What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She is an agent for them where she lives in France. I don’t think that she paid the extortionate price for it.
I’m sticking to my slow cooker, pressure cooker and my 20 year old Vitamix.

Aaahhhh. Vitamix... now there is my Twue Love.
I think mine is 9 years old now, and still as frisky as a young (and very powerful) bull elephant.

I feel I have been somewhat unfaithful to him since going carnivore and getting the instant pot. Bad B.
Obviously time to have a soup making binge.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
All this talk of IPs reminds me how much I miss mine and what a hassle is is to think of and cook meals in the traditional manner
I popped into M&S today but no sign of that valentine sausage sadly.
Woke early and had a handful of nuts, couldn’t have a ‘proper’ breakfast as we were off to the gym later that morning.
Lunch was a DD breakfast sandwich
Dinner another DD recipe called a tuna casserole. Odd but HTS for daughter’s partner who has been missing a tuna melt sandwich since joining me on lchf. Had it with the last of the brussel tops sauteed in butter.
Wish I had something puddingy now.

Miss it? Miss it?

You clearly need a "here and there" family of pots.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As its obviously not a thermo nuclear warhead (or similar) - then what are they? I've just googled it and I can't work out if it's a cooking devise, a posh mixer or both? :shy:

The answer is,"........... Yes!

Reactions: Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Miss it? Miss it?

You clearly need a "here and there" family of pots.

I know. It was a great error of judgement not to bring it back from Cornwall with me like I have done previously.
This was only supposed to be a whistlestop visit though, until I realised the scale of house clearing still to be done up here so decided to stay and tackle it.
I’ll never make this mistake again - I will travel like @ziggy-W with her coffee maker in it’s own suitcase.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 happy with you for bg
Haha I won’t be drinking any more than usual, which is, in the summer, a few sips of beer from Mr ZF’s bottle on grilling Saturdays. Red wine gave me a headache at age 19, and tastes awful, and spirits are at least 2 leagues above my ability
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, decaf/soy/cream
Lunch almond butter, a little cream, chix broth
Supper is in my brand new IP, so excited.! Roast (how can you have a pressure cooked roast?) chicken with smoked paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and various Italian herb things. Probably some greens and/or celery. I figured out why I eat so much celery - it crunches like a good apple, and I miss my winter daily apple
Loving your new avatar and welcome to the IP club!

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know. It was a great error of judgement not to bring it back from Cornwall with me like I have done previously.
This was only supposed to be a whistlestop visit though, until I realised the scale of house clearing still to be done up here so decided to stay and tackle it.
I’ll never make this mistake again - I will travel like @ziggy-W with her coffee maker in it’s own suitcase.
Funny for Ziggys coffee machine suitcase!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Is the masterplan to be premenantly based in the South West?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal you would be both pleased as punch and gobsmacked? With our meal today. A whole pack (2kgs+) of short ribs purchased in 2017 found lurking in the freezer as we try to give it a Marie Kondo. I could be relatively full afterwards but not expecting huge pleasure - relying on Spurs and England win for that
Will be using the IP and last night's info re using Kindle explains random autocorrect/suggest nonsense e.g. Wind for win

Last edited:

Hungry19

It’s sweet you both get to do weekends - I agree there has to be a Sunday Roast .
The storms were lethal - My son had a sleepover - most of his friends have parents with Diabetes (still give the kids their pizza !! Tut tut) One dad was ill so didn’t go work - his partner was killed by falling tree
So - I’m staying humble - and giving thanks and praise - cos it can and dies get worse - evidently

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you sold the house yet?

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I overheard Mr C describing my WOE as my 'Wallace and Gromit' diet. Maybe I'm overdoing the cheese. :rolleyes:

So, today

Breakfast: Weekly big brunch of egg, bacon, high meat content chipolata sausages, mushrooms, two tablespoons of baked beans

Lunch: Maybe a nibble of cheese but probably won't be necessary

Dinner: chargrilled pork belly strips with sugar free sweet chilli dipping sauce

Dessert: defrosted raspberries and Turkish yoghurt

Drinks: Usual black decaff coffee with breakfast, tea with skimmed milk for elevenses, about 2 litres still spring water spread across the day

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I overheard Mr C describing my WOE as my 'Wallace and Gromit' diet. Maybe I'm overdoing the cheese. :rolleyes:

So, today

Breakfast: Weekly big brunch of egg, bacon, high meat content chipolata sausages, mushrooms, two tablespoons of baked beans

Lunch: Maybe a nibble of cheese but probably won't be necessary

Dinner: chargrilled pork belly strips with sugar free sweet chilli dipping sauce

Dessert: defrosted raspberries and Turkish yoghurt

Drinks: Usual black decaff coffee with breakfast, tea with skimmed milk for elevenses, about 2 litres still spring water spread across the day
I keep reading your Turkish yoghurt as Turkish delight and my mind keeps thinking raspberries and Turkish delight hmmmmm.

No 1 grandson was asking me if his grommets were still in his ears. I assured him they were long gone as they drop out but I wasn't sure if Wallace was still there. I got a very puzzled look then he said Nana , I think you're a little bit nuts. Ah well at least it's a little bit.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No oddities last night with the BGs - bed 6.2 FBG 5.9. There were indeed the patter of tiny feet very early. They woke at 5.30am. Thankfully though they played reasonably quietly until 6.45am when the desire for breakfast took over. There's a TV in Number 1's bedroom and they snuggle together to watch early morning children's TV. Hubby still choked with the cold so between his coughing and the mutterings from next door over some Lego game and No 2 deciding to mountaineer on the furniture and jump I didn't get a lot of sleep. Thankfully I am having a little peace before I take them to swimming (although I have informed Mum and Dad that they will come too today).
B. So far over the 7.5 hours I've had 2 Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. 3 Tesco GF pork chipolatas, 2 slices of back bacon, 2 mini tomatoes, 2 mushrooms and 1 egg.
L. Nothing - will be at swimming
D. Making Rick Stein's beef stroganoff with celeriac chips. Since my baking was knocked for six it will be berries and cream. I do have rhubarb but will do something with that tomorrow.
Thankfully its half term here so I should get some sleep tomorrow although that is dependant on Hubbys cough!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@maglil55 a) you are too funny, wallaces in the ears. b) one of you sleeps on the couch! In this house, it’s hubby, because he can sleep through mine but I sure can’t through his.. besides he can stay asleep with 30 lb of cats between his legs.....which is the winter gift they give you if you sleep on the couch
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, all smooshed up with some mayo (long morning) and a few spoons on cinnamon toast chia pudding
Midmorning (now) decaf/soy/cream. I am working at a church, and have learned to bring my travel thermos mug pre-loaded with the white things. Clever me.
Lunch don’t know yet
Supper will be late. Working at this same church for a Celtic Evensong, and then they serve supper after. I’m at their mercy, but they always have mixed green salad.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast=bacon egg mushroom tomato lunch =few nuts with a bar of dark chocolate and coffee with double cream , dinner= chicken in garlic and butter with brussels sprouts cabbage boccoli, with some butter on the veg , dessert was strawberries blueberries with double cream and some walnuts on top, so so tasty . Walnuts are my new taste i love them and cannot understand why i didn't eat them before . Yummy :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 a) you are too funny, wallaces in the ears. b) one of you sleeps on the couch! In this house, it’s hubby, because he can sleep through mine but I sure can’t through his.. besides he can stay asleep with 30 lb of cats between his legs.....which is the winter gift they give you if you sleep on the couch
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, all smooshed up with some mayo (long morning) and a few spoons on cinnamon toast chia pudding
Midmorning (now) decaf/soy/cream. I am working at a church, and have learned to bring my travel thermos mug pre-loaded with the white things. Clever me.
Lunch don’t know yet
Supper will be late. Working at this same church for a Celtic Evensong, and then they serve supper after. I’m at their mercy, but they always have mixed green salad.
The Wallace in the ear was nothing on my other one. With these strong winds the empty wheelie bins (@zauberflote - see the image. We have these wheelie bins in different colours to split our trash) were getting blown onto the roads and I had a few near misses as they flew along with their lids flapping. Told the boys it was "the attack of the killer zombie wheelies" which they found highly amusing.
71nmoCGR7aL._SY606_.jpg