What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will avoid the media today, don't you just love speculation followed by pretend shock.
A 6.5 for me this morning. Well under 10 so quite happy with that.

Well folks I don't know what you're doing today, but my day is planned. Whatever and wherever enjoy it, not forgetting to bark at the postman, chase the odd car and howl at next doors cat. Must go shoes to shine, one brown one and one black one hehehehe

SNAP for the 6.5. And MEOW-SSSS for the barking and even the idea of chasing! :D

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1546373334563.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I met Buddha on the Road, and I killed him.

If your focus and concentration in the practice of clearing your mind, so that there is only one thought at a time, and then only the thought that you are meditating on, is obstructed by anything in your mind, let alone 'the Buddha in your mind', you kill that unwanted 'Buddha in your mind' and anything else.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: dunelm

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I managed to get down to 10 which is still too high, but better than 14 so got to be a bit pleased. I had to eat a small bit of breakfast as I needed to take my tablets. L Will walk again at lunch to bring down further.

Great attitude and the walking obviously made a difference - bringing it down by 4mmol which is wonderful.

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my doctor's appointment earlier this afternoon that I was so nervous about -- got very good results. Weight down, blood pressure down, A1C WAY down, from .4 last summer to .3 today (I used an online converter to translate these numbers from US measurement of 7.5 last summer to 5.8 today). Another site has it as .417 last summer and .322 today in mmol. Either way, I'm happy with it and so was my doctor. She also noticed how big my shirt had gotten since last summer. :) Now I'm just waiting to get the results of the blood work for cholesterol.

So I came home and played my first game of pool in 50+ years with some good coaching from a neighbor.

@jjraak I thought about you while I was at the doctor's because at one point between blood pressure check and blood draw I asked if I had time to go to the rest room and the assistant went to ask the doctor if she wanted a sample from me while I was in there. :D (She didn't.) ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, apparently I used the wrong conversion chart as the results I found online are nothing like the numbers I see for people here. I can't find any website that converts US numbers to UK ones. I would love to know the equivalents.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from the doctor.

Hba1c was 5.2, all my levels are good and the doctor was really pleased. I left her a lot of stuff about low carb and diabetes including from this site and diet doctor's guide for physicians and low carb.
That is an excellent hba1c.! Well done. Your hard work has paid off. Great news on dropping off the info. Food for thought.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my doctor's appointment earlier this afternoon that I was so nervous about -- got very good results. Weight down, blood pressure down, A1C WAY down, from .4 last summer to .3 today (I used an online converter to translate these numbers from US measurement of 7.5 last summer to 5.8 today). Another site has it as .417 last summer and .322 today in mmol. Either way, I'm happy with it and so was my doctor. She also noticed how big my shirt had gotten since last summer. :) Now I'm just waiting to get the results of the blood work for cholesterol.

So I came home and played my first game of pool in 50+ years with some good coaching from a neighbor.

@jjraak I thought about you while I was at the doctor's because at one point between blood pressure check and blood draw I asked if I had time to go to the rest room and the assistant went to ask the doctor if she wanted a sample from me while I was in there. :D (She didn't.) ;)
Good resultz saskia well done x

Reactions: Freema