What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
His loss is your gain!:angelic:

MrB has sacrificed some plums, for the greater good, a quiet life and some apricots. They're currently doing their own thing in the SV. Theoretically, they will be "done" in about 30 minutes, but I might give them a bit longer.

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thank you...yes we do have one, I’ve never managed to get there to coincide with the reduced prices yet but will make it a priority. I love a bargain!

Almost bought some biscuits ‘for my daughter ‘ and picked them up/put them down a few times before i came to my senses! Happy to say she now likes dark chocolate and is content with a couple of squares so we can both share some quiet nibbling in front of the tv..

Dinner tonight was very yummy. Meatballs in tomato sauce on steamed kale with a generous amount of parmesan followed by a few berries, sprinkle of toasted coconut and almond flakes with cream and greek yogurt.

Love this forum, made me realise I’ve not been taking things seriously enough and just knowing it’s common to freak out with food in the beginning has calmed me down...2nd day no carb binges...prob rambling too much in the wrong place!

Have a cosy evening all

I can't for the life of me recall where I got this image, but I saved it.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/35446UNILAD-imageoptim-supermarket.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gee - I'm well behind again. Been trying to do a zillion things at once inbetween my normal routines. Took to today to put a dent in Christmas shopping though. Tree and decorations are now out and ready to be assembled tomorrow. Tree is up and lights are tested. I have to have everything done next week as the week after is hopeless. Anyway, back to food

Wednesday - bed 4.7 FBG 5.6

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Was running about a bit so it was a quick grabbed, late lunch of M&S Honduran prawns, mozzarella Pearl's, anchovies and the whipped cream cheese.
D. Hubby was at the football so I had 8 chicken wings with cheese and chive dip. I did also have raspberry chia pudding with 8 raspberries.

Thursday - Got into Aqua Zumba so went wandering up there in the rain. Did a bit more Christmas shopping after.

Bed 6.4 FBG 5.5

B. Just the Tassimo Americano and a dash of cream.
L. Much later - bit more of the M&S Honduran prawns, anchovies and mozzarella Pearl's.
D. Was seduced by the thought of @DJC3 lamb so did a lamb casserole in the IP with mushrooms, celery, rosemary, red wine vinegar and garlic. Boys enjoyed it too. I had it with roast onion, courgette, tomato and peppers.
Chia pudding again with raspberries.

Bed 5.6 FBG 5.8 - half day at school and still kind of wet but not icy.

B. 2 scrambled eggs with a couple of rashers of crispy streaky bacon. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - had to get boys fed then of to the Christmas craft time at the library to make Robin's, Angels and baubles. No 2 looked like a decoration - covered in glitter. Back to sorting out decorations and got most of the Christmas presents ordered for collection.
D. Not too hungry. Had another M&S thing - chicken breast with some kind of chorizo topping and 5 tiny wings. Finished the chia pudding with 6 raspberries.

Must try to stay on top of this but it's difficult with so much going on.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, the weekend is here!

Christmas tree buying tomorrow, followed by a little tot of the plum gin (see above hic!)

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter. Livlife arrived today so will try that tomorrow.
Lunch - Bresaola, olives, cucumber and tomatoes. Strawberries, cream and a spoonful of chocolate granola. Montezuma's chocolate.
Dinner - Homemade lamb and mushroom casserole with sprouts, carrots and petit pois.
Snacks - Lots of nuts.

Anyone else really hungry at the moment? Is it the weather???

ps. Just back from Doctors with latest results
HBa1C - 43 mmol/mol from 46 mmol/ mol in September
Triglycerides - 1.2mmol from 1.4 mmol
Cholesterol - 5.4 mmol/l. HDL 'good' cholesterol 3.4mmol/l. Which means that the ratio is 1.59mmol/l (a healthy ratio should be under 4.00mmol/l)......I'm boring myself!
Well done on your results @Tori71 you must be really pleased with the downward direction of your results not far now from a normal reading only a couple of points to go. Plus the change has been achieved in three months - if you keep going like you have that you’ll get there by next test.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick catch up yesterday out very late yesterday music concert wonderful but hectic day today prep for tomorrow’s Yorkshire trip.
Breakfast half slice Hilo toast one slice bacon and egg
Lunch a few nuts and cheese followed by half a low carb chocolate bun - just baked
Dinner pork shoulder served with rest pack of bare naked noodles followed by half a low carb lemon bun with coffee
Evening while out about half a bottle of red wine and at about 1am a big handful of nuts I had the munchies so it was damage limitation!

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on your results @Tori71 you must be really pleased with the downward direction of your results not far now from a normal reading only a couple of points to go. Plus the change has been achieved in three months - if you keep going like you have that you’ll get there by next test.
Aw thank you. The forum and everyone have been really helpful and motivating.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Diabetes Forum mobile app

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having let my plum gin go all night in the sous vide, it is now cooling for filtering and bottling later. I didn't add very much sweetener toi mine as I don't have a sweet tooth at all, so I'm sure it won't have gone thicker, but I'll only know once cooled.

Reactions: Lainlainylain

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day all! Hope everyone is well!! Just stuffed my face with 3 HEX sausages, 2 eggs fried in butter, with a fistful of fresh small round vine tomatoes zapped in a copper, followed by 2 cups of freshly ground coffee to wash it all down with!. Enjoyed every bite of it! Best wishes. Theo

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having let my plum gin go all night in the sous vide, it is now cooling for filtering and bottling later. I didn't add very much sweetener toi mine as I don't have a sweet tooth at all, so I'm sure it won't have gone thicker, but I'll only know once cooled.
You won't regret it!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve got some strawberry gin ready to decant and sweeten (erythritol).
And my sloe gin is infusing till Xmas, when it will be sweetened to taste.

Then I’m going to try to keep the sloe gin ‘maturing’ for as long as possible before consumption.
I’ve read that age and quality of gin are both important factors, with reports that it continues to improve for decades.
Though how anyone has the self control to test this theory is incredible.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Livlife toast and butter (thinner slices than Hi-lo but not as seedy)
Lunch - Christmas lunch as a treat for improved blood sugar and cholesterol results yesterday. Turkey topped with bacon, one small roast potato, one quarter of a yorkshire pudding, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, stuffing and gravy. Had the kids portion as the adult one looked massive (the quarter yorkshire pudding came as that, it wasn't self denial on my part!!)
A regular Mocha (40 carbs and my alternative 'pudding'). Thoroughly enjoyed.
Dinner - Bresaola, cherry tomatoes and olives. Strawberries and cream with a spoonful of chocolate granola.
Snacks - Nuts!

Christmas tree is now installed and decorated, let the festive period begin!

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Then I’m going to try to keep the sloe gin ‘maturing’ for as long as possible before consumption.
I’ve read that age and quality of gin are both important factors, with reports that it continues to improve for decades.
That sounds delicious @Brunneria.

I agree about self control, although I've never drunk a lot I'm trying to remember that the plum gin is not carb free:eek:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Livlife toast and butter (thinner slices than Hi-lo but not as seedy)
Lunch - Christmas lunch as a treat for improved blood sugar and cholesterol results yesterday. Turkey topped with bacon, one small roast potato, one quarter of a yorkshire pudding, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, stuffing and gravy. Had the kids portion as the adult one looked massive (the quarter yorkshire pudding came as that, it wasn't self denial on my part!!)
A regular Mocha (40 carbs and my alternative 'pudding'). Thoroughly enjoyed.
Dinner - Bresaola, cherry tomatoes and olives. Strawberries and cream with a spoonful of chocolate granola.
Snacks - Nuts!

Christmas tree is now installed and decorated, let the festive period begin!
Loving the festive look lovely and I know that @ianpspurs will appreciate your festive jumper!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone has had a good day today I’ve been busy getting ready for my trip up north in the morning but am currently sat with my feet up enjoying a glass of my home made lc baileys it’s delish. Think mum will approve. @maglil55 i ended up adding more cream than your recipe - which I really like.
Breakfast sausage, egg and one slice bacon
Lunch celery, nuts and cheese followed by half a low carb chocolate bun (once I’ve perfected recipe- it’s just about there - I’ll share it on the forum)
Mid pm my advent calendar choc
Dinner cauliflower rice fried with some mushrooms served with chicken curry followed by other half of my choc bun warmed slightly so it went squidgy and served with cream
I’ve made a low carb trifle to take up to mums with me as well as other food ready for next few days - makes it easier.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

If I were watching sloe gin for decades, it might improve, but I doubt my mental state would!