What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry for not checking in until now and thank you for all the well wishes. It's been a tough few days, but we do seem to be turning a corner. Mr B's Anti-VEGF treatment went as well as it could do really...the staff were all lovely and reassured him that this was likely to be a 'blip'. There had been a build up of fluid in the macular again and they have concluded they need to go back to 4 weekly intervals for his injections. It has taken him some time to recover from what was a very anxious episode. The good news is he's already started to see improvements again, although his vision is not back to how it was a couple of weeks ago. It's just a waiting game really. We kept busy today, did plenty gardening (our jungle is now looking more garden like!) and decided to get out the barbecue (even though it was overcast and chilly). I somehow completely forgot about Eurovision!

Sending hugs to @gennepher - what a scary experience for you. Glad to hear you had a lovely doctor, I know it makes a massive difference to my husband when hospital staff are patient and caring.

Hugs too for @ianpspurs and Julie. Always a tough call for any pet owner, but a true act of love.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aren't you going to take it's string vest off?

Or is that a bra?

As for chia pud, I think kefir chia pud would be an interesting twist.

Sorry folks, been MIA last two days, and i seem to have forgotten what i ate yesterday.

Today
NE1: scram eggs with chili butter
2: cream cheese and dark choc
3: dry ribs and egg foo yung

Two whole weeks of puppy. She’s a lovely little thing, but the Learn Switch hasn’t switched on, yet.

@ianpspurs Ikm sorry about your lab. There aren’t words.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In food related news....

B: Lemon chia, berries and almonds. Black coffee
L: Grilled Reuben type sandwich LC style. Grilled very thin fathead dough flatbread (made in advance and frozen) pastrami, raclette cheese, cornichon, sauerkraut and plenty mustard. Served with hm coleslaw and salad leaves. This was awesome....I zapped them briefly in the microwave to ensure the cheese melted properly.
D: Barbecued trio of sausages.....frankfurters, Gouda and jalapeño frankfurter and high percentage regular pork sausages. Served with barbecued Mediterranean veg - peppers, courgette and aubergine. Oh, and some asparagus too.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Just a dingo's lunch, a drink of water and quick look around at the block replacing the water pump.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, brown onion gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, block tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweetener, a lot of water, beer when we got home.

Our neighbour / caretaker said that we have got a new addition to our flock he saw a pair of brush turkeys on our side of the fence last week. So they may build a mound if they stay. :D

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Breakfast of left-over omlette ( = 2 eggs with almond/coconut milk) plus broocolini.
Plus 2 cuppas of bullet-proof coffee.
Confession time: after a long walk yesterday, at about the 6 hour mark when BSLs tend to fall i had already reduced my basal insulin pump rate but had 3 spoonsful of a peanut butter concoction. Went done well and bsls behaved!
Only thing is the sore muscles but such is the 'virtue' of exercise !!

Viv19

Lovely to see you back and fit and well @SlimLizzy , not surprising you’ve been off the wagon a bit but you’re back now and thats a good start.
I agree with @PenguinMum about the Cremant being closest to champagne. I don’t like Cave much and can’t abide Prosecco. I tend to stock up on Champagne when the supermarkets have offers, but I do like the Cremant - I’ve had it from Sainsbury’s.
The walking tour sounds really interesting @Goonergal . There’s so much of London we don’t know is there. I thought of you yesterday when I received The Pioppi Diet - having been inspired by Asseem Malhotra last weekend. It looks lovely but probably too much veg for you, however there is a recipe for Nut Butter Omelette! I agree it would probably have been easier not to go down the alternative sweet stuff route in the first place.
@zauberflote I only use the phone app too, shame there is only a like button. I had to log on to the full website yesterday when I didn’t have a phone and got very confused - didn’t know where to find notifications etc.
I’m off shopping and cooking later for our Eurovision Feast. I’ve done this for donkey’s years and its very easy to do lc. Lots of Greek olives Italian ham, Spanish tapas, Polish sausage, French cheese etc. I used to make little flags to put in the food and we only ate that food when their entry was being sung, but these days there are far too many countries I’ve never heard of and I’ve no idea what typical food for that region is, so it’s just a free for all lc buffet.

I think your wonderful food sounds too good for an irritating programme like the ESC. OH was glued to it but I don’t get it myself. And when they voted someone like the conchita sausage to win then ...........
Edit. OH is chortling that Germany came 24th but that they beat UK who came last. Competitive these Germans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chook and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sending hugs to @gennepher - what a scary experience for you. Glad to hear you had a lovely doctor, I know it makes a massive difference to my husband when hospital staff are patient and caring.

Thank you for my hugs. They are greatly appreciated.
It makes all the difference when hospital staff are smiling and patient and caring as though you are the only patient they have that day.
Hugs for you and your husband.

Reactions: Chook

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late again, not sure why or where yesterday evening went to. Completely forgot about Eurovision.
Yesterday
B coffee with cream
L DD Flying Jacob casserole (without the banana) and salad
D Ham and cheese
B today as above.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think your wonderful food sounds too good for an irritating programme like the ESC. OH was glued to it but I don’t get it myself. And when they voted someone like the conchita sausage to win then ...........
Edit. OH is chortling that Germany came 24th but that they beat UK who came last. Competitive these Germans.

I don’t know what it is about it, the songs are always terrible and UK never does well these days. It’s just so camp and cheesy. I love the commentary too. Terry Wogan was brilliant but now Graham Norton’s doing it he’s also very funny and disparaging of all the acts. Nobody takes it very seriously. I thought Madonna in the interval was one of the worsts acts of all!

Reactions: Viv19 and maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know what it is about it, the songs are always terrible and UK never does well these days. It’s just so camp and cheesy. I love the commentary too. Terry Wogan was brilliant but now Graham Norton’s doing it he’s also very funny and disparaging of all the acts. Nobody takes it very seriously. I thought Madonna in the interval was one of the worsts acts of all!
The good thing about it was it forced me to go to my gym rather than stay in the living room while Julie watched it. Pity I didn't have the stamina to peddle away until the end but I did drop off in the chair. (I dislike Norton intensely)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I quite enjoyed it in a strange kind of way but its too long, too many terrible songs. I think its time Madge stopped dressing up silly but wow she is flexible for an old girl! I dont know whats with the eye patch though! I love her back catalogue but wont be buying into this reinvention!

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @PenguinMum I agree with you both, it’s overlong and tedious, but it’s a good excuse for a get together and some nice food.
I don’t like Graham Norton’s chat show - his sychophantic style annoys me but I like him on this, he doesn’t take it seriously.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Eurovision Song Contest is the most excruciating TV of the year.

Can we get back to ‘what did we eat today now’, please.

Reactions: Viv19