Regular moderate exercise log

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.
This is a thread where those of us who are not Ironman-ready or triathletes or any other kind of sports superstar can log our more moderate achievements and encourage each other.

I was a very keen sportswoman when I was younger but have really let it slide and these days all I want to do is make my exercise more regular. I have also spoken to/messaged other women on this forum who have similar intentions but we are a bit overawed by our (wonderful, and mostly male) diabetic overachievers. My own exercise habits go in fits and starts, so I plan to log all my moderate boring stuff here in the hope that writing it down will make me do it more often.

First of all: today I walked briskly for approximately 90 minutes!
:)

90 minutes is fantastic, briskly is impressive!
Why don't you try to download an app like Strava? It is free to use, it is also simple. It doesn't need an internet connection as it works from mobile phone signals (it doesn't use your phone credits/minutes or your roaming data either, just the phone signal). Advantages: you can record your walk route and review it later. It keeps distance and time. You can save the walk with a name. You can add a photo. You can add notes. Works for walking, running or cycling!
Try it out, I love it. I've got my wife using a similar app (Runkeeper, also free) and she loves it too.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Catching up... After doing 1/2 hour free weights session in the morning (squats, romanians, mostly) Weds night's harriers training run didn't happen due to being stuck in gridlocked traffic - did a bit of comfort eating instead :-( Got on the cycle rollers Thurs morning for a hard hard 1/2 hour. Easy 40 mins run Thursday evening and then 40 mins on the fat bike this morning :) Another 30 mins free weights this evening.

Reactions: Goonergal

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A swim and a gym for me, 1150m breaststroke in 30.17 and then a few ab sets in the gym and a bit of arm work, not something I often train but I had some time on my hands, bloods were behaved swimming, though I ate a banana & a 10g tube of glucogel to be on the safe side, I still got out to a sloping down Libre arrow but stayed in range :) although I needed a couple of glucose tabs in the gym.

Have a good weekend.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Saturday shoulders, a definite improvement since I chopped and changed things so I'm quite pleased :) nothing too heavy but I could still feel yesterdays swim.

@johnpol Good luck for your contest tomorrow!
Thank you, 120.6 kg five kilos to spare for the 125kg class, just sitting around till tomorrow

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whoop whoop! physio is starting to deliver after 18months of ham/glute injury, back through the 70% age-grade on this morning's parkrun :)
Just gotta survive 'Bobs nite race' tonight - rural footpath stagger starting 11pm . No way can I manage the full 23miles, just hoping to do the short course.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dances with glee and delight on two fronts!

Now into December's walking targets for both Total Steps and Continuous Walking Brisk Pace.

No unscheduled stops to coax blood sugars back into a reasonable range on today's 18 miles walk. Not sure which I'm more pleased with.

Reactions: ianpspurs and kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At a very quiet Gatwick, Sunday is definitely a quieter day to fly than Saturday. On my 2nd mile wandering around the departure lounges, getting some steps in before 2 days working in Jersey. Managed 18k steps Saturday including a 5k Parkrun.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who wanders around getting steps up whilst waiting for transport!

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Got back home at about 4.30am after 2 and a bit hours jogging and sliding around Warwickshire's fields and footpaths. Self navigation in the dead of night is always a bit fraught but I only made one error which cost me about 5 minutes. Some hedges had been removed so I followed the wrong hedgeline to be faced with an unexpected stream doh!. Managed 2-3 hours sleep then did a 90minute round trip walk to the café for a protein packed brekkie. Tired now … zzzz

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A tea time swim as my bloods were trending downwards at lunch, 1250m swum in 30.42 which was 100m more than in the same time on Friday, bloods worked out ok too.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A gentle gym session this morning because circuits was cancelled - did 1km on the treadmill which is a new thing for me, running has never been part of my regime. Inspired by the runners on here. An hour and a half of dancing and 12k steps too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Resting today as having chronic pains in feet and legs. Nice to not HAVE to go out for one thing or another. Was swimming last Sunday but the cold water in the expensive part private/council pool caused me uncomfortable cramps in my feet and legs so had to spend more time in warm showers than in pool. Very very disappointing. When I'm well I will make an issue of it. Not enough energy on 800cals diet to take on any new fights. :(
In 2wks time dietician is increasing my cals. I was shocked. Before an operation in February? Where I'll be eating even less. Strange I thought.
I'm walking but at a crawls pace due to lack of energy.
At least its keeping me moving. I've reduced my painkillers but maybe too much. My feet are constantly too hot or too cold and in pain now. Even when not walking. Why it is worse in bed? I'll have to Google that one. I think I saw it on the forum somewhere.
I hope everyone is at their best.
Oh how I admire you all! Best of luck. :)

I might go back to GP to see if he can increase pregabalin meds. Rather than having to re-increase the knock out dihydrocodeine with paracetamol every 4hrs.
I'm anything for comfort so I can do more. Let's see.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously behind.

Friday gym session (weights) and 13.7k steps. Yesterday 10.6k steps. Today back to the gym. Upped program - step ups holding 3kg ball, push ups, crunches, physio prescribed exercises. Legs - leg press, abductor and adductor, calf press, leg extensions. Arms: lat pull down, seated row, seated dip. Used the gyms body composition machine - body fat % down by 2% and muscle mass up 1% over the past month. Happy with that as not been too regularly until this week.

@johnpol how did you get on?