Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Hi folks, been T2 since 2007, currently on Metformin and Jardiance after several lengthy periods of careless management interspersed with shorter periods of good management. I had some recent physical symptoms which kicked me back into good/sensible management and joined up here looking for methods and motivations to maintain that for life.

- What is your name? Paul
- How old are you? 60. Sounds worse every time I say it.
- Which country are you from? England.
- Which city/area do you live in? South Yorkshire.
- Are you religious? Nah, All that death and fear and damnation and war and hate? Nah.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Patient, considerate, and not very good at self-analysis.
- Do you have any pets? Not anymore, used to love my German Shep though.
- Microsoft or Apple? Unix, but reluctantly Microsoft.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Does playing drums count? Heheh. I used to be a decent squash player though.
- Do you get angry easily? Not really, pretty laid back these days.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Yes tattoos on right arm.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Peter Cincotti, UFO, Creed, RATM, Pink Floyd.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Classic/heavy rock.
- Ever gone camping? Yes, I think that was the last time I got angry easily.
- Ever been in love? Yes.
- Ever used fake tan? No, been on a sunbed a few times before a holiday though just so I didn't look like Casper round the pool.
- Which countries have you visited? USA, South Africa, Spain, France, Egypt.
- Favourite city? Boston MA.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, Frasier, Breaking Bad, Sopranos.
- List your five favourite films. Zulu ("Because we're here lad, and nobody else"), Tombstone, Crimson Tide, Heat, Alien.
- Are you wealthy? Financially, no.
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes I'm a web developer now having been a programmer since 1984.
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Computer Science.
- What do you like most about yourself? My logic, my sense of rhythm, and knowing my kids love me.
- What do you like least about yourself? Allowing depression to interfere with all those things.

See y'all on the boards :)

Hi Paul

Happy Good Friday and welcome to the forum.

Loads of great support here mate and shed fulls of information to wade through if you want to know 'stuff'

Po

Reactions: DrumAlert

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
- What is your name?
Mei

- How old are you?
26, is it midlife crisis soon? :hilarious:

- Are you male or female?
Female

- Which country are you from?
Brexit country :bigtears:

- Which city/area do you live in?
West Midlands at the moment

- Are you religious?
Nope
But I believe that we have no right to judge other people, let the man in the sky judge us. He probably is on his six 4K monitors and watching us in 1080p.

- Pick three words to describe your personality.
>Hangry 24/7
>Tired
>Pretty chill :joyful:

- Do you have any pets?
I wish, I'd like a golden retriever, chowchow and shiba

- Microsoft or Apple?

BOTH hehehhe

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
Does napping count?

- Do you get angry easily?
I get more upset than angry.

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
Nope

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
> Linkin Park
> Ludovico Einaudi - my boyfriend plays Nuvole Bianche very well ;_;

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
I'm inbetween 2000-2008 alternative rock music and classcial music

- What is your favourite flag?
Hmm, Canada's flag is nice, maple leaf = maple syrup.

- Ever gone camping?
Nope

- Ever been in love?
I am very in love :)

- Ever used fake tan?
I did once, hella orange like Trump orange, yikes

- Which countries have you visited?
>NYC, USA
>China
>Czech Republic
>Scotland

- Favourite city?
Ask me again when I've seen the world

- List your five favourite TV programmes.
>Friends
>Final Space
>Rick and Morty
>Santa Clarita Diet
>Jeremy Kyle show for my daily tea. :hilarious:

- List your five favourite films.
I don't know, probably can't think of any.

- Are you wealthy?
>My parents are and I, on the other hand is suffering with student debt.

- Do you work? If so, as what?
>I'll let you know

- List the subjects you study/have studied.
>Sociology
>Law

- What do you like most about yourself?
>I'm somewhat tidier than my boyfriend
>I'm too caring, sometimes I forget about myself in that process
>I am the most 'relatable' human being.

- What do you like least about yourself?
>Sometimes being too nice ends up the other person taking an advantage. I've seen it happen to my mum and it really upsets me.
>I can't say no or that I haven't learned to say no
>I beat myself too much about everything

Hello and WELCOME!

You are in right place!

Po

Reactions: MeiChanski

Suzypooh

This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Hi I'm Sue
- How old are you? I am 41 years young
- Are you male or female? I am female last time I checked
- Which country are you from? I'm originally from Belfast in Northern Ireland but I am currently living in Melton Mowbray in England
- Which city/area do you live in? as above lol
- Are you religious? Yea I'm a former drug user turned christian, Jesus saved me!
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Quirky, fun, unique
- Do you have any pets? No but I'd like one
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple at the mo but heading back soon
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? none
- Do you get angry easily? depends on my sugars and how I'm feeling generally. Usually quite laid back and forgiving but when I'm not well the red horned devil comes out to play
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Yea my ears, nose and daith are pierced and I have a butterfly on my wrist, a dragon on my upper arm and a larger butterfly with stars on my upper back
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Queen, Pink, Pink floyd, Hillsongs, Madness
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Eklectic
- What is your favourite flag? The welsh one (it has a dragon on it and my hubby is welsh lol)
- Ever gone camping? yea
- Ever been in love? yea
- Ever used fake tan? nope
- Which countries have you visited? France, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Bosnia Herzongenova, Croatia, Latvia, Fuertaventura, Lanzarote, Tunisia, Turkey, Israel, Mallorca, Scotland, Wales, England, Northern Ireland
- Favourite city? Belfast
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Buffy, Stargate, Star Trek, GoT, Riverdale,
- List your five favourite films. The Shawshank Redemption, TopGun, Lethal Weapon, Seven, Die Hard
- Are you wealthy? Not at all
- Do you work? If so, as what? I work in Mcdonald's and I'm a full time student
- List the subjects you study/have studied. I'm doing my degree in Health and wellbeing in society, but I've also studied Community Youth Work, Retail Travel Services, and a Foundation in Art and Design
- What do you like most about yourself? My ability to get along with anyone and make lots of friends
- What do you like least about yourself? My stubbornness and my impulsivity

Have fun!
"It's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt"

ianwj

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hello my name is Ian. I live in Hong Kong. (Retired) Can speak a wee bit of Cantonese. Lived in Sth Africa for 10 yrs then Australia for another 16. Now been in HK since 1995.

Dtuitt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name?
Derek T
- How old are you?
Male
UK/ Trinidadian
Essex
- Are you religious?
Yes just celebrated Easter
Tenacious, thoughtful and unique
- Do you have any pets?
Yes two cats
- Microsoft or Apple?
both
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? football and basketball
No
No
1. Norman Brown,2 Jonathan Butler, 3 Luther Vandross, 4 Beres Hammond and 5 Machel Montano
Smooth Jazz, soca and steelpan
Trinidad
- Ever gone camping?
No
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
Antigua, Trinidad , Tobago ,Spain, Germany, America, Canada, France, Sweden, Scotland, Belgium
- Favourite city?
Port of Spain
Blue Planet , Match of the Day, Frazier, Star Trek and Game of Thrones
Matrix
Troy
Star Trek ( Into Darkness )
Inception
Chef
- Are you wealthy?
No
Retired work as a leadership coach
Am into Personal development so a wide range. Have a computer degree and Diversity, Innovation and leadership background
My height
My diabetes

Have fun!
The things that matter most must never be at the mercy of the things that matter least !

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
Greetings my name is Nyx and I'm 42 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic 20+ years ago at 20 years old (now 41).

I'm a Later day Saint who people say I am devoted to my family, heard headed and compassionate.

I've two parrots and a moyan poodle that is my trained diabetic alert service dog. I'm a avid Apple user who has largely converted over to Android but still prefer my Mac but at times android just works better for a few things.

I don't play sports but enjoy watching various equestrian events.

I enjoy listening to glass tiger, Peter Schilling, genius, Peter Gabriel, Lisa Sterling, BYU Vocal Point and several other groups of which I can not say that I have any one style of music that I like to listen to.

I do like to travel and have traveled to Scotland, England, Isle of Man, various parts of France and Italy, most states in the US and almost all Provinces here in Canada.

I enjoy watching paw patrol, midsummer murders, criminal minds, mayday, seconds from disaster, highway through hell and a few others.

Work wise I have dun various jobs as I own my own business doing graphic deisgn, web design, photography, dog training and dog/cat sitting. Unfortunately now that my mobility is more limited work has become more limited and we are surviving on disability (similar to pip).

I'm in the process of getting my first CGM from Dexcom as they have a partnership with ODSP so waiting on the paperwork to be processed and I'm also trying to get a pump but to me the CGM will be helpful as I'm having more hypos then before and out of the blue (no rhyme or reason to them) that my girl is catching save a few of the night time ones that she has slept through to degrees (slept through as in I was under 3 before she woke up to alert).

Last edited:

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
The things that matter most must never be at the mercy of the things that matter least !
Hi all , newly diagnosed with T1 , still getting my head round it so be patient with me, anyway

I'm 38 and from Ireland, big shock to the system , not too bothered by the finger pricks and insulin injections its getting the diet right , lots of conflicting advice on various websites , haven't been taught how to adjust the units, well I know how to just not when and how much , my levels have been indifferent the past few days so I rang my nurse and was advised to change my dosages from 4 units to 5 before breakfast and lunch and leave it at 4 for the evening meal, figured out for myself that bread is a killer for me no matter how "healthy" it is so I reckon that's out , I'm doing ok but no doubt you'll be sick of seeing my questions from here on in

Reactions: porl69

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diabeticger . Welcome to the forum.
I think you’ll find that just about all of us in the T1 gang are here to help each other.
You’ve got a shed load to learn and a lifetime to learn it.
Ask whatever you want.

Reactions: jjraak

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
thanks everyone, much appreciated, think this place might help me with a few internet misinformation and contradictions,

Reactions: Traceymac23

kre8tiv1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who deliberately take up 2 parking spots
Hi I'm Linda and live in the United Sates. I'm newly diagnosed with T2 (2 months ago, FBS was 339. Doc did not order an A1C) . I take 500 mg. of Metformin 2x per day. I've made a complete lifestyle change since my diagnosis but am frustrated by slow results. My BG had come down to the 150 range, but past few days, my morning numbers are in the 250 range. In reading the posts, I see that most follow an extremely low carb diet. I saw a nutritionist and she said that I can eat 45g of carbs per meal. I thought she was mad!(see, I can speak Brit! :happy: My bestie is from Manchester). I do not consume anything close to that, but not nearly as low as most who post. I go for blood work next week and will get an A1C. I'm curious to see what it is. Is it possible to have high BG readings and a normal A1C?

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Hi I'm Linda and live in the United Sates. I'm newly diagnosed with T2 (2 months ago, FBS was 339. Doc did not order an A1C) . I take 500 mg. of Metformin 2x per day. I've made a complete lifestyle change since my diagnosis but am frustrated by slow results. My BG had come down to the 150 range, but past few days, my morning numbers are in the 250 range. In reading the posts, I see that most follow an extremely low carb diet. I saw a nutritionist and she said that I can eat 45g of carbs per meal. I thought she was mad!(see, I can speak Brit! :happy: My bestie is from Manchester). I do not consume anything close to that, but not nearly as low as most who post. I go for blood work next week and will get an A1C. I'm curious to see what it is. Is it possible to have high BG readings and a normal A1C?
Not if the BG readings are consistently high.........A1C basically measures the average of what you A1c has been over about the last 3 months

Simon_D

Morning all. Just been rediagnosed as type 2 after a couple of years in remission. Now on statins and metformin, and have a kinetik blood sugar testing kit, which I'm using regularly to try and get some idea as to how my body works. Levels are fluctuating wildly between <2 to 11.9. Even fasting levels fluctuate between 3.6 and 9.2 - Just need to work out why, and what to do about it!

- What is your name?
SIMON
- How old are you?
MALE
ENGLAND
BRISTOL
- Are you religious?
NO, RELIGIONS HAVE CAUSED MOST CONFLICTS IN HISTORY, ALTHOUGH I AM VERY SPIRITUAL ;)
CURIOUS, COMMITTED, KIND
- Do you have any pets?
NO
- Microsoft or Apple?
APPLE
SWIMMING AND CYCLING AND JUST STARTING WALKING RUGBY
NOT SINCE I STOPPED DRINKING
NO
THIN LIZZY, BOSTON, SIMON & GARFUNKEL, BEATLES, ELO
CLASSICAL
EU FLAG
- Ever gone camping?
YES
- Ever been in love?
YES
- Ever used fake tan?
PREFER NOT TO SAY ;)
FRANCE, GERMANY, DENMARK, SWEDEN, US, CANADA, MALAYSIA, BORNEO, INDIA, BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS, LUXEMBOURG, SPAIN, ITALY, WALES, IRELAND, SCOTLAND, SOUTH AFRICA
- Favourite city?
HEIDELBERG, PARIS, KUCHING, BRISTOL
LINE OF DUTY, MASTERCHEF, GOGGLEBOX, UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE, CHANNEL 4 NEWS
HOT FUZZ, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, FIELD OF DREAMS, BLUES BROTHERS, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
- Are you wealthy?
NO
CATERING ASSISTANT IN OLD PEOPLE'S HOME
MARKETING, PSYCHOLOGY, MUSIC, FRENCH, GERMAN, MATHS, ENGLISH, SPANISH, HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY
SENSE OF HUMOUR
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOUR

Have fun![/QUOTE]

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Simon_D and welcome to the forum, if you look in my signature there is a link to “Newly Diagnosed what you should know” and some other helpful links. If you have any specific questions please feel free to write your own post in an appropriate sub forum.

Millimoi

To start I'll do the questions/answers from the first post.

- Include a photo here if you wish

- What is your name?
Abbie
- How old are you?
Female
UK
Scotland
- Are you religious?
Yes, still ironing it out but yes
Honest, passionate, caring
- Do you have any pets?
Currently I have A cocker Spaniel, Molly, a black and white cat, Beau and a red foot tortoise, Darwin
- Microsoft or Apple?
Depends, Microsoft for laptops and Apple for everything else
I’ve done a decent amount of horse riding in the past but I wouldn’t say I did it as a sport
Sometimes, more at myself or on the behalf of others than at others
I have my ears pierced, just the typical lol
Ah... very hard...
It’s not so much the genre for me, but the lyrics
I kinda like my own- the original, rampant lion version
- Ever gone camping?
Yes
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
Germany, Finland, Greece, Cyprus, USA, Bulgaria, Turkey (for a day) ... does England count...? Lol
- Favourite city?
I generally hate cities but if I had to pick it would be Edinburgh, or Munich
Call the Midwife
Doctor Who
The Good Doctor
The Secret life of the zoo (and all animal tv shows)
Not quite five but the mind has gone blank..
Captain America:The Winter Soldier
The Ring of Bright Water
Brave
Lassie
The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe (2005 version)
- Are you wealthy?
Nope. I’m a student. They don’t compute
No, not currently, I do volunteer work around Uni
I have qualifications in animal care and a good amount of experience in the veterinary environment, currently finishing my second of four years towards BaH history

My ability to listen to people, I don’t judge by design. I like to help people
... to be deep, I hate my mental health, everything else would be good without that

Jintyo

Hi I am Jinty. At last accepted I am type 2 after a year. Using metformin not as regularly as I should. Testing fasting only at the moment. Like thought that I can be control so taking inspiration from the discussions. Want to improve my health, which really means lower weight, less a.m. stiffness and hopefully increase the chances of living well for longer.

Reactions: UserABC2021