What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is the wreckage of a motor bike in my back yard with bits strewn around my garden shed I want to get rid of it all but grandson insists he will put it all back together one day. Somehow I just don't see that happening his other bike was sold but that was after he had fractured 2 vertebra in his neck and broken his arm coming off it.
If you start selling choice bits on eBay then it will just slowly disappear without anyone noticing.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. A 4.6 at 0700 this morning and on an uphill swing.
Bike fettling finished for now. Can’t decide whether to go out on my bike today or read my new book.
Ah well, time for a mug of tea.
Enjoy your day if you can.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 this morning, thanks to yesterday’s gin no doubt. Only had 1 double but then had red wine with the meal and a couple of glasses of champage back at my friend’s. Quite a lot more booze than is usual for me these days but it was a lovely day all in all.

@dunelm a cup of tea is the best answer to any question I find.

@shelley262 have a good journey up the Mway today.

M

Member496333

Sunday.and the chance of a looooong lie in...and yet here I am.. 3rd on the grid...ggrr.

"Brain..Y 4 u wake me SO early, :***: ."

Fbg ...a mediocre 6.5...poor food choices yesterday,
maybe that square of chocolate, late on..who knows.
It is what it is, I suppose.

Great scores @Goonergal @Jim Lahey
Enjoy Sunday, all.

Pffft. Lay-ins are for losers. I was pumping iron at 05:30 and meditating on a park bench in the morning mist as the sun rose. Hardcore you know the score. Full primal caveman :cool:

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning a 7.2 for me. But not bad considering the husband was looking after me as I'm unwell....so he ordered a Chinese I had the chicken from the chicken balls and a little beef chow mein. Felt so wrong but after spending the day in hospital I wasn't arguing haha...

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful morning here in Notts, sun trying its best to burn through the morning mist, just the type of day to spend in an attic full of fibre glass and dodgy wiring.
A straight 6.0 again on the dice, struggled to rock off to sleep last night, so I made myself a cheese sammitch using two bits of ham instead of bread, very nice, and then had a spicy pepperami, the smell of this woke the wife who asked what I was eating, when I told her what it was she gave me a look that will stay with me for a while, hrumphed and went back to sleep.
Enjoy your weekend all.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@AngiH -- Hugs. Coughing up blood must have been scary. Are you feeling any better now?
@jjraak -- Congrats on the weight loss. Really well done.
@DJC3 -- Sounds as if you had a wonderful time yesterday.
@Debandez -- Interesting that they still sell the rolls in Ireland. Glad you found some though.

Haven't posted yesterday -- Fasting blood sugars yesterday were 4.8 and 4.9 today.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, everyone.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@AngiH -- Hugs. Coughing up blood must have been scary. Are you feeling any better now?
@jjraak -- Congrats on the weight loss. Really well done.
@DJC3 -- Sounds as if you had a wonderful time yesterday.
@Debandez -- Interesting that they still sell the rolls in Ireland. Glad you found some though.

Haven't posted yesterday -- Fasting blood sugars yesterday were 4.8 and 4.9 today.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, everyone.
Thank you. No better at the mo, but as long as I'm only resting I'm not too bad..lazy week for me.

Reactions: DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

yesterday we got started with some tidying up in mum's garden and raked flat some mole hills :)banghead: ), then we had a bit of a bonfire, all in all it feels good to have made a little bit of progress :) Probably we'll need to split some more logs shortly too as mum has made a fair old dent in the pile we got done last time.

today looks like being a bit cooler but fairly bright so we may do a little bit more in the garden today after the Sunday meal, but then again I may just take the little dog for a walk ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pffft. Lay-ins are for losers. I was pumping iron at 05:30 and meditating on a park bench in the morning mist as the sun rose. Hardcore you know the score. Full primal caveman :cool:

Aye, reluctant non loser here....:D

Was pumping iron yesterday, got the weights and workbench out of hibernation from the cupboard..and I'm at the gym now as well .
.( thanks for the heads up on resistance training :) )

Liking the vision of meditating in the mist.
Most Rutger hauer like....

And All very Zen / blade runner, until your rudely interrupted by the tramp back from his morning p***..reclaming his 'Bed'...;)

Have a good un.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning a 7.2 for me. But not bad considering the husband was looking after me as I'm unwell....so he ordered a Chinese I had the chicken from the chicken balls and a little beef chow mein. Felt so wrong but after spending the day in hospital I wasn't arguing haha...
Get well soon

Reactions: AngiH and HarryBeau