What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.4 this morning, thrilled to bits with that. It's the sofa gym, I know it! Putting the books into the shelves very kindly assembled for me by Mr P. Hope that everyone is having a good weekend, weather is brightening up a bit, so I think I will head out for a little walk in a while.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 for me this morning.

@Goacher55 your homemade veg curry sounds lovely, they are the best. Rice or rice flour is a thing of the past for me, as even tiny amounts spike me terribly. I either leave it out or have konjac rice or cauliflower rice when everyone else has basmati (south Indian son-in-law) . Have you tested dals? I find I can't have them either (some people can , but unfortunately I'm not one of them). All the beans spike me with the exception of black soybeans (must try mung beans, I hear they are lower in carbs.) Strangely although chana/chickpeas spike me, besan/chickpea flour in small amounts doesn't cause spikes for me.

My weight loss was better this week - 3 lbs or 1.3 kg
That gives me a total loss so far of 79.39 lbs (35.7 lb or 5 stone 9), I've now lost over 29% of my starting weight.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.5 for me this morning.

@Goacher55 your homemade veg curry sounds lovely, they are the best. Rice or rice flour is a thing of the past for me, as even tiny amounts spike me terribly. I either leave it out or have a konjac or cauliflower rice when everyone else has basmati (south Indian son-in-law) . Have you tested dals? I find I can't have them either (some people can , but unfortunately I'm not one of them). All the beans spike me with the exception of black soybeans (must try mung beans, I hear they are lower in carbs.) Strangely although chana/chickpeas spike me, besan/chickpea flour in small amounts doesn't cause spikes for me.

That gives me a total loss so far of 79.39 lbs (35.7 lb or 5 stone 9), I've now lost over 29% of my starting weight.
Brilliant well done chronicle cat

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
4.5 for me this morning.

@Goacher55 your homemade veg curry sounds lovely, they are the best. Rice or rice flour is a thing of the past for me, as even tiny amounts spike me terribly. I either leave it out or have a konjac or cauliflower rice when everyone else has basmati (south Indian son-in-law) . Have you tested dals? I find I can't have them either (some people can , but unfortunately I'm not one of them). All the beans spike me with the exception of black soybeans (must try mung beans, I hear they are lower in carbs.) Strangely although chana/chickpeas spike me, besan/chickpea flour in small amounts doesn't cause spikes for me.

Fantastic- well done.
Question: if you fill a suitcase with things so it weighs what you have lost, can you lift the case off the ground?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
afternoon lovely people

Nice little lie in this morning.
scores were 5.3.
4 day in a row i've woken up in hawaii land,
if wasn't for one blip that would have made 7 days straight...:D

been busy all week, so a little shout out...

liking the 'can do' mentality @Providence 62

and @shelley262 @Debandez @bulkbiker ...great work on the video/interviews...Loved the honesty and my god,
you all look so 'Vibrant'..( i almost said alive, ...but ya know what i mean..;) )

Congrats to @Chronicle_Cat ..liking the new avatar..fantastic results
and Respect to @Emma_369 .wonderful effort,

Enjoy your weekends, @Charis1213 @Goonergal

Hugs and best wishes out to @SB.25 @Patrick66 @karen8967 @PatsyB @Goacher55
may today and tonight be a more peaceful affair.

And welcome @Sandra19440 :)

Congrats to all who turned in an acceptable score for themselves today, long may it continue.

and @rhubarb73 am also liking the poetry,

and you've inspired me, with a little bit of gallows humour

+++++++++

the doctor said, you should be dead
your not.. so go on living
eat bread and jam, and skip the ham
that meat is not forgiving

Your type 2, here's what to do
take all the pills i'm giving
eat what you like forget the spike
ignore advice others keep on giving

it's bad advice, so just play nice,
and do as i've been saying
can't fund the golf, or buy new cars
if patients don't keep paying.

You must buy the meds until your dead
these words don't bring me joy
but think less of you and more of me
and those that we employ,

the pharma guys and all those boffins
need you to keep on taking,
the pills and meds until your dead
and resting in that coffin.

Brilliant!

Here's one I did after my last night out. I just need more practice (not the alcohol, the poetry, but i think you will agree that there is potential!)

Attachments

• 005a2d51954700a70eeb.jpeg
    005a2d51954700a70eeb.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 114

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Birthday, @Goonergal !

6.3 at 11:15 this morning. Latest I've slept in a long time and it felt wonderful to take my time waking up and getting up. It's dry outside again but cold, 3 degrees with 9 the forecast high, so I may stay in and exercise by doing housework.

I hope everyone's teams are winning!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Isn’t it just. I went from XL to M last year in 5 months. And then i ordered a sports top and the supplier sent me a small by mistake. I thought I may as well try it on - it’s a bit figure hugging but for training it’s great. Made my day.

Congratulations, @rhubarb73 !

I had to wash my brand new jeans last night since the mailbag had some sort of glittery dust all over its lining. The jeans shrank a bit but I can still zip them up with room to spare, so I'll be keeping them. I wish they had shrunk a little lengthwise because they're still a little bit long but they'll be fine with shoes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once more into the valley ...
(of Hawaii..:D )

5.4....so a happy JJ this morning.

hey, @AngiH ..fancy seeing you here...ain't the view great..:happy:

And happy birthday, @Goonergal ..dinner sounded delicious

and sometimes we just got to live for some other reason then counting carbs.
so honorary absolution for your food sins... @DJC3 .. @PenguinMum .

and @Emma_369 ...LoL..
[QUOTE="Emma_369, post: 1He popped to the pub for a couple at 3pm and was bringing my food back with him when he came home. Which he did. At 9.45 [/QUOTE]

oh, dear LoL...i shouldn't, but i rather like the sound of your better half...:D
( and of course with such an understanding missus, he's obviously got himself a 'keeper'...;) )

Nice ditty's, @rhubarb73 @PenguinMum ..and liking yours as well @Debandez .:hilarious::hilarious:

Ps liking the psychology of that question @rhubarb73 .

A bit late, but wishing you all a decent day and a great night.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn’t it just. I went from XL to M last year in 5 months. And then i ordered a sports top and the supplier sent me a small by mistake. I thought I may as well try it on - it’s a bit figure hugging but for training it’s great. Made my day.
@rhubarb73 ..my t shirts from january 2017 were XXXL now L and i have had a M ..all george @ asda....and today bought a pair of 36 inch waist jeans from primark .. they fit! havent had that size since 1997!! 44inch were the norm...smug!...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rhubarb73 ..my t shirts from january 2017 were XXXL now L and i have had a M ..all george @ asda....and today bought a pair of 36 inch waist jeans from primark .. they fit! havent had that size since 1997!! 44inch were the norm...smug!...

Does George have true-fit clothes? I saw a pair of George jeans at Walmart for half the price I paid for my Lee Riders but I've never tried that brand before. They also had some nice-looking flannel shirts. But when you can't get to the store to try things on, it's hard to try new brands.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Well done- gets expensive doesn’t it. The hard thing is working out what size you will settle at.
Easier for men I think

Reactions: millenium

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done- gets expensive doesn’t it. The hard thing is working out what size you will settle at.
Easier for men I think

IME clothes-buying is often easier for men. Collar and sleeve; waist and inseam; walk into the store, pick those measurements up from the shelf, pay, walk out. Women, not so much.

My next step is to start replacing tops that are now too big, but for those I will wait until I can go into the store and try things on, since sizes don't run consistently across brands. There is one wonderful online vendor whose clothes are true-size but whose pants (trousers?) run long. Even when they give the inseam, it's too long on me. But it is nice to buy their L instead of other vendors' XL. :)

It definitely gets expensive. I had just ordered those new jeans when my printer ran out of ink and right now I need to make several copies for the renewal of my lease. I tried to cancel the jeans order but was thankful it was too late and didn't go through because I need the jeans too. So I bit the bullet and ordered the ink cartridge on credit. But I must make a payment on that the first of February, so the new tops will have to wait. At least too-big tops don't fall off!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes @SaskiaKC @geefull @Freema @DJC3 @shelley262 @philchap1 @dunelm @ianpspurs @Emma_369 @PenguinMum @trick60 @jjraak @karen8967 and @rhubarb73 Hope I haven’t missed anyone. After last night’s meal, had a fantastic birthday spent with good friends, chatting, drinking tea and walking the canals in Birmingham. Perfect.

@rhubarb73 the men’s first team may have disgraced themselves, but my team - the Arsenal women’s walking football team - thrashed their West Ham counterparts before the ‘main’ event.

@Chronicle_Cat @Diawara @rhubarb73 and @SaskiaKC great stuff on the weight loss and clothes size reduction. I am 7 sizes down from where I started. Expensive, but in a good way!

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@Rhubarb I apologise in advance but its been in my head all day.

There once was a goldfish Rhubarb
Who couldnt get on with a carb
He decided to eat
Lots of dairy and meat
And soon found he needed new garb.

Thank you although you tagged someone else who is probably mightily confused now (you forgot the 73)

Reactions: DJC3

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
oh, dear LoL...i shouldn't, but i rather like the sound of your better half...:D
( and of course with such an understanding missus, he's obviously got himself a 'keeper'...;) )
:) After 10yrs I’ve learned quite well that a couple is code for several. I of course don’t tell him, but I very much enjoy the tv to myself so I can watch trashy shows we never normally would :D - but sssssshhhh if he caught wind of my joy of a peaceful night he’d offer to do it more regularly;)