What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez you are doing sterling work I admire you. Re the chinese t/a can I just ask if there are any other things you can tolerate? We are going to newish friends on Sat and will be having a t/a. When they came to us we ordered Indian which I can navigate but since they are hosting they might choose Chinese.
I stick to this as I feel it's a safe option. But how about the duck. Without pancake and sauce best option. There may be a link to take away food on here. @Rachox or @shelley262 may be aware if there is. Enjoy your evening.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For you @Debandez

IF it was me, i'd LOVE meeting a real live, T2D survivor..( said in jest, but it WAS how it felt those first few weeks )
and you are the epitome of thriving AND surviving

So with that said...as my FIRST meeting, i'd like to know.

* more about sugars/carbs aka impact on T2D's

I think the assumption was we all knew as much about food as each other.
not sure i would really have understood that impact just from the Desmond's course.

Sure others will have their own opinion on the info they would have wished for most.
i was like you @jjraak needing live type twos to talk to remembered two people , both diagnosed eighteen years ago ,one a former work collegue un fortunaly is having treatment for cancer and on dialisis so couldnt speak much, the other my 84 year old aunt told me about her journey 18 years ago " youre type 2 heres a picture of the eat well plate take the metformin and ill see you at the next blood test" i went annd saw her in feb /march last year and told her what i was doing roughly following mms 8 week blood sugar diet book and this website. she thought i was mad but shes very open minded and i lent her the book which she read and slowly cut dowm on the high carbs etc . I saw her last week and had a long chat shes lost a stone in weight and feels better for it dont feel hungry all the time... shes got her annual blood test next month and hopefully it will come down a bit (shes been in low 7s for years ........ so for me i feel ive passed some good advice on....
oh and i was 5.3 @ 0506

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning...up just after 4am full of aches & pains...out for my mid morning constitutional with Harry yesterday having my usual conversation with fellow dog walkers...received an important work phone call which I had to take...suddenly Harry ploughed into me & I found myself laying flat out on the grass...finished my call looking up at the beautiful blue sky...Harry got excited & thought this was play time promptly rushed in for the biggest bulldog snog ever:arghh:...anti-coagulant clinic this morning hoping for some progress with my INR levels...then off to work....woke to a 5.3
Nothing like a bully snog! bestest ever!! Hope you are ok after the impromptu sky gazing!! I have 2 (1 in foster)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I stick to this as I feel it's a safe option. But how about the duck. Without pancake and sauce best option. There may be a link to take away food on here. @Rachox or @shelley262 may be aware if there is. Enjoy your evening.
Sorry can’t help I don’t remember seeing one but rarely do take away so may not have grabbed my attention.
@Rachox do you know any useful links?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Racing out today opticians appt first thing.
5.0 this am
Hope everyone has a really good day hoping for some ‘forest bathing’ later if get jobs list done.
@SaskiaKC hope your appointment goes really well today thinking of you it will be great when it’s done good luck

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke to a horrific 14.1 today and feel incredibly sick. Going for a long walk before work to try to get them down! If they are still high in work, I will walk up and down the stairs (I am on the ground floor of a 10 story building).

Hope everyone’s morning is better than mine!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Debandez you are doing sterling work I admire you. Re the chinese t/a can I just ask if there are any other things you can tolerate? We are going to newish friends on Sat and will be having a t/a. When they came to us we ordered Indian which I can navigate but since they are hosting they might choose Chinese.

Well theres

Moo Shu (pork or chicken) about 4gm carb without pancakes

Chicken and Broccoli (brown or garlic sauce) I bit higher at about 12 gm carb
just meat Broccoli and sauce basically.

or what about Egg Foo Young about 13 gm

I love aromatic duck but can never resist the pancakes.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry can’t help I don’t remember seeing one but rarely do take away so may not have grabbed my attention.
@Rachox do you know any useful links?
@PenguinMum , I’m sorry, I don’t have a link either but if we do chinese I get a quarter crispy duck, I eat all of the duck and veggies, but only have a maximum of three pancakes depending on the size and the merest smudge of the sauce.