What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterday evening meal was spatchcock chicken and some frozen roast potatoes three cans of adnams ghost ship...
today missed breakfast, about 60 grams almonds and brazil nuts at 1100 am ... not hungry.... its 18 05 i will probaly have cold chicken and salad in about an hour....

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - English breakfast muffin, 2 fried eggs
L - tuna, avocado, mayo mash, teff crackers
D - cold roast chicken, fried mash cauliflower, marmite gravy followed by peanut butter 'fudge' with a chunk of 70% choc chopped up and mixed in.
S - chunk of cheese that actually tasted like cheese!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
On catch up after a couple of days away in Birmingham meeting old school friend and going to a concert by the counter tenor Franco Fagioli - wonderful performance we so enjoyed it. It included Handel arias you can find on you tube if interested.
Sunday breakfast bacon and egg before setting off, no lunch too busy, dinner exceptional but no way can I list or remember everything I ate! I went to a Brazilian bbq all the meat you can eat at a restaurant at the cube on canalside. Had been once before as it’s amazing for low carbers and carnivores! I had generous amounts of most meats including different cuts of lamb, beef, pork, chicken including chicken hearts, favourite was probably the beef shin very tender and fatty but liked just about everything although not convinced about the chicken heart! Starters had been olives and chunks of amazing Parmesan cheese. All washed down with several glasses of red wine.
Today woke up still full so gave breakfast a miss
Late lunch on return tin of sardines in olive oil with lc seeded crispbreads
Dinner cheese, mushroom and chicken omelette followed by sf jelly with yoghurt and cream
@Goonergal good luck with decorating, living in a hotel and hopeyou get that steak!
@zauberflote i thought of you during the concert we were on front row almost on stage with the musicians I so admire talented hard working musicians and must be hard too when on a major tour as they were. They had recently performed at Versailles as part of tour and Milan opera house we were so lucky they came to Birmingham. Sorry to hear about Goldilocks- your mum- finding someone had been sleeping in her bed while she was out!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive my ignorance. What is CMT?

CMT is ‘Copy Me That’. It’s a great app for keeping recipes from different websites all in one place. A few people on here have it and you can choose to share recipes with other people s we can all see eachother’s. If you decide to get the app, let us know and we’ll add you to the recipe circle.

Reactions: Chook

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt drizzled with orange cordial (nothing else in the cupboard to add to the yoghurt but it worked well) 2 x slices of ham.
Lunch at Pestos Trafford Centre, Manchester : Piatini - Pollo alla pizzaiola, Polpette di manzo, Spiedini di pollo (chicken, chicken and meatballs) and Diet Coke.
Dinner : Travelling - Chorizo and cheese rollitos, 2 x boiled eggs and a clementine. 200ml full fat milk

Tea

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
No breakfast as I was meeting my youngest daughter for a spa day for her birthday treat. Lolled around the pool then had a massage each then lunch there - glorious setting, looking out over Fistral beach. I had nicoise salad with a salmon fillet, no spuds. When will I remember to ask for no dressing? - it was v sweet. Free glass of prosecco but I was driving so birthday girl had both. I had water.
Evening meal: re heated random bag of food from freezer for Mr C. I had smoked salmon, scrambled egg and avocado followed by last of the lc cheesecake.
Also had 10g HC Easter egg and a handful of walnuts this afternoon when I suddenly got really hungry.
@shelley262 that sounds like a wonderful couple of days catching up with your old friend and the restaurant sounds perfect for us low carbers. Not sure I’d have been keen on chicken hearts either though.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Espresso powder? Choc-moch? Almond butter would mess up the proportions? but almond extract plus chunked almonds would work. Butter pecan maybe use double cream for some of the cream, and chunked pecans? Add chunked high% choc to some flavor? Coconut (eew)? Puréed fruit would mess with proportions but definitely try that one- I want to know how it turns out!
I notice the gal that featured in the choc keto ice cream video made some others so when I get a chance I will look.

I understand your dislike of video recipes, as I find that I have to keep rewinding to avoid missing bits. :D They roll on too quickly for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Forgive my ignorance. What is CMT?

It’s an app called Copy Me That. Used for capturing recipes from websites, editing them if desired, adding your own recipes, and sharing them all with others in your “recipe circle” when you are in theirs. It is WONDERFUL!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay, so yesterday was a delicious roast beef dinner. I honestly cannot remember about the rest of the day, but the roast was the highlight. Coincidentally after all the talk of Yorkshire puds yesterday, I made a few small ones and froze most of them. Made with strong bread flour, egg, cream and water, they worked out at just under 6g of carbs a pop. The beef was delicious and served with a small portion of cauli cheese, roast celeriac, green beans and a red wine gravy of sorts (a jus if you're being posh!).

Today was less exciting food wise.

B: Rose and strawberry chia pudding with almonds. Black coffee.
Lunch: Leftover roast beef, smoked cheese, olives, avocado, salad leaves. Small piece of 85% choc.
Dinner: Roast broccoli and mushroom frittata with Parmesan and Brie served with salad leaves. Roughly based on this on recipe (the Brie and mushrooms needed using) https://food52.com/recipes/32139-andrew-feinberg-s-slow-baked-broccoli-frittata. SF jelly and clotted cream. Decaf coffee and cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Another prolific day on here. Is this a good time to mention that I never liked Yorkshire pudding? (Or pancakes or syrup)?

@Chook hope the eye test went well.

@SlimLizzy and @DJC3 leaving chocolate in the shop is definitely the best strategy.

@zauberflote the ladle of almond butter sounds awesome. I find the leaving in shop strategy works best with that too.

@shelley262 very jealous of your meal.

One of @DCUKMod s NOMAD days today. Began with the good news that the steakhouse was serving meat. Bad news was the steak was distinctly average. Ate a very late lunch/early dinner of ribeye with 2 fried eggs and some added butter. Dessert of about 40g extra thick double cream. Four hours later was feeling a little peckish so have polished off a bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hi @Goonergal - yes, the eye test thing went fine. Every time I go for it I live in hope that they will have found a way to do it that doesn't sting and doesn't cause hours of blurry eyesight but they never have. :meh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to being busy preparing house for grandchildren on Thursday and 2/3 of the tribe at the weekend followed by travelling into deepest. darkest Breckland today = OMAD. The Djalili was keralan chicken curry with celeriac rice. All very nice and all that. Allegedly, under 1000 calories and under 20 gms carbs but obs about as much use as a lead balloon for bg control @DJC3 thanks for IP beef hints - but no blood - what sort of steak/beef is that?:angelic:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Goonergal - yes, the eye test thing went fine. Every time I go for it I live in hope that they will have found a way to do it that doesn't sting and doesn't cause hours of blurry eyesight but they never have. :meh:

I dislike being blinded by sunlight afterwards the most.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Marsala eggs, black tea, black coffee.
Was shopping longer than intended so had half a chocolate and nut cake bar thing that I bought yesterday, then a bowl of tomato soup and sourdough toast in a cafe.
Snack. Lots of mixed nuts
D. Stirfry of mixed vege, tofu, lentil noodles.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to being busy preparing house for grandchildren on Thursday and 2/3 of the tribe at the weekend followed by travelling into deepest. darkest Breckland today = OMAD. The Djalili was keralan chicken curry with celeriac rice. All very nice and all that. Allegedly, under 1000 calories and under 20 gms carbs but obs about as much use as a lead balloon for bg control @DJC3 thanks for IP beef hints - but no blood - what sort of steak/beef is that?:angelic:

Agree really, I like it quite rare but 6yr olds tend not to go for blood ooze.
Try this recipe - it’s the first one I followed and it looked pretty similar to the picture given. It also uses a 1.5kg joint so should match yours.

www.everynookandcranny.net/instant-pot-4-minute-beef/

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Marsala eggs, black tea, black coffee.
Was shopping longer than intended so had half a chocolate and nut cake bar thing that I bought yesterday, then a bowl of tomato soup and sourdough toast in a cafe.
Snack. Lots of mixed nuts
D. Stirfry of mixed vege, tofu, lentil noodles.

What are marsala eggs? Are they spicy? If so how do you make them?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay, so yesterday was a delicious roast beef dinner. I honestly cannot remember about the rest of the day, but the roast was the highlight. Coincidentally after all the talk of Yorkshire puds yesterday, I made a few small ones and froze most of them. Made with strong bread flour, egg, cream and water, they worked out at just under 6g of carbs a pop. The beef was delicious and served with a small portion of cauli cheese, roast celeriac, green beans and a red wine gravy of sorts (a jus if you're being posh!).

Today was less exciting food wise.

B: Rose and strawberry chia pudding with almonds. Black coffee.
Lunch: Leftover roast beef, smoked cheese, olives, avocado, salad leaves. Small piece of 85% choc.
Dinner: Roast broccoli and mushroom frittata with Parmesan and Brie served with salad leaves. Roughly based on this on recipe (the Brie and mushrooms needed using) https://food52.com/recipes/32139-andrew-feinberg-s-slow-baked-broccoli-frittata. SF jelly and clotted cream. Decaf coffee and cream.
Like a Quiche Lorraine without the pastry?