What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG...5.......POINT.......2

You know the drill.......Music perleeze....
dance.gif

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Aahhh... @dogslife ...i got so wrapped up in posting, I forget it was one of your posts that got me thinking that way.....sincere apolgies, and hope things start moving in the right direction real soon.

And what a great example of the ethos on here, no one gets left behind and many rally to support us, at time of need.
Good morning jjraak. Nothing at all to apologise for and I'm in total agreement with your feelings about this forum.:singing: Until I discovered it I was blindly following what I believed was a healthy regime and had never heard of lchf diet. I benefited greatly from following advice from kind and knowledgeable forum members, even reducing medication as I was experiencing frequent hypos due to a combination of increased exercise and low carbing. Unfortunately, things have gone pear shaped recently due to a string of circumstances and additional medications for other conditions and if my next HbA1c rises the doc says I may have to up my medication which I really don't want. :arghh: Once I've got my "get up and go" back I shall resume the fight. Best wishes. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs

A sensible conclusion to evaluate all data, rather then just accepting it all at face value.

Decent merit in seeing what if any viewpoint authors hold, that's' always going to colour any discussion.

No sure if it was Obama ( LINK see 1:47) who expressed it best recently, but the premise was to listen to all debates, no matter how much you might disagree, because somewhere in amongst all the 'if's' and 'buts' there may JUST be a part that makes you go..
"You know what..they do have a point".

No WOE of eating is particularly harmful if it benefits the person eating that way and does no damage.

( the damage done to us, was due to THAT not being true. )

We are all now wiser regarding carbs and their impact on us, as individuals.

So IS taking on board another opposing viewpoint, and THEN deciding, after having listened to the debate..
a rational decision, for most of us ?

isn't THAT exactly what we have all done, to get HERE anyway...?

let the debates rage, i want that freedom to think.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm and @ianpspurs
posting the recipe file here think it is the most recent one but I am planning to revise it and add a few more ideas and recipies when I get the chance and will post on own thread when do this so we will be able to just copy the thread link and point people to it that way!
Enjoy

Attachments

• What have you eaten today Low Carb Eating MG August 2018 Final v2(3).pdf
    409.2 KB · Views: 165

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm and @ianpspurs
posting the recipe file here think it is the most recent one but I am planning to revise it and add a few more ideas and recipies when I get the chance and will post on own thread when do this so we will be able to just copy the thread link and point people to it that way!
Enjoy
Thanks @shelley262 and hope this is helpful @dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak thamks for the salute earlier but I am far from “inspirational”. This is all out war against Diabetes for sure and we wont win every skirmish or battle. But we will regroup and soldier on as best we can. Btw see on other thread your HBA1c is next week so good luck with that I am confident it will be excellent progress.
This is by far my favourite thread too..I used to post on other threads but wasnt clever enough and often got shot down. Here we go again lol. On here I feel welcome and among friends and I love the humour yourself and @ianpspurs provide which softens the dent of a bad reading more than you will ever know. Must stop gushing now!

Oh, but you are.

I hear you on different posts doing exactly what i said, that thoughtful quiet word, the 'I did that, too ' posts
all of which make others FEEL they aren't alone in this..
(Along with many others i might add, too long a list to mention all..
(check posters names on each posts from the last 12 weeks..those are the ones i should be listing..each one of them :))

It's my Fav thread too.:happy:

And i know the shot down feeling, i've seen that a few times on other forums.

As for gushing..why not.
106.gif

I had (for reasons i'll keep to myself) difficulty expressing or accepting emotional contact.
That was until 2000..then my world view just shattered in so many weeks and months and the impermanence of life, really made me grow up.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it am more empathetic these days, rarely let a day go by without telling those i love that i LOVE em,.more willing to see reason WHY others are the WAY they are, rather then just WHO they are
and i no longer hold myself back, before i reach out and hug those that need it..in person, voice or webwise.

And ya all do that, in your own ways to those in need, on here, everyday
<Salute, was well earned >

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm and @ianpspurs
Enjoy

Wow..just off out, so not looked too deep..but wow.

many thanks for that @shelley262

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
IMHO we all need to be vary wary of racing to the fake news/the elite silo the moment something needs some analysing. Pretty sure there is common ground between LC and more fibre. Really can't see how the LCHF movement can be the only pure part of the C21st WOE tribes. Too many family traits with populism to be squeaky clean - again IMHO:)
Just read 'National Populism' by Matthew Goodwin....my word! (slightly off topic I know).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
6.6 this morning which is no surprise after celebratory meal last night, ate too much and far too late but the cause for celebration..... scan was clear!
I have a reprieve and 6 months to enjoy life before next time when the rollercoaster starts again. Feeling light as air today though, everything and everyone is wonderfull ( especially you folks on here)

@PenguinMum sorry to hear you’re having to camp on the sofa with stomach pains, hope you feel better today. Same goes for you @Charis1213
@rhubarb73 I love your terrible poems.

Yay! I'm so glad to read your great news! :)

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm and @ianpspurs
Enjoy
Thank you so much. Will have a great time going through the recipes.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday, everyone. 6.1 for me this sunny freezing (-2 degrees) morning.

@dunelm is that quote in your signature from Last of the Mohicans?
Hi @SaskiaKC , yes it is. One I came across recently in a book that I am reading that also resonates is; “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.”

Reactions: ianpspurs

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As for being brave - I’m not, I’m a complete wuss but my family are fab and the Royal Marsden is a magical place so I feel blessed to have been referred there, everything about it fills you with optimism and hope.
So sorry to hear about Prof Gore I think the Royal Marsden will miss him greatly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46836877

Reactions: DJC3

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

A bit late posting. 4.5 today.

As I'm getting my hba1c results on Tuesday, I took a new photo yesterday that's in my avatar now (instead of the maple leaf). It's to pair with my "before" photo (before diagnosis & low carb) and upcoming hba1c results for another forum. I have avoided having my photo taken but I rather like this one (my first selfie!). I still would like to lose more weight but daily living is much easier now. I feel better and younger than I have in years (63 at the start of March.)

Here's my before and after - the before photo was taken at an event 2 days before my diabetes diagnosis (which was a complete shock for me, no symptoms or family history) near the end of this past June. The newer photo was yesterday.

Attachments

• before after pics.jpg
    before after pics.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

A bit late posting. 4.5 today.

As I'm getting my hba1c results on Tuesday, I took a new photo yesterday that's in my avatar now (instead of the maple leaf). It's to pair with my "before" photo (before diagnosis & low carb) and upcoming hba1c results for another forum. I have avoided having my photo taken in recent years but I rather like this one (my first selfie!). I still would like to lose more weight but daily living is much easier. I feel better and younger than I have in years (63 at the start of March.)

Here's my before and after - the before photo was taken at an event 2 days before my diabetes diagnosis (which was a complete shock for me) near the end of this past June. The newer photo was yesterday/.
You should be very proud of how your hard work has paid off. I take it you receive oodles of compliments on the amazing transformation?