Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope you achieve all you want to do on Sunday but whatever happens anyone following this thread knows lack of effort and hard work won't be a factor.
Thank you, I had forgotten just what nerves do to you, when I used to do the strongman comps I used to drop around 5kg in body weight prior to competing, all through nerves, you have to learn how to channel it so it doesn't affect your performance. my wife just says that you will do well, so I can't see what your problem is. It's that funny thing called "Doubt" will my Knees hold out, will I make depth, can I actually do what I've been doing in the gym??? It's all part and parcel of actually standing on the platform and showing your mettle to three Referees. But I will do it

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I had forgotten just what nerves do to you, when I used to do the strongman comps I used to drop around 5kg in body weight prior to competing, all through nerves, you have to learn how to channel it so it doesn't affect your performance. my wife just says that you will do well, so I can't see what your problem is. It's that funny thing called "Doubt" will my Knees hold out, will I make depth, can I actually do what I've been doing in the gym??? It's all part and parcel of actually standing on the platform and showing your mettle to three Referees. But I will do it
FWIW I would say we - all on here - absolutely believe in you.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well last training session before my comp on Sunday so 140kg deadlift 3x3 and 70kg bench press 3x3 and done, its funny how you forget what the nerves can do to you before a competition. especially when you want to do well, just need to relearn how to channel it so that I can do well.

Good luck with the competition.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Had planned a longish bike ride today but its darn cold n wet so just did 3/4 hour walk to the café for brekkie and 3/4 hour walk back. Otherwise I just played my guitar and did some language lessons i.e. I sat down :-/

Geoffno6

Good luck for Sunday, we reckon you’ll smash it!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A late post for a lunchtime back session, rained off work so got the gym in mid day, 85kg x4 heaviest lat pull downs, 105kg x 4 dead lifts, 50kg shrugs, 80kg close grip pull downs and up to 40kg bent over rows, all felt ok and 3 sets on each working up to the heaviest 4th set.

No swimming again as I keep putting it off, not quite got the measure of Tresiba insulin and its peculiarities yet and I'm 3 months in on it, old dog new tricks and all that jazz.... :)

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Friday I FINALLY got my beloved tt bike back, rebuilt from the wreck. I put another bike in for service, and the tt bike into the trainer to crank inside. Getting higher speeds in my workouts but my quads are feeling that I haven’t been on this bike for 9 weeks. The rebuilt has it a little off dimensionally so it’s going to need tweaking. I’m still not happy with the seat.

My “on the road” road bike is gonna have to be the wet weather bike until my favorite bike is done.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After a feeble 7.6k steps yesterday, back on it today with 20.4k steps today of which 16.5k were aerobic. Also got myself to the gym - managed to up weights on all bar 1 machine. All round legs/arms routine with weights plus some push ups, step ups, crunches and stretching. Seems to be helping the shins. Just the knee to sort out now.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A little swim with the child yesterday, a few 50m 'races' from a dive and where I have to let her win :) another couple of years and I reckon she'll be able to beat me at fly and crawl regardless, good fun and about 30 lengths swum with a blood of 10mmols which to be awkward didn't drop as expected....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep forgetting to post here, the feeble number of steps I’m clocking up may be a factor - it’s just too cold and wet here to go out for fun.
I’ve been trying various exercise classes with a view to joining a local leisure centre which is acutally part of a holiday complex but is open all year round. The cafe does great coffee too which is a bonus.
Today I did ‘restorative yoga’ which I thought would be a doddle as I’ve done yoga on and off for years and it sounded gentle - blimey! It half killed me and my legs are still shakey - could barely drive home.
Yesterday was aqua aerobics which was ok, but the instructor was in the pool with us so I couldn’t really see what her legs were doing.
Tues was an old biddies keep fit class in the village hall - I did this more to meet people than expecting any great fitness benefit ( which was just as well - a lot of wafting arms around)
Monday was pilates which I loved.

Every day I’ve done 15 mins hiit on my exercise bike as soon as I get up, I don’t like it but I’m glad when its done.

@johnpol will be rooting for you this weekend, you’ll always be a winner in my eyes.

Edit to correct typo

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A leg session for me today, a normal warm up then a second warm up just for my knees :) single leg extensions and curls to failure, then the same exercises but with both legs again to failure, tactical training saw the squat rack become free after that so squats up to 110kg x 4 with decentish form, then calf raises on the leg press as the smith machine was in use finishing with a 1km run on the treadmill and some stretching.

Reactions: ianpspurs