What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
6.8 Thursday morning. In the same boat with you, @dogslife. Or at least paddling right alongside.

images
Hello there, SaskiaKC. We'll just have to keep paddling I guess. On the positive side, 6.8 is still within range so don't be too despondent. I can't seem to get my fbs down below 7+ and as we have had quite a few other reasons for feel down recently I've decided to stop testing for a while in order to give my spirits a chance to fight back. Best wishes. :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Been away for some time - other distractions.
Anyhow 8.5 this am. Thank you Mr/Mrs or some other preferred pronoun Prednisolone. Got it down to 5.5 by 1400.
The problem with these Freestyle Libra monitors is that you can get a big fright one minute and 20 minutes later you are OK.
Good news is the graph indicates activity in the pancreas.

Welcome back Dunelm

Reactions: dunelm

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone 5.2 today. Diabetes has been a big pain in the bum these last few days I will have a meal and then a small spike (1 mmll or less usually ) then I will start dropping and most of the time go low. I don’t understand this as I don’t take insulin with meals I only take 4 units of levemir at 8am and novorapid if I’m 11.0 or 12.0. Sorry about the rant but it really is a pain in the bum anyway I’m calling the diabetic nurse today hopefully I can get some answers. Have a good Friday everyone

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 which is weird as had nothing to eat before bedtime as had high readings yesterday
If this 6.5 is high for you, I find that if I am high at night, I go very low as a consequence and bounce back to high by morning, isn't this fun!

Reactions: dunelm and Freema

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morning :)

6.4 but for some reason missed my waking test, tested once down the stairs which means I was rising by then so I'm counting my 6.4 as a 5.9, so...

5.9 today! lol

Have a great day guys :)

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m fairly new to all this finally on the right level of medication I started testing last week my fasting blood sugar was between 12 & 14 last two days it has dropped to 8.6, I had beans no added sugar mushrooms spinach with 2 small slices of whole meal toast for breakfast tested after 2hrs bs up to 13.2! Lunch was scrambled, eggs bacon, mushrooms and spinach tested 2hrs later bs down to 8.2 I will start testing when I wake as I usually do it when I get to work.
Hi, welcome to this thread, I find posting my morning reading on here keeps me on track and inspires me by trying to match peoples terrific reading (or scores in my mind hehe) it also reminds me that there are others out there fighting along side me.

I recommend a food diary with your finger prick test results next to each meal, this will soon tell you what raises your levels so you can reduce those things whilst increasing the stuff that gives you good results. sorry if you already know this.

Glad to have you on board!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dark and soggy start. 5.1 peeped out at me from the meter which is ok but still in the ever so slightly sub-optimal category. As others have said, welcome back @dunelm. Very nostalgic here, firstborn stayed overnight and is having breakfast just now - 33 years on (what happened there) Have a great day folks.