What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't posted on this thread for three days, and boy are there lots of posts to catch up on.

@Cumberland -- Banger is such a cutie.
@ianpspurs -- Your lab test results look really good. Can really empathize with your frustration when the HbA1c is higher than your daily blood sugar readings. Same happened to me in September and took me weeks to let it go.

Blood sugars for the last three days were 5.4, 5.5 and 5.3 -- a little bit higher than usual for me, but probably due to having been too lazy to exercise.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning on the UK Winter Solstice. 5.2 @ 4.40 - bg control is obviously not my strong point but nothing alarming. Just bumbling along really. Looks like yesterday's McDonalds hot chocolate and some of Julie's toffee latte have been absorbed relatively safely - I did consider the Millionaires Latte briefly. DN meeting this afternoon which will be utterly useless - she will say well done and I will struggle not to say " thank you but we both know it could be so much better. Let's focus on how we do that " Hopefully the rain will stop so we can go to carols around the Christmas tree on the Village Green outside the Church in the next village - big family connections there and it is part of the same Benefice so I am well accepted (very tribal still round here but family roots are seen as important) Have a spiffing day.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 yesterday. Late posting as manic day but I'm posting as it's my best fbs reading for what seems an age. Not only in the 5s but almost the 4s!!! Not sure today's will be so good. Family meal out last night. My auntie is over from Dublin with my cousin. There was alcohol involved! I did make excellent food choices though. Pate, steak with halloumi fries and a dessert of brandy coffee. Very nice it was too.;)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning. In all my excitement for Xmas I’ve almost ignored the fact we go on holiday Boxing Day (well if Gatwick can get this drone problem sorted otherwise I’ll be going nowhere!) So today will involving washing washing and more washing to start getting suitcases ready

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kicked out of the groovy gang in cell block 5. Hanging around outside with rest of seal team 6. And a 'meh' 6.3.... :grumpy:

Took today off for Hospital appointment, to get wired for 24hr heart check .
Up stupidly early. (thank you, bladder :shifty: )
So back to bed for a few more hours .

Safe day every one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning. In all my excitement for Xmas I’ve almost ignored the fact we go on holiday Boxing Day (well if Gatwick can get this drone problem sorted otherwise I’ll be going nowhere!) So today will involving washing washing and more washing to start getting suitcases ready
You need to be getting some washing done young lady not wasting time posting on here. In my day .....:angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs -- Your lab test results look really good. Can really empathize with your frustration when the HbA1c is higher than your daily blood sugar readings. Same happened to me in September and took me weeks to let it go. .
Thanks @ziggy_w I really hate being in the slow learners class for BG. Some wiseacre will be along and trot out "but its non diabetic" as though that would ever, ever appease someone like me:arghh: (I have absolutely no intention of doing anything likely to adversely impact lipids) Are you a James Bay or Birdie and Rhodes kinda gal for letting go?:)

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.0 this morning finished my antibiotics yesterday and fingers crossed my bad chest will go away now but still feel very chesty so unsure what the heck is wrong arghh
When ever I get acold it always turns to bronchitis and though when I used to be able to take antibiotics it always responded the chesty feeling could still hang on for a while.

Reactions: Cumberland