What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Glad to see your blood sugars are settling a bit. Have fun planting trees.
@DJC3 -- Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get your chimney fixed soon.
@Chronicle_Cat -- Super job on your weight loss. You are an inspiration.
@karen8967 -- Hugs for your hypo. Sounds scary. Hope you feel better now.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. 4.2 on this very wet day! Typical it would be wet & miserable when we have tickets for an outdoor event tonight. So warm layers, wellies & umbrellas all round as we walk around a Magic Lantern Festival. Have a good day all!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Glad to see your blood sugars are settling a bit. Have fun planting trees.

Im fine now thanks ive been full of cold so highered my basal .but cold has subsided now so will lower it tonight

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Woke at 6.15 tested was 5.5 went back to bed woke again at 9am tested was 5.9. Now enjoying large mug of tea with a smile on my face.
@DJC3 I am still waiting on my roofer also not returning my calls and we are emptying a washing up bowl in the loft also. We are powerless I think to be able to move forward this side of Christmas.@ianpspurs hope you are having a lovely time with the little lad and his littler sister.
@Chronicle_Cat congrats to you on your super results.
Hope all who are unwell get better. Stay warm and cosy.
Have a good Saturday everyone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't going to test this morning. I took my eye off the ball last night and focused it on the bowl of celebrations that are traditionally scattered around at Christmas time for friends and family who call. Always done it, can't stop now. I've not succumbed to ordinary chocolate since diagnosis, just over 1 year ago. Not sure why I did last night but I had 6 of the sugar bombs!!! I was only going to have 1. That was never going to happen! So moreish, i remembered that just as I was eating the 1st one! That coupled with hunters chicken (which said on the pack 6.6 per piece and i had 2 pieces as my weight was back at my lowest so want to nudge it up a couple of lbs, maintaining for me is proving quite challenging, especially when you have a heavy cold and appetite not what it usually is). My one glass of red wine wasn't enough to win the battle of BS! So today I report my FBS of 7.1. It's times like this it hits me that I haven't reversed my diabetes. I'm just controlling it (99% of the time!). I hate to go into detail especially so early in the morning but my 'sugar overload' symptoms that involve rapid race to the loo returned (one of the symptoms i went to the dr with prior to dx). My body just can no longer deal with high carb intake. I don't want hugs. It was self inflicted and don't deserve them. But I'm taking a hard lesson from this and moving onwards and upwards. @Goonergal I'm so happy to see yours are playing ball! Off to do some painting now .....after a cheese omelette!

Hope you all have good days. It's very cold on the north west coast. But nice and toasty inside I'm happy to say. @DJC3 I hope you get sorted soon.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 today

grey looking but not too cold considering the weather forecast is not good for later today. May go out and do some shopping, but then again may stay home and work with what we have available ;)
Main job for today is clearing out a window alcove and installing a bookcase we bought on Thursday (plus finishing the writing of the local christmas cards so they can be delivered on Monday).

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How frustrating DJC...missed appointments (particularly urgent ones) without notice or explanation make me so cross.:mad:

It seems to be a very Cornish thing - everyone is so relaxed and laid back, except me!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Thanks Ziggy, I’ve got everything crossed

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Woke at 6.15 tested was 5.5 went back to bed woke again at 9am tested was 5.9. Now enjoying large mug of tea with a smile on my face.
@DJC3 I am still waiting on my roofer also not returning my calls and we are emptying a washing up bowl in the loft also. We are powerless I think to be able to move forward this side of Christmas..

Oh you have my sympathy, it’s so frustrating isn’t it? - worse for you I think as at least I don’t have to climb into the loft to empty the washing up bowl.
Great fbg by the way!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't going to test this morning. I took my eye off the ball last night and focused it on the bowl of celebrations that are traditionally scattered around at Christmas time for friends and family who call. Always done it, can't stop now. I've not succumbed to ordinary chocolate since diagnosis, just over 1 year ago. Not sure why I did last night but I had 6 of the sugar bombs!!! I was only going to have 1. That was never going to happen! So moreish, i remembered that just as I was eating the 1st one! That coupled with hunters chicken (which said on the pack 6.6 per piece and i had 2 pieces as my weight was back at my lowest so want to nudge it up a couple of lbs, maintaining for me is proving quite challenging, especially when you have a heavy cold and appetite not what it usually is). My one glass of red wine wasn't enough to win the battle of BS! So today I report my FBS of 7.1. It's times like this it hits me that I haven't reversed my diabetes. I'm just controlling it (99% of the time!). I hate to go into detail especially so early in the morning but my 'sugar overload' symptoms that involve rapid race to the loo returned (one of the symptoms i went to the dr with prior to dx). My body just can no longer deal with high carb intake. I don't want hugs. It was self inflicted and don't deserve them. But I'm taking a hard lesson from this and moving onwards and upwards. @Goonergal I'm so happy to see yours are playing ball! Off to do some painting now .....after a cheese omelette!

Hope you all have good days. It's very cold on the north west coast. But nice and toasty inside I'm happy to say. @DJC3 I hope you get sorted soon.

Could have been worse I reckon - if it was Maltesers you’d have eaten the lot if you’re anything like me!
I think these lapses are good in a way as they remind us of how much better off we are without the rubbish. Glad your cold is getting better.

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone! Hope all is well! It's bitterly cold in Leicesrshire this morning! I've also heard rumors of snow coming our way! Any way, I did a test this morning, I got up after a long night's sleep, Nil by mouth, got my badminton rackets and of I went for an hours game. The game was quite intensive, sweated plenty, and consumed couple of pints of water in the process. I just returned home, had nothing to eat or drink (other than water) tested my BG levels, mmol/L = 5.8. It appears that this type of exercise dose not have much affect on the fasting BG levels (I had the same reading without doing any training, yesterday morning). Tomorrow morning I'll to the same test, however this time I'll spend the time on the bench press working out with weights, and see the difference - if any. best wishes to all!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It seems to be a very Cornish thing - everyone is so relaxed and laid back, except me!
Having lived and worked in Cornwall I can only agree. A local guy I was working with once said to me I've never been to the big city I said what London the reply was oh no Plymouth he was about sixty and never been further than Truro.