Regular moderate exercise log

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders for me, an ok session and seeing some benefit (at last :) ) from the altered training I've been doing, I managed bar bell press to 50kg x 3 pain free which was an achievement, a decent workout but I didn't get a swim in as my bloods were wanting to slide...

Before moving from Lantus to Tresiba I was warned by a few I may struggle working it with exercise, "yeah whatever" was my stock response but I'm thinking about it now, that's for sure...

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Good weekend. 5k parkrun PB yesterday morning - yay! - jogged to the event and back again so that was nearly an hour's running. Then yesterday evening a hopeless night-orienteering race = 45 mins running but couldn't find many controls. Today a nice 2 1/2 hours walk thru The Lenches with a pint after :)

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hour long dancing lesson, HIIT on the stationary bike a la my Diabetes book, KB routine and a swim! Plus 15.5k steps.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Started the day with a hour's fasted strength & conditioning class. Not sure I can be ***** to do anything else today, its wet n cold out there :-(

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Started the day with a hour's fasted strength & conditioning class. Not sure I can be ***** to do anything else today, its wet n cold out there :-(
Need someone or thing closer to my level to post here. Anyone own a sloth?:angelic:

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m going to wind you up then Ian...

Boxing training at 10am and circuits at 6pm, currently 15.2k steps.

Life is swings and roundabouts though. I have to go and watch Wigan Athletic at the weekend, so, y’know, you have that.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m going to wind you up then Ian...

Boxing training at 10am and circuits at 6pm, currently 15.2k steps.

Life is swings and roundabouts though. I have to go and watch Wigan Athletic at the weekend, so, y,know, you have that.
Ah, one of Wigan's frozen stew

Reactions: paulmh

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rained off work so I did my chest session at lunchtime, the gym was fairly empty so I hogged the squat rack and bench pressed, a few lighter sets then 4 reps at 80kg, 3 reps at 85kg and 1 and a stutter at 87.5kg and was reasonably pleased, rare gainz and all that jazz :) then some 'funny' pressing on a narrow 2 station cable machine which seemed hard work, flys and pull overs and back home.

Still no pain in my shoulder :)

Reactions: Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another slow day with only 11k steps. Not really kidding anyone here but a few mini back spasms. I reckon stacking the 3 cubic metres of wood last week involved more bending and stretching than I thought. Well, it's an excuse anyway.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Checking back in after a 10 day absence from the thread due to craziness at work. @Japes - 22 miles. Awesome.

@annie07 welcome to the thread. Like you I have an office job and have built up my exercise by building the walking around my working day - catch an earlier train in the morning and get off a stop early, walking the long way round to the office. When possible go for a lunch time walk and walk back to the more distant station in the evening. It’s become addictive and now actively look for opportunities to walk where previously I would have used public transport.

@DJC3 the Lost Gardens of Heligan sounds like a weird computer game.

During forum break step count averaged about 10k a day during that period and kept up with Pilates but nothing else.

Back with a bang at the weekend. 21,000 steps by 11am on Saturday. Walking football and 19k steps yesterday. 13k steps and an hour in the gym tonight: push ups, step ups, crunches, physio prescribed exercises plus leg press, leg extensions, hip adductor and abductor, seated dip, lat pull down, seated row, calf press.

Reactions: kev-w

annie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@annie07 welcome to the thread. Like you I have an office job and have built up my exercise by building the walking around my working day - catch an earlier train in the morning and get off a stop early, walking the long way round to the office. When possible go for a lunch time walk and walk back to the more distant station in the evening. It’s become addictive and now actively look for opportunities to walk where previously I would have used public transport.

I am trying to do the same now, even just walking to a different set of doors in the office is an extra 50 steps! Every little helps :)

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another slow day with only 11k steps. Not really kidding anyone here but a few mini back spasms. I reckon stacking the 3 cubic metres of wood last week involved more bending and stretching than I thought. Well, it's an excuse anyway.

3 cubic metres is A LOT of timber!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A really feeble 4K steps for me today but about 20 minutes weight training. Tho days of eating well and low exercise levels have let me put 4 pounds on.

Same happened to me last week. Ate a lot - all low carb, just a hell of a lot more than usual and less movement - and up 1.4kg. Happily reverting to a couple of days of OMAD and normal 2 meals the next couple of days plus restoring exercise has led to 1.1kg of that coming back off since Friday morning. Just need to get the sleep sorted now.

Reactions: Geoffno6

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well last training session before my comp on Sunday so 140kg deadlift 3x3 and 70kg bench press 3x3 and done, its funny how you forget what the nerves can do to you before a competition. especially when you want to do well, just need to relearn how to channel it so that I can do well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well last training session before my comp on Sunday so 140kg deadlift 3x3 and 70kg bench press 3x3 and done, its funny how you forget what the nerves can do to you before a competition. especially when you want to do well, just need to relearn how to channel it so that I can do well.
Hope you achieve all you want to do on Sunday but whatever happens anyone following this thread knows lack of effort and hard work won't be a factor.

Reactions: paulmh and kev-w