Type 1'stars R Us

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening colanders,

Hoping to pick the brains of the collective.

For a while now, particularly when lying in bed trying to sleep at night, I have this overwhelming urge to move my legs - it's uncomfortable, almost painful, to keep them still. I don't really know how to describe it. It's there a bit during the day too, constant fidgeting, but not nearly as bad as at night.

I have a theory, but equally my degrees are in biochemsitry, neuroscience, and hypochondria, not medicine, so was hoping for some wisdom. Is it Restless Legs?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C . Thanks for the award mate. Recipient of my own award??? Not sure that’s legit:).
@slip . Yes I am a big softie;) . Problem is I look like a hitman for the Mafia ( apparently).

So woke today at 11+, bit miffed as I usually aim for below 10. Did breakfast and a more than adequate correction dose.
3 hours later I’m sitting at 9+:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Okay me thinks. I’ll have one, on it’s own, single shot of novo. Just enough to drop me to the 6’s.
40 mins later I’m going down quicker than Franz Klammer with his a*** on fire on a ski slope:banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Managed to rein it back in ( just ). Glucotabs, banana, hula hoops and a pack of 4 choccie biscuits did the trick. Was expecting a huge rebound but amazingly rose up to the 8’s and settled down.

My only conclusion is that the 1 unit if novo must have been pure , 100%, no messing , top grade insulin.:):):).
not laughing at downward slope .its your last sentence

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
No flossing at our carol concert, just a year five fit of giggles. I've been running high all day. Sorry to hear about the lows for everyone.

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thanks @kitedoc for the reassurance and for the new song. Unfortunately, I seem to be on a bread roll:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Had more toast for lunch, hilo bread @5g a slice so only had 7.5g and along with 2 Heck sausages 2gish but feeling a little glutton yet again with a glass of white port. Herman's Hermits, the original lyrics are a blast!!
A little question on the side, do you and everyone on the forum get mood swings with big changes in BG? I've gone from funny to nasty in the space of 5 minutes:arghh: Absolutely no control, worried
HI @SueJB, sometimes hypos set off eating ++. Perhaps as an anxiety reliever. And yes, mood changes with BSL change are classic diabetes - but it gets me nowhere as an excuse, "My BSLs did it" is not an effective defensive argument in the court of marital justice !!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just a quick veggie question. Do you guys normally bolus for veg like cauliflower and turnip, just a normal size helping. I know there are carbs in them but believe they digest so slowly so may not need to be counted. TIA

I bolus for most root veg, but the carb contents vary so check first.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooooooh, Lantus spells, Glargine hell
Lantus nights can stray...
What a treat when the blood depletes & a low is in your tray.

Oh what joy I had, as I over Treated thrice.
Wishing I'd got up for work with a modest BG rise .

Hoy! :D
Briĺliant

Reactions: Cumberland

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@Scott-C . Thanks for the award mate. Recipient of my own award??? Not sure that’s legit:).
@slip . Yes I am a big softie;) . Problem is I look like a hitman for the Mafia ( apparently).

So woke today at 11+, bit miffed as I usually aim for below 10. Did breakfast and a more than adequate correction dose.
3 hours later I’m sitting at 9+:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Okay me thinks. I’ll have one, on it’s own, single shot of novo. Just enough to drop me to the 6’s.
40 mins later I’m going down quicker than Franz Klammer with his a*** on fire on a ski slope:banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Managed to rein it back in ( just ). Glucotabs, banana, hula hoops and a pack of 4 choccie biscuits did the trick. Was expecting a huge rebound but amazingly rose up to the 8’s and settled down.

My only conclusion is that the 1 unit if novo must have been pure , 100%, no messing , top grade insulin.:):):).
@therower my insulin must have come from the same batch as yours. Zooming down like manic

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB . Skodas !!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve been driving them for the last 20 yrs give or take.
Favorit, Octavia, Fabia, Roomster x 2 and currently a Yeti.
I’ve had bits fall off and go bouncing down the road, windows fall out , electrics reminiscent of Ever Ready batteries, warning lights that had nothing to do actual problem etc etc:)
One thing has always been constant though.........they have all got me to where I wanted, needed to be.;)
I love my 21 year old Skoda, the fuel light doesn't work, the radio only works in the summer when it's dry, the sun roof leaks, the straps on the boot shelf are broken and the central door locking doesn't function and the body work is starting to go rusty. But the guy at my garage has said to keep it so I will until it starts becoming too expensive to repair.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love my 21 year old Skoda, the fuel light doesn't work, the radio only works in the summer when it's dry, the sun roof leaks, the straps on the boot shelf are broken and the central door locking doesn't function and the body work is starting to go rusty. But the guy at my garage has said to keep it so I will until it starts becoming too expensive to repair.

Humm, now you got me thinking.. The fuel lights normally only come on when the tank has depleted to the point of giving a few clicks to find a pump? Is your fuel gauge functioning normally? Could just be a bad earth grounding on the fuel gauge sender? Can be a simple fix re routing the ground to chassis as opposed to the usual ground to tank then on to chassis, which can with a vehicles age happen?

Radio in summer, dirty contact with the fuse line or maybe in the actual radio controls? I've seen switches get like this when Autumn sets in, they can get munged up a little like the old style roller ball mice on computers...

The CL, could be a control unit? Or if it's operated by the driver's door lock? (not remote.) with age & constant use, a break in a wire located in the driver's door loom twix the door & behind the front wing..?

Can't help you with the sunroof leak. But my guess could be blocked drainage running from the SR guttering through a narrow gauge pipe down to the bottom of the vehicle near the cills?

Reactions: kev-w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Humm, now you got me thinking.. The fuel lights normally only come on when the tank has depleted to the point of giving a few clicks to find a pump? Is your fuel gauge functioning normally? Could just be a bad earth grounding on the fuel gauge sender? Can be a simple fix re routing the ground to chassis as opposed to the usual ground to tank then on to chassis, which can with a vehicles age happen?

Radio in summer, dirty contact with the fuse line or maybe in the actual radio controls? I've seen switches get like this when Autumn sets in, they can get munged up a little like the old style roller ball mice on computers...

The CL, could be a control unit? Or if it's operated by the driver's door lock? (not remote.) with age & constant use, a break in a wire located in the driver's door loom twix the door & behind the front wing..?

Can't help you with the sunroof leak. But my guess could be blocked drainage running from the SR guttering through a narrow gauge pipe down to the bottom of the vehicle near the cills?
Thanks @Jaylee part of the delight in driving the Skoda is the weirdness and malfunctioning. The fuel gauge hasn't worked for years but it's never stopped me taking it to France and Poland. The radio is the damp. The mechanic did something to disable the central locking, can't remember why................. too long ago:hilarious:
I'm impressed by your knowledge

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, a waking 4.8 for me, yesterdays waking low took forever to come up but I was ok when it did.

The weekends car fault has made the week a pain, mums house sale completes tomorrow so keys have to be in today and I've another tip trip to do, oh and a washer to shift, a washing machine the fitter's broken the on/off tap on so I'm hoping I can do it with pliers shortly.

Cold out again :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, 6.1 this morning after a curry last night, did have to correct a 12.something before going to bed, was 8.something when I thought I should do my second dose but thought maybe I didn't have as much rice as I thought.....I'll correct later if needed, and sure enough!

Loving the christmas jingles!