Lunch : Line caught Tuna steak seared on griddle with 2 large flat mushrooms and Stokes’ garlic mayo
Mid Afternoon: Tea after dog walk
Evening meal: Roast pheasant wrapped in bacon with waitrose 1 sausage meat, chargrilled veggies, tenderstem broccoli and fine green beans with sherry and dijon mustard sauce (that's a keeper); small piece of the excellent Gruyere (looking for sherry found 2 bottles of Baileys and a decanter of brandy of cognac we had forgotten; Waitrose were selling plaice fillets cheaply I bought a few 2 for 1.20 - 1 for breakfast tomorrow )
Edit: Forget that sauce as a keeper - 7.6 @ 2 hrs we'll try it with red wine another time. The clue was in the word sherry - what a clownshoe :arghh::arghh::arghh: When you get complacent in a fight poo wins

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Let’s hope you’re right about the heatwave @ianpspurs (not wishing a drought upon us).

Mega bake today in preparation for my colleague’s surprise 60th tomorrow. Chocolate olive oil cake, lemon zucchini cake, raspberry clafoutis and batch of CCBs all completed by 12.15pm. Senior moment preparing the CCBs - added melted butter to the dry mix rather than keeping it in the pan for the caramel :banghead: Not enough ingredients in stock to start again so added more flaxseed and chopped nuts to soak up the liquid and melted some more butter for the caramel. Then added slightly less cream than planned (good excuse to drink the remaining cream).

Apres baking lunch was @DJC3 s Diet Doctor breakfast sandwich. No ham so substituted 3 rashers streaky bacon. Definitely a keeper.

Post lunch snack was one of the CCBs. Very good - best ones so far.

Dinner was chicken wings with Parmesan, pork crunch and garlic salt coating (seems to stick just as well without ground almonds).

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If there is a Mrs Butcher he takes orders all day, every day:angelic: (He may feel free to disregard them but he will certainly take orders)

Mr Butcher probably does have a Mrs Butcher in the background, but for good measure they have a lady butcher in the business, although she's rarely in the shop element.

I'd love to spend a day or two in the butchery. I enjoy butchering, by MrB reckons I butcher like I resect - neat, neat, neat.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Columbian eggs. HiLo toast topped with smashed avo with lime and chilli. Then a layer of scrambled egg with finely chopped tomato.
L. Vegetable soup, small piece of brie
Snack. Mixed nuts
D. Gin and slim, peanuts. Borneo rainforest vege made with tofu. Greek yoghurt with damson puree

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sat working out my 'quite' low carb Christmas dinner menu as I'm having everyone 'round this year. Is this too sad???
Nope - when it's my turn I start the planning in August since as well as low carbers I have shellfish allergies to deal with (not me), 1 coeliac, a vegan and dairy allergies. A teetotal one too but that's easy.
I try to minimise the work by making most things gluten free and having alternatives to cover everything else. So not sad - organised!

Reactions: ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perhaps. Too soon to make such an important decision.
Avoid, avoid, maybe.
Unless I can stay in pyjamas all day.
That's what I'll be doing. There are too many of us This Year so we're going out for Christmas lunch on 23 December and on Christmas Day all doing our own thing. Ours will be nothing fancy, PJs all day and just slob out in front of the TV.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
Not exactly a heatwave here @ianpspurs but certainly warmer than yesterday. I spent a lovely couple of hours walking round the common ( still stalking other people’s dogs) in the sun

B: A DD version of an English muffin with a fried egg and rasher of bacon. It was nice but nothing like a muffin

L: Tuna avocado and spinach salad with a huge dollop of h/m mayo. One of my low carb take on Delia’s brownies with coffee afterwards.

D:Slow roast pork with roast broccoli and spinach.

@Goonergal I’ve also bought my first jumper of the season, several more to come I fear.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skye light and free yoghurt (3.6% carbs no sugar or artificial sweetener, stevia) not seen these before this week
Double cream as the above is unfortunately 0# fat but it has flavours!!!
Ditch the carbs grain free granola

Dietdoctor soft seed bread ( a first for me making keto bread)
Peanut butter lashings onthe above

Salad, dietdoctor sweet and sticky drumsticks, cheeses

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.
Not exactly a heatwave here @ianpspurs but certainly warmer than yesterday. I spent a lovely couple of hours walking round the common ( still stalking other people’s dogs) in the sun

B: A DD version of an English muffin with a fried egg and rasher of bacon. It was nice but nothing like a muffin

L: Tuna avocado and spinach salad with a huge dollop of h/m mayo. One of my low carb take on Delia’s brownies with coffee afterwards.

@Goonergal I’ve also bought my first jumper of the season, several more to come I fear.
I got 4 jumpers in the J D Williams sale - 3 < £5 And the expensive one at £6.89.

The quality for the boys clothes was always good but since I discovered I'm smaller more options have opened up in the sale for me. I got loads of stuff for silly prices and they gave me 20% off on top of the sale price.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning snack (knowing lunch was going to be late) : raspberry chia pudding and a white coffee (just a dash of milk).
Lunch at Wetherspoons: steak, mushroom, peas, tomato and side salad followed by Banana Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: Tesco cold Chinese style pork, cauliflower, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

I needed to buy jumpers too, never really a fan but now they are much needed, I feel the cold more and as they are 3 to 4 sixes smaller I quite like them lol

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.7 FBG 6.5. Fun and games at the swimming today as quite a few didn't change their clocks and turned up 1 hr late. Two beauts from the boys today. No 2 was told if he misbehaved there would be no treats. Response? "I wasn't naughty I was just a little bit annoying". No 1 had an excellent day at swimming despite moaning like mad beforehand. Informed him I was very proud of him for the way he behaved. "You're proud? I'm very proud of myself Nana".
B. 2 M&S 97% pork chipolatos, fried egg, 1 mushroom, 4 mini plum tomatoes and 2 rashers streaky crispy bacon and Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - off to swimming With The boys after the spooky bug and treasure hunt in full fancy dress.
D. Steak and kidney Instant Potted with onion, carrot, mushrooms, steamed sprouts and green beans, celeriac mash.
Campari and soda.
Scoop of Breyer's cookie dough and 4 strawberries.
Off to bed now - my body is confused.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My one meal today was at evening dinner: salad, with mayo, chestnut mushrooms sautéd in garlic butter, and a square cube of sirloin steak that I swiped from Mr Pipp's plate.
Have drank copius cups of decaff and soda water.

I need a rethink, as I have regained around 5kg of weight lost since I adopted a higher fat regime 2 months ago. Although I am seeing no more double figure BG levels, I still see 7s fasting, and that doesn't drop until after breaking the fast, so not a good idea to skip breakfast.

Reactions: Debandez and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got 4 jumpers in the J D Williams sale - 3 < £5 And the expensive one at £6.89.

The quality for the boys clothes was always good but since I discovered I'm smaller more options have opened up in the sale for me. I got loads of stuff for silly prices and they gave me 20% off on top of the sale price.

I should probably be thankful we don’t have a JD Williams here. Shopping is definitely more fun when looking for smaller sizes though isn’t it? I didn’t often wear jumpers when I was bigger but seem to have developed a serious jumper habit last winter.

Reactions: Debandez

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I needed to buy jumpers too, never really a fan but now they are much needed, I feel the cold more and as they are 3 to 4 sixes smaller I quite like them lol

Yes, exactly how I feel. I love a cosy jumper now.

Reactions: jayney27

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My one meal today was at evening dinner: salad, with mayo, chestnut mushrooms sautéd in garlic butter, and a square cube of sirloin steak that I swiped from Mr Pipp's plate.
Have drank copius cups of decaff and soda water.

I need a rethink, as I have regained around 5kg of weight lost since I adopted a higher fat regime 2 months ago. Although I am seeing no more double figure BG levels, I still see 7s fasting, and that doesn't drop until after breaking the fast, so not a good idea to skip breakfast.

Sorry to hear of your weight gain. It’s such a fine balance isn’t it? As soon as I think I’ve cracked it my body seems to catch up and reset itself so I’m finding I’m having to eat lower and lower carb, more and more fat and do more exercise just to get the same results. It’s very frustrating.