What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a satisfying day yesterday despite a dodgy start...INR levels spot on so two weeks grace between appointments...then set off to work in Luton made good time...arrived only to find our office got it wrong I should have been in London...set off for London got there in an hour & 7 minutes...I was like Penelope Pitstop...after eight hours sleep woke to a 6.1

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today. Still higher than I’m comfortable with.
@Chronicle_Cat and @SaskiaKC brilliant results well done, and well deserved.
@Bubbsie glad your blood results were good too but that office mix up must have been so frustrating. Is your London office in the centre of town? You’re v brave driving in. More like The Stig than Penelope Pitstop I’d say.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 today. Still higher than I’m comfortable with.
@Chronicle_Cat and @SaskiaKC brilliant results well done, and well deserved.
@Bubbsie glad your blood results were good too but that office mix up must have been so frustrating. Is your London office in the centre of town? You’re v brave driving in. More like The Stig than Penelope Pitstop I’d say.
Made me laugh DJ...there were a few expletives on the way but I stayed in relatively good humour

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
10.1 today.

Very happy with this after yesterday’s 14! I went for a long walk after dinner because my bloods had stayed at 14 all day. So think that may have helped.

Off to the west end today to see Matilda with my mum and I can’t wait!

Have a lovely day everyone.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning all from a windswept and interesting Northeast, a 5.9 greeted me today, which isn't bad considering a sleepless night nursing a post operative foster Bulldog (he's still feeling sorry for himself).

take care everyone.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
10.1 today.

Very happy with this after yesterday’s 14! I went for a long walk after dinner because my bloods had stayed at 14 all day. So think that may have helped.

Off to the west end today to see Matilda with my mum and I can’t wait!

Have a lovely day everyone.
Have a fabulous day. It’s one of my favourite shows! Enjoy :)

Reactions: SB.25 and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A soul destroying 7.8 FBG despite this week having smaller portions and walking every day. Yesterday I was still above 6 at 7pm. I need to do something but am not sure I can do fasting. Maybe I might try only eating two meals or eating making my last meal a snack at about 6pm. Need to get my head round this. I have to eat something in the morning or my bloods rise and rise all morning.
Have a good day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning all from a windswept and interesting Northeast, a 5.9 greeted me today, which isn't bad considering a sleepless night nursing a post operative foster Bulldog (he's still feeling sorry for himself).

take care everyone.
Oh poor fellow...are you tempted to keep him john?...something about that 'mournful' look that is so appealing...hope he's up & about soon.

Reactions: johnpol and jjraak

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had my doctor's appointment earlier this afternoon that I was so nervous about -- got very good results. Weight down, blood pressure down, A1C WAY down, from .4 last summer to .3 today (I used an online converter to translate these numbers from US measurement of 7.5 last summer to 5.8 today). Another site has it as .417 last summer and .322 today in mmol. Either way, I'm happy with it and so was my doctor. She also noticed how big my shirt had gotten since last summer. :) Now I'm just waiting to get the results of the blood work for cholesterol.

So I came home and played my first game of pool in 50+ years with some good coaching from a neighbor.

@jjraak I thought about you while I was at the doctor's because at one point between blood pressure check and blood draw I asked if I had time to go to the rest room and the assistant went to ask the doctor if she wanted a sample from me while I was in there. :D (She didn't.) ;)
Great results

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. A soul destroying 7.8 FBG despite this week having smaller portions and walking every day. Yesterday I was still above 6 at 7pm. I need to do something but am not sure I can do fasting. Maybe I might try only eating two meals or eating making my last meal a snack at about 6pm. Need to get my head round this. I have to eat something in the morning or my bloods rise and rise all morning.
Have a good day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
I had a spell like that PM for no apparent reason...have you tried a little carbs & protein before bed?...I have to eat breakfast otherwise my BG rises...are you eating before you exercise...that sometimes it helps to have a small snack before you do...worth a a try possibly.

Reactions: Debandez

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning everyone. fbs 8.1 for me at 8am. :banghead:. Have a good day one and all.:)

Update:-
Retested at 11am, 3 hours after light breakfast and 1x Gliclazide= 6.7. ( I know I should have tested after 2 hours but I fell asleep!)

Tested at 5.45pm before eating and before Gliclazide/ Metformin:- 4.7
Retated 2 hrs. after 1st bite and evening Gliclazide/ Metformin.:- 7.0

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

cleaning crew jobs today ;) the fan on mum's oven has failed so we've had to order another, it's an ideal opportunity to clear out the cupboard underneath the oven.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)