Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive the intrusion, but i have been lurking here, as i don't have any specific training program, very much AD HOC as to what i do and when i do it, so just looking out for tips and advise really, before me and my daughter join gym next month.

yep i'm gonna be a NEW years Gym bunny..Gonna be mad busy, but we might get a good deal AND get to enjoy xmas..LoL

However reason i posted, is i noticed similar posts from those who just use mobiles..and we all know the limitations.

I couldn't justify the expenditure on a fancy toy i MAY not, use so i bought a Mi-Fit bracelet, £26 off amazon.

I did a write up in another thread, so i'll just leave this here, in case it is of use to anyone..
(xmas coming up, a nice easy gift to ask for without breaking anyone's bank)
For the price, i think it rather excels for the first timer to a fitness trackers.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/fitness-tracker.133623/page-2#post-1941359

Do hope to join you properly if i may, when i actually have something more regular to add..

Cheers

Hi @jjraak feel free to jump in whenever you want. I do the same, sometimes ( like now) when I haven’t actually done any exercise but I want to keep reminding myself that I must.
Can I ask a question about the Mi Fit bracelet? It seems perfect for me but does it just work with Android phones? I have an iphone, can I sync it to that? I couldn’t figure it out from the Amazon description.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got a car for a few days and been making the most of it... it's so not good for my step counts! But, it's being good for my soul getting to see people who it's not easy to get to by public transport or walking, and good for getting the pre-Christmas sort outs done.

So, I'm here to report I've done less than 10,000 steps all weekend... and it's been rather nice.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @DJC3.

Thanks for that.

and thank you also @Japes :)

Should be doing more i know, but i can only say i jog /run and do some simple exercises.
However when i hit the gym, then perhaps i'll have more to offer up.

as for Mifit...it's Not clear from description, but i did dig into the QUESTIONS in reviews and those with iphones stated it works..HERE

Then i also looked on the app store, and the app IS there...
But i could only see the front 3 reviews on iphones...and they were disappointing..HERE.

However this LInk HERE, does show it CAN be used successfully.
and here users report good usage..HERE

Hope some of that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoffno6 and Japes

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3.

Thanks for that.

and thank you also @Japes :)

Should be doing more i know, but i can only say i jog /run and do some simple exercises.
However when i hit the gym, then perhaps i'll have more to offer up.

as for Mifit...it's Not clear from description, but i did dig into the QUESTIONS in reviews and those with iphones stated it works..HERE

Then i also looked on the app store, and the app IS there...
But i could only see the front 3 reviews on iphones...and they were disappointing..HERE.

However this LInk HERE, does show it CAN be used successfully.
and here users report good usage..HERE

Hope some of that helps.

That is really helpful, thank you very much.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and jjraak

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday chest, dumb bell press to 36 x 4, bar bell to 85kg x 1 (that did please me :) ) flys to 22kg x 8 and pull overs to 40kg x 5, I had planned to swim (again) but the Libre line was sloping downwards so I wimped out and came home.

Need to up my swimming as I'm down to twice a week at the moment...

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a difference today, 11k steps and only one boot camp session but it was made up mainly of a 500 burpee challenge.

Reactions: Geoffno6

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Less than 10k steps again but they were good steps - lugging around 10lb shopping in each hand back up the steep hill home ( around a mile each way) I tried lifting the bags up and down as I walked too, must have looked a right berk.
15 min exercise bike this morning and will do 15-20 mins light weights before bed ( using soup cans or wine bottles - whichever is closest to hand)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Eye appointment yesterday, didn't go as planned so not a happy bunny. Deadlifts last night and what a nasty one. 165kg 5x6 and they were glued to the floor. Technique off which makes it even more difficult, and to top it all off I thought it was vitally important to "pop" a muscle in my hip!! So just because I'm a bit daft, I finished off with a descending set from 160kg down to 60kg (sod the bad hip!!)

Take care everyone.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday back, usual warm up then 4 sets of deadlifts, starting at 60kg x 12 and ending with 100kg x 5, wide grip pull downs to 85kg tho I used wrist straps to tie on the bar for the heaviest set, knelt one arm rows to 38kg x 6, machine bent over rows to 50kg x 6, close grip pull downs to 80kg and sacked another swim...

I've bought myself a Sony mp3 that's said to work in the pool 2nd hand from fleabay so I'm looking forward to it arriving :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eye appointment yesterday, didn't go as planned so not a happy bunny. Deadlifts last night and what a nasty one. 165kg 5x6 and they were glued to the floor. Technique off which makes it even more difficult, and to top it all off I thought it was vitally important to "pop" a muscle in my hip!! So just because I'm a bit daft, I finished off with a descending set from 160kg down to 60kg (sod the bad hip!!)

Take care everyone.

Ouch!

Reactions: Geoffno6

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Less than 10k steps again today. Driving rain makes it hard to motivate myself to go out for a walk.
Did 15 min exercise bike first thing and 20 mins again this evening.
This morning was the old dear’s exercise class in the village hall. I think I use more energy laughing than exercising but who cares. Today was the last before Christmas so everyone was dressed up in tinsel and flashing lights. One lady came in full on Santa costume, including beard. Good thing its not too energetic!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite sloth like Tuesday. Any resistance exercise centred around lifting the 20k chicken feed bag a few times, loading a few logs into the barrow then into the house plus the old blow offs swimming. 6.8k steps was all I moved this Billy Bunter frame around.

Geoffno6

Quite sloth like Tuesday. Any resistance exercise centred around lifting the 20k chicken feed bag a few times, loading a few logs into the barrow then into the house plus the old blow offs swimming. 6.8k steps was all I moved this Billy Bunter frame around.

Billy Bunter frame ..... there’s an imposter posing for your avatar Ian Your 6.8k for yesterday puts my 2.9k to shame! Do I get points for 6 hours driving?

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did waddle about a little today. Put the garden to bed for the year - cut asparagus and raspberries down for next season. Hobbled and slid with the dogs for 13k steps.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Car now returned and back to my regularly scheduled walking! My blood sugars will thank me - they've not been great for the last five days. I think I need to do some inactive days without worrying about staying above 5 to drive to sort out what an inactive day set of ratios should be.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not done anything of note, but i came across a health and fitness page on one of the other forums i am on,
and while a few use MFP, this was praised and the reviews do seem good.
Once i hit the gym..(eta jan) i think ill be using this to help keep a note of how far i've got.

Fit Note

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench Press last night 110kg 5x4, form work as am not hitting my set up so felt a bit off. Then descending set down to 60kg. finished off with close grip pull downs 70kg 3x10, then biceps 25kg 3x18 then home.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One circuits session yesterday, took my nineteen year old who is home from university and he threw up. Probably due to having breakfast beforehand, and setting off at a mad pace to beat his old man. All the same though - result!

Reactions: DJC3