What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone
B : large mug of coffee and 2 squares green & blacks orange and almond chocolate
L ; a rather ridiculous amount of gammon with a fried egg followed by a hotel chocolat sour cherry dark chocolate - literally my new favourite thing!
D; only just hungry and too late to start cooking so having a tin of salmon, 4 cherry tomatoes, a chunk of smoked applewood cheese, a chunk or extra mature cheddar and a spoon of coleslaw

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gammon slow cooked in Diet Pepsi, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, everyone’s Sundays sound good in many different ways.
@Goonergal I never find anything decent in M&S sale, what a bargain those jeans were.

Lots of tea and coffee this morning but no food.
Lunch was a bit of roast chicken I found in the fridge Couldn’t remember what day we’d had chicken but it looked and smelled ok salad of avocado and celery and chilli mayo.

Dinner DD chicken casserole - pesto type sauce and nice cheesy crispy topping made with cauliflower, leeks and a few tomatoes. Had 1 small piece roast butternut squash with it and a sort of lc trifle afterwards ( lemon drizzle cake slice found in freezer, sf jelly, few raspberries, topped with Gk yogurt and a grated 100% choc button)

Lots of stuff collected by people from Freecycle so I’m v happy with the day’s work.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-02
No breakfast Stressed, have four house viewings today
11ish cup of tea rewarmed from morning
12.15 Four cheese and ham slices, cup of coffee
2pm pain au raisin, coffee.
Snacks handful of nuts, another couple of cheese slices
Dinner lamb shoulder from morrisons, potatoes, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, two large glasses of wine. homemade rice pudding
Still, have actually eaten over my calorie budget today - although that might be partly due to not exercising.
Didn't take any BG today.
Got new meter and it looks scary compared to the tiny pocket size one previously used.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have not posted in here for a while.

Lunch yesterday, was toasted ham and cheese sandwiches.
Dinner, barbecued whiting fillets and salad.
Breakfast this morning, three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes bacon and a refried spud lite tater.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10-02
No breakfast Stressed, have four house viewings today
11ish cup of tea rewarmed from morning
12.15 Four cheese and ham slices, cup of coffee
2pm pain au raisin, coffee.
Snacks handful of nuts, another couple of cheese slices
Dinner lamb shoulder from morrisons, potatoes, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, two large glasses of wine. homemade rice pudding
Still, have actually eaten over my calorie budget today - although that might be partly due to not exercising.
Didn't take any BG today.
Got new meter and it looks scary compared to the tiny pocket size one previously used.
Sounds very much like it’s time to be very kind to yourself and take as many short cuts as possible with food. House viewings and moving is a hugely stressful time take care.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not posted in here for a while.

Lunch yesterday, was toasted ham and cheese sandwiches.
Dinner, barbecued whiting fillets and salad.
Breakfast this morning, three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes bacon and a refried spud lite tater.
Good to see you here think a barbecue wouldn’t work well at moment in the UK - although warmer and less windy than was! Makes me long for the summer ahead.

Reactions: zauberflote

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Sounds very much like it’s time to be very kind to yourself and take as many short cuts as possible with food. House viewings and moving is a hugely stressful time take care.
It is very stressful, this is second time around, was sold before xmas, something went wrong, now starting again.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I never find anything decent in M&S sale, what a bargain those jeans were.

The funny thing was I didn’t find them on the sale rails - everything there was xxxl. Picked them up on the full price rails looking for a second pair of a style that I liked. No price label so checked at the till and was told they were in the sale at £2.49. Amazing!

I love Freecycle too.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The funny thing was I didn’t find them on the sale rails - everything there was xxxl. Picked them up on the full price rails looking for a second pair of a style that I liked. No price label so checked at the till and was told they were in the sale at £2.49. Amazing!

I love Freecycle too.

Since I got skinny, I find the sales a lot better - especially as I can use children's too - provided they don't have Disney characters or such like emblazoned on them.

With small feet and hands (size 3 feet), I also do with with casual shoes.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since I got skinny, I find the sales a lot better - especially as I can use children's too - provided they don't have Disney characters or such like emblazoned on them.

Often wonder if I’d fit into the larger kids stuff - might give it a try. No chance with the shoes, but always children’s gloves and hats!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Often wonder if I’d fit into the larger kids stuff - might give it a try. No chance with the shoes, but always children’s gloves and hats!

I'd be certain you would, and not being the tallest either, helps!

For me, anything over about 13 yrs is too big. I have some 11-12yrs jeams and loads of similar11-12/12-13yrs leggings.

In M&S, the children's shoes go up to 5 for girls, and bigger in the boys, although that matters not to me. In the M&S girls shoes, there are always ladies trying them on when I go to look.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I love Freecycle too.
Happened to me once with a jacket that was on normal rails after sales over and had just persuaded myself it was worth the labelled price when she charged me 2.49 it was a final final reduction and on the till. Still love the jacket and I don’t know why but feels better that it was such a surprise bargain!
@DCUKMod i must check out the girls clothes. Now I seem to be able to fit into some size6s in women’s but otherwise an 8 think it would be worth a look at them as know they are cheaper. Thank you for this never thought about it but as I was larger for a lot of my life !

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happened to me once with a jacket that was on normal rails after sales over and had just persuaded myself it was worth the labelled price when she charged me 2.49 it was a final final reduction and on the till. Still love the jacket and I don’t know why but feels better that it was such a surprise bargain!
@DCUKMod i must check out the girls clothes. Now I seem to be able to fit into some size6s in women’s but otherwise an 8 think it would be worth a look at them as know they are cheaper. Thank you for this never thought about it but as I was larger for a lot of my life !
For things like lounging leggings and so on, Primark is also excellent. Their girls stuff is often overly generous for me.

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good morning everyone - its cold but beautifully sunny here today so I've got washing out on the line for the first time this year!

i don't think I've ever found a clothes bargain in M&S! There's even an M&S outlet store in Doncaster and i must have visited there at least a dozen times without ever buying anything.

When I used to work in an office i would always get myself my work shoes from Clarks at the same time I bought my daughter's shoes and they were always really comfortable because of the width fittings.

Today

Breakfast: Coffee with cream, chunk of Brie

Lunch: Turkish yoghurt with blackberries

Dinner: Greek salad - lettuce, big tomato, feta, basil and olives

Drinks: Coffee for brekkie, tea with skimmed milk for mid morning and lots of water

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Isn't the human body range amazing?
I was 5 foot 7 inches by my 11th birthday (and then stopped growing upwards).
And even at that age and not overweight, I took size 12-14 clothes. Breadth of shoulders and pelvic bones made it a necessity.
I can't envisage ever getting down to that size again, but if I did, there wouldn't be much flesh over the bones, at all. I think my skeleton would be a size 10 :hilarious:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't the human body range amazing?
I was 5 foot 7 inches by my 11th birthday (and then stopped growing upwards).
And even at that age and not overweight, I took size 12-14 clothes. Breadth of shoulders and pelvic bones made it a necessity.
I can't envisage ever getting down to that size again, but if I did, there wouldn't be much flesh over the bones, at all. I think my skeleton would be a size 10 :hilarious:

My Mums family were all little, compact people. My maiden great aunt too size 2 shoes, but a bit of a pocket rocket.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I love Freecycle too.
One of my friends told me it's an end of the Sale Sale - 90% off. She found a stripey top for £2.19. Apparently they have loads of lingerie for silly prices too.