What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 at 07.30. Grrrrr
Torrential rain here again and I’ve got a hole in the roof. Hope the bucket in loft holds till OH gets back tomo night. Cant see anyone mending it before then.
@Goacher55 happy birthday enjoy every minute.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone not had a very good few days so far on Saturday I felt so sick I couldn’t eat any dinner and yesterday and today I’ve been running temperatures my aunt said I probably have the flu but is it even possible to get the flu after having the flu jab? Not sure what I’m going to do today but right now I’m focusing on staying warm and trying to stop shivering. My blood sugar is 5.3 today probably slightly raised due to being sick

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone not had a very good few days so far on Saturday I felt so sick I couldn’t eat any dinner and yesterday and today I’ve been running temperatures my aunt said I probably have the flu but is it even possible to get the flu after having the flu jab? Not sure what I’m going to do today but right now I’m focusing on staying warm and trying to stop shivering. My blood sugar is 5.3 today probably slightly raised due to being sick
Hi Ziggy I hope you start to improve real soon. Sending you hugs. X

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I went to the pub yesterday for a late lunch. Pheasnt stew, delicious .

The owner /chef is a real hunter / gatherer type. Apparently there is a local shoot where after the event the pheasants are just left and go to landfill. Can you believe it? Well this guy collects them up and cooks them for £5 per plate. He has another 50 in his freezer.

I left the pub at 4 having eaten and drank 2 X glasses of red wine. My sugars were 6. This morning at 7am sugars still 6 . Sometimes I am a little jealous of those of you who use continuous blood sugar monitors just to actually know what happens . Sometime I think in the big picture it doesn't really matter, have another cup of coffee and get on with the day. ...Wishing you all a good start to the week.....

123Kiwi

Hi all,
Tested my blood this morning. 9.5 :(
Newly diagnosed, type 2. First post here. Just been to Desmond, and wasn’t impressed for the most part, but some of the info was good. I don’t like their approach to low fat eating. It doesn’t make sense to me. Having said that, I’m struggling to make dietary changes. I’m under incredible stress right now and I know I’m eating very badly.
Hope to read and contribute more soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Newly diagnosed, type 2. First post here. Just been to Desmond, and wasn’t impressed for the most part, but some of the info was good. I don’t like their approach to low fat eating. It doesn’t make sense to me. Having said that, I’m struggling to make dietary changes. I’m under incredible stress right now and I know I’m eating very badly.
Good to have you on board @123Kiwi. Now you are testing, posting and reading things will improve as they have for so many others. Look forward to hearing more from you and watching your progress.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.5 today. Might get some showers today, hope to get a walk at some stage.
Happy birthday @Goacher55 , enjoy your day.
@Ziggy2017, my sympathies for what you are going through, hope it improves.
@LeftPeg , well done, solid achievement.
Picking up where i left off yesterday’s tidying up shed.
Hope the rest of you are well. Your BG is fair. Have a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Hi Kiwi...welcome to the forum you won't be the first that has been disappointed with the DESMOND course...I did attend one and wish I'd never ventured near the place...it was like a bad Monty Python sketch...after asking about meters & testing...low carb & high fat..at lunch time the 'educator' I use that term loosely said she felt I was too advanced for the course...so I had no need to attend the afternoon session...initially the change of everything you are familiar with is daunting...confusing...possibly won't make sense...give yourself some time...there is no need to rush...any questions you have post them on the forum I'm sure one of the members can help...good luck.