What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher - that was quite a day. Hope you managed to have a peaceful night afterwards. @ianpspurs - I'm a planner although I vary how long I plan for. Saturday is a planning day as I am minus the little people. I have planned for 1 week on a number of occasions but I find 2 or 3 days suits me better. You may recall I use MFP. I don't trust their exercise figures but for food & nutrients I've used it long enough to build up my own recipes with reliable data. If you get a poll set up let us know.
@DJC3 yesterday did involve steak & wine - lots of it! So, just to update yesterday
D. To start, squid with rocket and a garlic mayo. They don't coat their squid-just season it very nicely. A lot if dry white wine (and water). 8 oz rib eye with pepper sauce, portobello mushroom, vine tomato and a good veggie bowl of broccoli, cauli, green beans and a heritage carrot. No dessert but did have a special coffee with brandy and cream. We met up with my brother and SIL and the place was packed as usual. It's a very good restaurant for a small town and it shows. Always busy and you have to book.
@DJC3 - like the sound of your Eurovision feast. My favourite part is the crazy voting.
@zauberflote - despite your shrimp looking great , I regret to say Peter is still very much in residence.
Will catch up on today later - it's a planning day.
Last night's meal sounds good. I have deleted post re poll so @Goonergal maybe delete your reply? MFP is part of my fitbit app but doesn't analyse vits and mins like chronometer does. My hunch is my grumpiness is not with LC but with missing lots of mins and vits with too much focus on carbs and bg control (not a roaring success anyhow). I need to sit in the corner with a big D hat on.:arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@zauberflote - No, they didn't say when they'd make their decision. Its with the same company he's working for already but at a different location. All jobs with the company are advertised on their website, he checked this morning and the job he's applied for isn't being advertised any more so i expect the decision will be quite soon (hopefully).

After an enjoyable morning window shopping I'm starving!

Breakfast: boiled eggs and buttered Livlife soldiers
Lunch: Costa decaff with cream and a very naughty Greggs sausage roll (very disappointing - definitely won't bother again)
Dinner: Mr C is cooking.....
Starter: prawns fried in butter with garlic and red chilli on a bed of lettuce
Main: a huge amount of steaming hot mussels (in shells) cooked in a prosecco and garlic broth
Dessert: Strawberries
Drinks: BDC, SSW, CADCWC, CFDP, RW

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today

Fbg 9.1 at 4 am
Hot water and a piece of dark chocolate was just lying there all alone on the bedside table...

Went back to sleep.
bg 8.5 at 8 am when I re awoke
Black coffee and some dark chocolate

About 9am
2 boiled eggs and slices hard cheese
2 cubes dark chocolate

Forgot about food after that. Was researching and writing.
Was drinking coffee with cream. I have another kettle in front room so don’t have to go in kitchen.

Next meal was about 2:30pm
2 and a half slices roast beef (there is 5 slices in packet so had half of it)
2 large tablespoons cheese coleslaw
A handful blueberries thrown in coleslaw
A tiny bag pork scratchings

4pm bg is 7.6
A good reading for me.

Having another coffee with cream

And that’s it

Out of interest because of @ianpspurs asking for info this morning I am going over to my carbs&cals app to to see what my calories intake is, because I am not sure if it is enough with just two meals a day. But I might be surprised.

UPDATE:
It appears according to Carbs&Cals that I probably had 34 carbs. And that the day’s food was just under 2,000 calories.

I will probably check this out again tomorrow.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food eaten today

Fbg 9.1 at 4 am
Hot water and a piece of dark chocolate was just lying there all alone on the bedside table...

Went back to sleep.
bg 8.5 at 8 am when I re awoke
Black coffee and some dark chocolate

About 9am
2 boiled eggs and slices hard cheese
2 cubes dark chocolate

Forgot about food after that. Was researching and writing.
Was drinking coffee with cream. I have another kettle in front room so don’t have to go in kitchen.

Next meal was about 2:30pm
2 and a half slices roast beef (there is 5 slices in packet so had half of it)
2 large tablespoons cheese coleslaw
A handful blueberries thrown in coleslaw
A tiny bag pork scratchings

4pm bg is 7.6
A good reading for me.

Having another coffee with cream

And that’s it

Out of interest because of @ianpspurs asking for info this morning I am going over to my carbs&cals app to to see what my calories intake is, because I am not sure if it is enough with just two meals a day. But I might be surprised.

Gennepher, indulge me if you would, please. Why do you have chocolate on waking? It's no an approach I have seen beforer.

I don't do chocolate at any time, so on waking wouldn't ever be on my radar, so my curiosity is just that; curiosity.

Reactions: gennepher

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

A very lazy day today - unusually tired so decided to skip early morning footie and mooch around the flat. Pottered around the local shops, which included a very successful trip to the butcher. Entire oxtail, a large ox cheek, ribeye steak and some chicken thighs purchased. Freezer wasn’t exactly empty to start with, but is now bursting at the seams.

Slow cooker success today. Shooting for OMAD but didn’t quite get there, but did get to a 21 hour period between last night’s dinner and a late lunch of 35g buttered cheese: trying the Ikea Ost Prast. Quite like it.

Dinner was slow cooked lamb shoulder shanks. Delicious but obviously a large boned lamb as not as much meat as anticipated so topped up with another small portion of the buttered cheese.

@DJC3 the tunnel walk was fab - definitely worth it if you get the chance.

@Chook those Greggs sausage rolls used to be my daily breakfast - don’t think I ever really enjoyed them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gennepher, indulge me if you would, please. Why do you have chocolate on waking? It's no an approach I have seen beforer.

I don't do chocolate at any time, so on waking wouldn't ever be on my radar, so my curiosity is just that; curiosity.

I have severe Sjogrens Syndrome which is dry mouth as well as dry eyes. Also I have swallowing problems diagnosed by endoscopy. My throat seizes up. My throat swallowing muscles are very poor.

I have stuff to use in the night. A special gel. And also some prescription pastilles to suck during the night. Both these things taste too sweet but I need them.

Water doesn’t help the dryness at all. In fact water is horribly dry, and makes my throat so parched I can barely swallow, unless I have a tiny bit of salt in it.

That piece of dark chocolate that I suck makes it easier to swallow with my throat muscles, and getting them swallowing better in the morning, and for my throat to lubricate more easily. The chocolate is smooth.

I have done this quite a long time now.

>^..^<

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I too have always loved Eurovision. It used to be a big deal in our house when I was growing up and my Aunt used to arrive with a big box of choccies and me and my Mum and her would make an evening of it while my Dad and Uncle went to the pub to return in time for voting. Years later when I had my own home we woukd have friends round for a buffet supper and have a sweepstake. Not done that for years but I will be watching tonight minus the buffet and defo minus the box of Chocs! I guess OH and the boys will only watch the voting with me.

Viv19

It’s Saturday, so breakfast. Scrambled eggs with fried mini toms, toasted LC roll, one half with Camembert. Tea.
A rather long e bike ride (28 kms). Water! Since I have only been on a bike about 3 times in the last 20+ years, I could hardly sit on the saddle by the time we arrived back home.
Lunch coffee and yoghurt with berries. Bread with peanut butter.
Dinner, mixed salad, feta and chicken strips. A glass of red.
I deserve it!
I’m thinking about Halo ice cream. But will try not to be tempted.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hi all

A very lazy day today - unusually tired so decided to skip early morning footie and mooch around the flat. Pottered around the local shops, which included a very successful trip to the butcher. Entire oxtail, a large ox cheek, ribeye steak and some chicken thighs purchased. Freezer wasn’t exactly empty to start with, but is now bursting at the seams.

Slow cooker success today. Shooting for OMAD but didn’t quite get there, but did get to a 21 hour period between last night’s dinner and a late lunch of 35g buttered cheese: trying the Ikea Ost Prast. Quite like it.

Dinner was slow cooked lamb shoulder shanks. Delicious but obviously a large boned lamb as not as much meat as anticipated so topped up with another small portion of the buttered cheese.

@DJC3 the tunnel walk was fab - definitely worth it if you get the chance.

@Chook those Greggs sausage rolls used to be my daily breakfast - don’t think I ever really enjoyed them.

The whole Greggs's sausage roll thing was pretty strange - it was a really strong craving that has been with me for over a week. It's not like I ate them often before diagnosis - maybe twice a year. I decided in the end that indulging the craving would knock it on the head and, after it being nothing like I remembered, the craving has thankfully disappeared. Luckily it didn't do any BG damage, I was down to 4.8 just before dinner - almost like I hadn't eaten it - although I didn't have the opportunity of testing since before breakfast due to being on a couple of hundred miles road trip to visit MIL.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2 NEs today both after an EE. TWAM until NE1 around 1.40 after 30 mins exercise bike. 3 h/g eggs as egg mayo (h/m mayo, own eggs) with tin mackerel in OO and an avocado. Triple sized flaxseed dunnie with butter. NE2 after EE2 - walking our dog - was ribeye steak, mushrooms and salad leaves with haloumi chips (Milky's Halum). If I don't rave about the food don't think it wasn't nice it was just as I expected it to be.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.5 FBG 6.1. No ill effects from my outing. I was catching up on the posts and was surprised that I seem to be a bit of an oddity as far as ironing is concerned. I iron pretty much everything. I've even been known to iron undies on occasion! I hate ironing the king size bed sets but I do it. I did teach both Hubby & son how to iron though so they could share the load. I have one of these steam generators where you don't have to adjust the heat which makes ironing a lot quicker.
@Chook - I've been having a curious craving today for apple pie. At least I think it's apple pie - it might just be apple and cinnamon.
Weather has turned - raining non stop. Son & DIL had to cancel planned trip to some outdoor Lego event and instead took the boys to see Pokemon Detective Pikachu - exciting eh? I dropped them off then collected them again on the way back from shopping to save the boys getting their Pikachu outfits soaked.
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice of the latest Dr Almond bread Monshauer Kornerbrot - grain bread and boy is there a lot of grain in it. Had that with pate.
L. After shopping and delivery to and from the cinema - 2 slices of the latest brot with lurpack, tomato and cheese as I had a longing for a cheese & tomato sandwich. The 2 slices are only 0.5 g carbs. Really enjoyed it.
D. Settled for our standby of cold cuts - slice each roast pork leg, Turkey and 1/2 slice ham. Lettuce, 2 mini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, helmans and a few veggie chips.
Will probably have SF jelly and raspberries later with cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All ready for Eurovision feast: the aforementioned Euro snacks which includes a very unusually shaped cheese - Queso Tetilla. Guess what the translation is?
Breakfast/ brunch was out. Bacon eggs and mushrooms with a lot of coffee.
IMG_0009.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All ready for Eurovision feast: the aforementioned Euro snacks which includes a very unusually shaped cheese - Queso Tetilla. Guess what the translation is?
Breakfast/ brunch was out. Bacon eggs and mushrooms with a lot of coffee. View attachment 32986

Aren't you going to take it's string vest off?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Still out on my bike.
Breakfast today, a la hotel; Parma ham and burrata, smoked salmon and blini and a soft-boiled egg topped with Sologne caviar and crème fraiche.
Lunch, on the road; koffy and Pelagrino.
Dinner; a sturdy 24 hour reduced beef Bourguignon with roasted cauliflower, roasted carrot and cauliflower greens sautéed in peppery butter. Some merlot and a Carbost Talisker.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This eveningI have had my first ever, ever,............ ever chia pudding. In my usual fashion I looked up what to do, then did my own thing.

Chia seeds, coconut milk, a little sweetener and a teaspoon of Bourneville cocoa.

It was very sweet, and very chocolaty (first cholcolate anything in a looooooooooooong time). It was OK, but I don't think it will by vying for fridge space any time soon.

I had a notion it could be nice to have a pudding option, for those times MrB has something. I think I'll revert to Plan A. I'll not bother.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: caramel carb killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner, takeaway, well it is Eurovision night ;) : crispy duck, veggies, just two pancakes and a smidge of sauce followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.