Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Doctors in Switzerland (where I now live) and U.K. seem to have vastly different views on Diabetes. I had my quarterly check this morning - Hb1Ac was 6.8 which, I’m told, was fine and BP is also ‘normal’. However, under no circumstances should my readings go under 5, nor should I even consider fasting for a couple of days. However I’m borderline anaemic. Just can’t win! Still heavy mist here.

Last edited:

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doctors in Switzerland (where I now live) and U.K. seem to have vastly different views on Diabetes. I had my quarterly check this morning - Hb1Ac was 6.8 which, I’m told, was fine and BP is also ‘normal’. However, under no circumstances should my morning readings go under 5, nor should I even consider fasting for a
good morning 5.6 @ 0558 ( last night 2300 was 5.9) just getting rid of that long lasting cold ...been higher just lately and havent been on rowing machine
also i think when i have asda full fat greek yoghurt bs reading seems to take longer to come down

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 0645hrs - and I gladly admit that I am completely confused regarding which of my results I should be pleased with and which not. Yesterday’s check-up discussions have left me wondering.
Good luck with that. I sympathise with your predicament as I am in a similar situation but based on UK recommendations which from what you posted are quite different. Where is the third way when you need it? The real kicker is that fretting about it will likely make the situation worse. In my case I will settle for the good bit (lipids) holding steady and aim to tweak the less good bit (A1c of 38) in a manner unlikely to damage the lipids. Let us know how you play this as I am interested. Best of luck.

Last edited: