Mod Elections 2019 - Nominations Closed. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6B1FD5D9-A291-4E6F-AA31-907C5B180DCE.jpeg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, and some of these have been posting. I wonder if they are seeing their alerts, or just mulling things over.?

M

Member496333

There’s been a few occasions where I haven’t received alerts for actions that I can see have taken place. Quite rare but it’s certainly possible for the notifications to be missed/undelivered. Sometimes not even enabled?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you can appreciate, on a thread as active as this one, it's hard to be absolutely sure all posts have been dealt with. Could anyone who has a nomination which does not appear on the header post please shout - loudly - here or in PM, please?

Could the following members please respond with a decision relating to their nominations, as soon as you are able to:
@rhubarb73
@slip
@Pinkorchid
@Cumberland
@EllieM
@ringi

Nominations close at midnight Sunday 5th May.

Many thanks everyone

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and Gents, nominations close midnight tomorrow night.

Guys, please note: Only nominees who have accepted their nominations will move forward to the voting stage. No acceptance = no votes = no potential to be elected.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Just a quick question re nominations: how many spots are actually open? (There are several people already nominated who I'd be happy to vote for in front of me.) Also, I'm on these boards most days but I do have the odd fortnight when I'm not online, what's the actual commitment for a moderator?

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have decided not to stand as there are people I feel who can do a better job them me already standing.

Reactions: Rachox

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
One guy I do admire and would like him to consider the nomination is @Tophat1900

That's very flattering @Mike D - but I just don't think I'm actually on here frequently enough to do so. And thanks for the support of others, but will have to decline.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick question re nominations: how many spots are actually open? (There are several people already nominated who I'd be happy to vote for in front of me.) Also, I'm on these boards most days but I do have the odd fortnight when I'm not online, what's the actual commitment for a moderator?

Hi Ellie, this is what @Brunneria wrote about time commitment last year:

“As mods, we are volunteers, so we come online when we can, and offer the time we have available.

There is no expectation that any mod do more than this, or commits to antisocial hours. As a group we have people who work full time, part time, are retired, have different health issues and family commitments.
Of course, some people go far beyond the call of duty, and I certainly feel deep appreciation if one of the team is willing to set a 3am alarm to check for spam, or check the forum at crack of dawn before leaving for work. But obviously, we each offer different things as our lives permit.”

@DCUKMod will be able to answer your question about numbers of positions up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.