What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC hello I dont like to think of you on that approach ramp...what can we do? Sending hugs to you and KC from me Bobs and Daisy.

Thank you, @PenguinMum and Bobs and Daisy. Returning hugs from the KittenCat and me for all of you, including your son, and best wishes to him.

The ramp I'm on is the Ramping Up of Confusion and of rhetorical questions. Do I eat low-carb? Do I eat healthful grains? Do I eat beef for iron, etc., or avoid beef because of LDL cholesterol? At my age does it really matter? Look at George Burns and Winston Churchill and their cigars. Why don't diabetes-friendly meals come in cans or pouches like Spot's cat food (Data's cat on ST:TNG) -- Diabetes Formula #177 1/3 -- Friday -- fish and zucchini chips.

Why is my bank of ??? years suddenly shrewing/spewing me? To move away or not to move away? Those are the rhetorical questions. :)

And meanwhile the KittenCat sleeps on ... a very Zen-like teacher ... lap is warm, water cool ... purr on, purr off ... :banghead:
images

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.9 this morning

For some reason it's been a bit higher than usual all week this week. Who knows ;)
Back from my stint in the charity shop now and looking forward to a quiet evening :)

Hope your Friday was a gentle one :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, @PenguinMum and Bobs and Daisy. Returning hugs from the KittenCat and me for all of you, including your son, and best wishes to him.

The ramp I'm on is the Ramping Up of Confusion and of rhetorical questions. Do I eat low-carb? Do I eat healthful grains? Do I eat beef for iron, etc., or avoid beef because of LDL cholesterol? At my age does it really matter? Look at George Burns and Winston Churchill and their cigars. Why don't diabetes-friendly meals come in cans or pouches like Spot's cat food (Data's cat on ST:TNG) -- Diabetes Formula #177 1/3 -- Friday -- fish and zucchini chips.

Why is my bank of ??? years suddenly shrewing/spewing me? To move away or not to move away? Those are the rhetorical questions. :)

And meanwhile the KittenCat sleeps on ... a very Zen-like teacher ... lap is warm, water cool ... purr on, purr off ... :banghead:
images
I cant really put it better tha Karen did!!
Be as low carb as you are comfortable with, avoid the grains and darn it eat the beef just not all the time! Yes our kitties know a good thing thats for sure. When I sit on the sofa late afternoon I pull a wool rug from the back of the sofa over me and Daisy has taken to annoying me earlier and earlier to pull the rug down until today when Bobs got there first. After a lot of staring and glaring (not me) Bobs gave in and shuffled off to her cosy basket. What would we do without them, eh.
Son went back to his flat in London yesterday and in to the office today but is coming down to us tonight for the weekend. Thanks for including him. We and hopefully he is getting some normality back.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just woke up from a wonderful 3-hour nap. I don't usually sleep that long in the daytime but it was wonderful today, it took me away from all the indecision and the bank's incompetence and now I have a lovely long Friday evening in which to relax. :)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I don't really know why I'm awake at 3 am but I am . Its rainy dark but I have a good cup of coffee and its a lot milder than it has been of late. My sugars were 5.4 at 3:10 am.....

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Good morning, @OrsonKartt . I'm awake because I had a long nap this afternoon and it's just about half past midnight here.

I would ask you to pour me a cup please but I don't want to be up all night ... ! :)

I hope you get back to sleep if you want to.
Might try sleeping later if I need to. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper mixed bag of emotions and numbers from where I started reading - glad I finshed with @Emma_369. @Goacher55 and @SaskiaKC I can empathise with you to some extent but until someone else has walked the proverbial mile in your shoes it is all a bit of a platitude. @karen8967 and @philchap1 hope the lows soon recover - it is sometimes too easy to see a low number and forget that is a problem for type 1s. Even @geefull has had higher numbers - for her. Then we have @DJC3 lounging in bed, drinking coffee and posting -proper louche. @PenguinMum chimes in with tales of cats:arghh: Bannon and co sure did a number on us lot - disruption to the max. I'm off to make tea and sob into a big vat of it:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper mixed bag of emotions and numbers from where I started reading - glad I finshed with @Emma_369. @Goacher55 and @SaskiaKC I can empathise with you to some extent but until someone else has walked the proverbial mile in your shoes it is all a bit of a platitude. @karen8967 and @philchap1 hope the lows soon recover - it is sometimes too easy to see a low number and forget that is a problem for type 1s. Even @geefull has had higher numbers - for her. Then we have @DJC3 lounging in bed, drinking coffee and posting -proper louche. @PenguinMum chimes in with tales of cats:arghh: Bannon and co sure did a number on us lot - disruption to the max. I'm off to make tea and sob into a big vat of it:angelic:

I love lounging in bed with a coffee or tea at the weekend - no idea why as I could do this any day of the week now I’m retired!
Hope your day goes well. Is Julie up and about yet or are you still nurse/ housekeeper/ cook/ dog walker?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love lounging in bed with a coffee or tea at the weekend - no idea why as I could do this any day of the week now I’m retired!
Hope your day goes well. Is Julie up and about yet or are you still nurse/ housekeeper/ cook/ dog walker?
Julie will be up and about eventually - how else would I know which foot to put in front of the other? You missed off chicken whisperer and answerer of inane questions.:angelic: I meant to say thank you for asking after Julie - but I am a method actor and have really started living the role of grumpy old man #2 - new series starting soon.

Last edited: