What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook poor let-go driver was probably clinging to the familiar. For me, stress=Do Need Familiar Routine To Anchor Me. ETA just had another thought about what @ianpspurs said about atypicalness of this forum: personality has much to do with it. I am a type who seeks out support for issues where I’m completely ignorant. One of the things that has kept me on this WOE path is specifically this thread and the ppl here. If I were a different type of person, I might never have even looked online (or locally or whatever suits the tech temperament) for help, info, advice. So, to state the obvious, we self-select.

I was thinking along similar lines just recently, surmising that a significant number do not self select in the way you describe.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee
L. Tub of M&S nutty whole food salad, mixed nuts
Snack. Buttered M&S cheese scone (only ones worth the carbs), more mixed nuts
D. Spanish Quorn sausage and bean casserole, rhubarb Greek yoghurt.
Chook, I hope you enjoyed the marsala eggs.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
B. Cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee
L. Tub of M&S nutty whole food salad, mixed nuts
Snack. Buttered M&S cheese scone (only ones worth the carbs), more mixed nuts
D. Spanish Quorn sausage and bean casserole, rhubarb Greek yoghurt.
Chook, I hope you enjoyed the marsala eggs.

I did, very much. Thank you for the recipe. :)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was thinking along similar lines just recently, surmising that a significant number do not self select in the way you describe.
I agree. I'm a natural problem solver and love researching things. In any area of our lives where we encounter problems, I've always searched for answers or possible solutions. My husband often says that my tenacity and fierce loyalty to my loved ones are my strongest attributes! I'm not naive and realise we don't have a magic wand, but it certainly doesn't hurt to be well informed and try out different approaches.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Packed lunch on the road to my son’s house: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: banana Carb Killa bar and sugar free apple squash (no coffee at my son’s house! :wideyed:)
Dinner: mature cheddar and mushroom omelette with a leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

FC2F1179-3194-42C6-A887-67761327DE1C.jpeg

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch of four pots of low carb XXXX Gold at the bowls club, some dubious cheese nibbley bits that would go nicely on a mouse trap as bait.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated cooked spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, beer, water.

D

Deleted member 308541

Tell me honestly would this sight bother you? ( have to say after cooking, when crackling was all bubbled up and crispy, you couldn’t tell where they were)
It does not bother me, I have seen plenty of pig nipples in my thirty years in the retail / wholesale meat industry.

By the looks of that nipple it was from a male pig... :D

Reactions: dunelm and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does not bother me, I have seen plenty of pig nipples in my thirty years in the retail / wholesale meat industry.

By the looks of that nipple it was from a male pig... :D

Wow! That’s impressive knowledge. Presume female’s would be larger then?
It didn’t put me off the meal, but gave me a bit of a jolt when I first saw it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Packed lunch on the road to my son’s house: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: banana Carb Killa bar and sugar free apple squash (no coffee at my son’s house! :wideyed:)
Dinner: mature cheddar and mushroom omelette with a leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

View attachment 32291

No coffee? I think I might have turned straight back home!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria SO glad the Dr Almond bread agrees with your gut. Happy gut= happy you! Not judging you for non-carnivory
I don’t know, @dunelm , does that river look like melted cheese? Yuk!
I have, tada!, just discovered Dr Davis’ all purpose baking mix to be made at home. Mostly almond, some coconut, a little psyllium optional. Yay me!
Question (it followed in my rabbit chasing for the baking mix). Is treacle molasses? From cane?

Dr Davis’ all purpose baking mix - excellent, just found in on the inter web.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2boiled eggs and a couple of buttered lc seedy crackers for breakfast.
Lunch out in Charlestown which is a very pretty harbour near us. Cod loin wrapped in bacon with wilted spinach. Fizzy water to drink. It didn’t fill me up at all even though it was a lovely fresh bit of fish. I can only assume it was the lack of fat. When we got home I went a bit mad - brazil nuts, Greek yoghurt, almond butter and CWC. Finally felt a bit better. Lots of tea with almond milk ( sorry, TWAM)
Dinner belly pork, didn’t have much in the way of veg in the house so did Mr C roast spuds and fried a courgette in the pork fat for me. Only ate about 4 mouthfuls - the mid afternoon snacking had caught up with me and I wasn’t ( and still not) hungry.
Was a bit squeamish when preparing belly pork to find 2 nipples on it - told Mr C who just shrugged and said ‘what do you expect?’ But then he grew up eating home made ‘pig’s face’ sandwiches, complete with bristles and recognisable eyelids so not much puts him off.
Tell me honestly would this sight bother you? ( have to say after cooking, when crackling was all bubbled up and crispy, you couldn’t tell where they were)
View attachment 32287
It’s pork belly - fabulous (unless of course you are the donor).

Reactions: Chook and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast : Scrambled egg, Euro style sausage and bacon, sliced cheese and ham. Plain yoghourt (print too small to read carb content). Tea

Lunch : Beef stew. Came with potato’s that I had to leave. Water.

Dinner : 200 ml full fat milk and some nuts. One small apple.

1 x chocolate gelato.

Noticed at the buffet breakfast that they had almond milk available.

View attachment 32290

Trevi Fountain was very impressive.
I detest almond “milk”

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting day here in Texas looking for LC yet delicious food.
Breakfast; Texas sausage, eggs and avocado. Tea (my wonderful sister has Yorkshire tea) and koffy of course.
Lunch out: an interesting Ratatouille smothered in melted cheese (hold the bread bun), a side of very good home made coleslaw and some really good pickled gherkins - a big bottle of Pelagrino.
Dinner; spaghetti squash with meatballs in a mushroom and tomato sauce. Just had a local beer called Devil’s Backbone - hardly a murmur on the wheel of mystery and bewilderment.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs 60 is too high?
@DJC3..... yes. But as I’m more used to seeing pigs/hogs alive than as cuts of meat, it’s probably just me, bc they are clearly fine on a mammal! I saw pork belly for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago in Costco.
Hurrrray @BibaBee ! Very glad for the both of you. And “natural problem solver” sounds SO much nicer than “compulsive fixer”, which is my phrase for myself lol.
Bfast usual 1/2 avocado, egg, DWC, and a chunk of cheddar. BG stayed 30+ points (1.3+) higher for over 4 hours, and dropped 20 by 5.5 hrs, and a further 14 by 9 hrs. Sigh....
Lunch seltzer, DWEVOO&S
First supper skyr, piece of the almond butter mug bread with butter
Ballet class
Second supper chunk of cheddar, more mug bread with EVOO
So very imaginative but in truth I enjoyed every bite!
Good night all, good morning all the rest!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting day here in Texas looking for LC yet delicious food.
Breakfast; Texas sausage, eggs and avocado. Tea (my wonderful sister has Yorkshire tea) and koffy of course.
Lunch out: an interesting Ratatouille smothered in melted cheese (hold the bread bun), a side of very good home made coleslaw and some really good pickled gherkins - a big bottle of Pelagrino.
Dinner; spaghetti squash with meatballs in a mushroom and tomato sauce. Just had a local beer called Devil’s Backbone - hardly a murmur on the wheel of mystery and bewilderment.
My biggest memory of Houston was the sheer number and range of places to eat out.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I detest almond “milk”
Odd how diabetes changes tastes and ideas. For most of the first 60 years of my life I could not abide anything almond but now I even make my own almond milk and can eat a handful of the nuts raw. My personal food failure alarm goes off if a recipe says keto or DD.

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good morning everyone.

Woo hoo - the Stella cherry tree I planted last year in a huge tub and trained espalier style along the garage wall finally got leaf buds on it last weekend and today it's got blossom buds. Up until last weekend I was convinced I'd managed to kill it.

Today....

Breakfast: 100g Brie
Lunch: 30g mixed nuts - (mix is walnuts, pecans, brazils, almonds)
Dinner: Iceland frozen mackerel fillets fried in butter with a squeeze of lime juice and scattering of chopped coriander (might have a side salad with this)
Drinks: black decaff coffee and still spring water