What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and not to those politicians.

A straight 4.0 for me. No driving for me at this level.

Well folks today is a mystery so we better make the most of it before the media ruin it going on about politicians. Me's will be playing in the garden with the grandchildren third childhood is great, now where did I park my skateboard?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, the sun is shining in the dark and dangerous north. I feel a walk down the coast for a bit coming on. Firstly though, I have a bit of fettling to do on one of my bikes. I am going to sell it so best check it over and give it a rub with a wet flannel.
0600 - vist bathroom - 5.1
0720 - eventually got up - 4.7
Have a great day if you can.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Iv been fasting for nearly 24 hours (last meal at 5pm yesterday). This morning I was 7.2 and as of 5 min ago I’m now 5.4, all I have had today is 5 cups of tea, no milk and obviously no sugar.

I’m new to all this as Iv only recently been diagnosed with Type 2. Does this sound about right?
Sounds like it’s early days welcome to this thread it’s a great place to record your bgs and get some help and support- welcome. Stress of fasting can tempput sugars up due to release of cortisol. You can find if you put a small amount of double cream in your coffee or tea it can help block any rise or so I’ve found!
Edit if you’d like support on a fast check out this thread I’m planning one next week
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...record-your-achievements.161600/#post-1993418

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning, the sun is shining in the dark and dangerous north. I feel a walk down the coast for a bit coming on. Firstly though, I have a bit of fettling to do on one of my bikes. I am going to sell it so best check it over and give it a rub with a wet flannel.
0600 - vist bathroom - 5.1
0720 - eventually got up - 4.7
Have a great day if you can.

Sun shining in the dark and dangerous norf, I didn't know it was April fools Day!!
I am a confirmed southerner and know anything north of Watford is always wet, dark and dangerous.
Sorry to read your bike needs work and you will be selling it, is it a drop handle type or a sit up straight type. Will you also be selling the lycra jump suit also? Don't forget to put air in the tyres.
Good luck with your sale.

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

on my first step outside to feed the birds it looks like it's going to be a grey but mild day ;)

mr. gee is improving steadily after the nasty stomach virus he had, so we will probably go to mum's and do an hour of garden tidying later :)
I'm just making soup for lunch, then after the gardening we'll go do a bit of shopping to top up LCHF supplies.

Hope your weekend treats you gently :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 today getting ever close to McGarrett country. Had a scary moment last night after eating salt and pepper squid at the pub, 2 hours later shot up by 4 points on the meter. They didnt look or taste battered but there must have been some flour in there. @Debandez can you fill a suitcase with you know what?
@Cumberland great news about the puppy.
.@DJC3 sounds like heaven, steady she goes.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Those unwell take care. Everyone else stay well, stay safe.
I could make a fortune on the black market @PenguinMum :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.6 this morning. I just couldn't resist that rice last night. Going to set my alarm to test at 6am tomorrow morning, earlier tests seem to be lower. I mean, I don't have to get out of bed or anything do I?

Foggy morning here, sun hasn't burnt it off yet, but is trying to. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

P62

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today which is quite incredible. We were invited to my lovely cousins for dinner last night. My auntie wouldn't tell me what was on the menu. Wanted a nice surprise for us. Home made pizza!!! Not fathead either. Nope, full on dough. Plus bbq ribs....smothered in sauce. And prawns in garlic sauce. Oh let's not forget the homemade lemon drizzle cake. He and his lovely wife have just found out they expecting their first child so a few toasts on the agenda.

Dilemma!!! Do I eat nothing and offend (not that offence would have been taken). Or do I eat pizza!!! Question. What would you have done?

The pizza was delish!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

I'm off for a walk to Lidl to pick up more protein rolls. Selling on black market when I get home!!!

Attachments

• 20190222_192135_resized.jpg
    20190222_192135_resized.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 115

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sun shining in the dark and dangerous norf, I didn't know it was April fools Day!!
I am a confirmed southerner and know anything north of Watford is always wet, dark and dangerous.
Sorry to read your bike needs work and you will be selling it, is it a drop handle type or a sit up straight type. Will you also be selling the lycra jump suit also? Don't forget to put air in the tyres.
Good luck with your sale.

@alf_Josiah - it’s an old Rudge with a four speed Sturmey-Archer rear disc hub. Oh! Hang on, that was what I did my paper round on.
Motorcycle, that’s what I will be selling.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@alf_Josiah - it’s an old Rudge with a four speed Sturmey-Archer rear disc hub. Oh! Hang on, that was what I did my paper round on.
Motorcycle, that’s what I will be selling.
There is the wreckage of a motor bike in my back yard with bits strewn around my garden shed I want to get rid of it all but grandson insists he will put it all back together one day. Somehow I just don't see that happening his other bike was sold but that was after he had fractured 2 vertebra in his neck and broken his arm coming off it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today which is quite incredible. We were invited to my lovely cousins for dinner last night. My auntie wouldn't tell me what was on the menu. Wanted a nice surprise for us. Home made pizza!!! Not fathead either. Nope, full on dough. Plus bbq ribs....smothered in sauce. And prawns in garlic sauce. Oh let's not forget the homemade lemon drizzle cake. He and his lovely wife have just found out they expecting their first child so a few toasts on the agenda.

Dilemma!!! Do I eat nothing and offend (not that offence would have been taken). Or do I eat pizza!!! Question. What would you have done?

The pizza was delish!!!!

I'm off for a walk to Lidl to pick up more protein rolls. Selling on black market when I get home!!!

Put me on your client list for protein rolls.
I think that I would have eaten the ribs but not so much the sauce, definitely the prawns and probably just the topping of the pizza - a dough pizza base would wreak havoc.
Have to attend a funeral in a couple of weeks and will be in a similar position when it comes to food.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

The pizza was delish!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the pizza. I love the pizza cutter! (Hmm, wonder if Amazon carries them.) :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An even 6 on the meter this morning. Fourth foggy morning in a row. More like blueberry soup than pea soup.

@DJC3 have a wonderful time and tell the bus driver to wake you up when he gets to your stop. ;)

@geefull I'm glad to hear Mr Gee is doing better.

@dunelm sorry to hear you are selling one of your bikes.

@Providence 62 I used to test in bed before I got up. Now I do get up first as I've found that washing my hands before I test usually gets me a lower number. (And it gets the KittenCat some more breakfast so I can test in peace!) :)

@alf_Josiah I agree with you about the d&d north ... of course, mine is a different north ... :D