Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im going for an indian tonight any low carb suggestions please?
I recently went to an Indian restaurant, my first time since diagnosis, works Xmas do so I had no choice! I chose a chicken, coconut and cream curry with red cabbage coleslaw. No naans, poppadoms etc... I don’t drink so just had Diet Pepsi. I got a 5.2 pre lunch and 5.7 two hours later. I think I was lucky with my choices, it really is winging it as you just don’t know when they’ll fling sugar into the recipe!

Last edited:

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good chapati for a good chap. Seems like a long time ago when I started LC and couldn't avoid an Indian meal (youngest Son's pre-wedding gathering) chapati was flagged as an ok choice.

Out of curiosity I weighed the chapati last night - it was 96g. Checking today I see we can expect half of the weight to be carbs, so 50g-ish. Which is as much as I would ever have in a meal these days.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
no reading this morning , its just taken me 30 minutes and i used 8 strips and each one telling me a error code , now i have a sore finger from the lancets so it can go whistle now .

I feel great and i.m not fretting and not going live by my meter .

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 this morning. Oops, I know I was bad last night but I didn't expect that. Still it was a wonderful meal with a very good red wine, followed by cheese and port...
I will probably have a few more spikes over Christmas and then get back on track in the New Year

Maxwell

I’m sure that’ll be the same for many of us, I miss a decent port with cheese.