Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done, Diakat. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it into a sort of win:win situation for MissDiakat. Maybe suggest Sanat wanted her to have something to look forward to when she gets back from her holidays, as she seems to have a lot of presenta already or something.

I'd be looking for some sort of "How lucky are you ?!!" sort of tale. Not everyone gets pressies in two places fom Santa.

She must have been a very good girl indeed.

That's an excellent plan, but I think @Diakat should just smile mysteriously and say no one knows how Santa makes his decisions. Less likely to get caught out by too many questions that way.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
49 years ago today I was ambulanced to Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton, just to add to the West Country theme, with severe DKA after a honeymoon of no diagnosis - a nine month gestation period - and blessed insulin use was born. Life saving. Thank you Musgrove Park Consultant and nurses.
My mother, sister and myself, when home from Uni, were living in North Curry.
I love the West Country. My sister still lives in Somerset.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1544813229502.jpg

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
49 years ago today I was ambulanced to Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton, just to add to the West Country theme, with severe DKA after a honeymoon of no diagnosis - a nine month gestation period - and blessed insulin use was born. Life saving. Thank you Musgrove Park Consultant and nurses.

Christmas Eve? that turns it into a date very hard to forget. Nine months without a diagnosis is a long time, about the same time as me. Thankfully you got there in time.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Blimey, happy anniversary! Were you a child? One of my aunts works in the children’s intensive care unit for a long time, she’s in her 70s now.

@SueJB - marzipan balls drying on the side! I drank the whiskey and used amaretto instead ;)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Blimey, happy anniversary! Were you a child? One of my aunts works in the children’s intensive care unit for a long time, she’s in her 70s now.

@SueJB - marzipan balls drying on the side! I drank the whiskey and used amaretto instead ;)

I was 20, Mel, and luckily was looking after myself after that. If I were a child I’d have been at the mercy of my mother’s semi-neglect.

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Christmas Eve? that turns it into a date very hard to forget. Nine months without a diagnosis is a long time, about the same time as me. Thankfully you got there in time.

Beginning to feel better was the best Christmas present ever! I expect you were super thankful there was an end to feeling rougher than a rough thing.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Beginning to feel better was the best Christmas present ever! I expect you were super thankful there was an end to feeling rougher than a rough thing.

Yes. I sometimes think spending so long feeling ill made taking insulin much easier, whereas some people I have seen who are diagnosed quite early, seem to be more resentful at having to take it, but for me it was such a relief.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm turning off the internet for today, everyone one have a good Christmas, and no doubt at least some of us will reconvene on this thread at some point tomorrow to report on how it has affected our blood sugars.

Hope Father Christmas turns up just fine, and have a good time.

K

Knikki

Evening all :pompous:

Well I'm drunk. :pompous::pompous:

Bloods running in the low to mid 9 so keep an eye on that before I rage bolus.

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people :):angelic:

Reactions: slip and porl69

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We holidayed in Wedmore this year. If only I’d have known. I could have popped over to show you my summer shorts. ( yellow with cerise piping ):cool: :):):)
I’m just up the road from Wedmore and heard about some strange being in odd clothing

Reactions: Diakat

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes. I sometimes think spending so long feeling ill made taking insulin much easier, whereas some people I have seen who are diagnosed quite early, seem to be more resentful at having to take it, but for me it was such a relief.

Yes, I agree with that.

If I'd just been feeling a bit off, being told I'd need injections for the rest of my life would have been difficult.

Being told I'll need injections for the rest of my life after going through the total sh#t- storm of being unconscious for a few days and almost dying from DKA was a bit of a relief.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . Enjoy the evening, enjoy Christmas.
Wife at work tonight, got to pick her up at 8 in the morning.
Just cracked open the port. Is port good or bad for us T1’s?:wacky:
Will limit myself tonight and use this as a trial run for tomorrow :).

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Yes, I agree with that.

If I'd just been feeling a bit off, being told I'd need injections for the rest of my life would have been difficult.

Being told I'll need injections for the rest of my life after going through the total sh#t- storm of being unconscious for a few days and almost dying from DKA was a bit of a relief.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Evening all :pompous:

Well I'm drunk. :pompous::pompous:

Bloods running in the low to mid 9 so keep an eye on that before I rage bolus.

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people :):angelic:
Take care @Knikki, watch the BSLs and keep cake at hand. in the hand, ready for ingestion. Enjoy Xmas, with or without chocolate soap !!