What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Evening all! What a beautiful spring evening it is here! We've just got back from a lovely post dinner walk, during which I befriended the most adorable calf! Things are much better in Chez Bee thankfully. Mr B's vision is continuing to improve, so it sounds like the injections are doing their thing. I managed to forget my lunch today, so TMAD for me as a result. I'm hoping to spur on some more weight loss if I can, so probably not a bad thing. I had a pleasant surprise on the scales yesterday, after not weighing myself for a couple of weeks. I'd lost another 3 lbs, making it 4 stone and 4 lbs total weight loss since early June last year.

B: Vanilla chia pudding with LC Nutella. Coffee.
D: Lightly smoked salmon fillet, asparagus, roast cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and lemon butter sauce. Square of G&B orange and almond choc. Decaf coffee with cream.

Congratulations on the weight loss BibaBee. That’s amazing!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all! What a beautiful spring evening it is here! We've just got back from a lovely post dinner walk, during which I befriended the most adorable calf! Things are much better in Chez Bee thankfully. Mr B's vision is continuing to improve, so it sounds like the injections are doing their thing. I managed to forget my lunch today, so TMAD for me as a result. I'm hoping to spur on some more weight loss if I can, so probabeat news on the weight loss, improvemently not a bad thing. I had a pleasant surprise on the scales yesterday, after not weighing myself for a couple of weeks. I'd lost another 3 lbs, making it 4 stone and 4 lbs total weight loss since early June last year.

B: Vanilla chia pudding with LC Nutella. Coffee.
D: Lightly smoked salmon fillet, asparagus, roast cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and lemon butter sauce. Square of G&B orange and almond choc. Decaf coffee with cream.
Congratulations on the weight loss, Mr Bs vision improving and your new veal supplier

Reactions: gennepher

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on the weight loss BibaBee. That’s amazing!
Thank you, it's weird...I didn't think I'd ever get down to this weight. I'm not going to say it was effortless (and part of it was due to stress in the early stages), but LC has by far been the easiest way to lose weight. And just an additional bonus to getting Mr B's levels down, which was and still is the driver.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Fire pit fryup out at the block, snags, some red claw yabbies fresh caught from the dam done on the coals.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, a lot of water, beer when we got home.

The new pump, and all of the new pipe has been put in, so finished for a while.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs just realized I hadn't answered.
a) not often although breakfast is the same every day, and what I drink and often when. And then maybe I do, as there are three evenings with some sort of double supper thing going on, so I have to know in advance what that last NME will be.
b) I carefully counted carbs for approximately 9 days last September. Wrote everything down. Great fun for the first 4 days of that. I don't analyze anything with technology. I learned a Whole Lot about nutrition starting back in the 70's, and besides don't trust US soil to have any nutrients in it. I've taken multivitamins most of my life. I analyse and guesstimate carbs in my head as I go along. My rule is supposed to be "just don't eat too much!"
c) most of what I eat now I already had enjoyed. Dairy, eggs, fish, fowl. Nuts, seeds. Allowed vegetables. Coffee. And Flax! I never knew there was flax meal to bake with. I like my food; it is never a chore eating.
That was written Saturday night and I must have fallen asleep!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Chook how vegetarian? Dairy, eggs yes or no? I'd be lacto-ovo-vegetrian if I didn't eat the fish or chicken, and I suppose keto if I cut out some more carbs.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Brunneria I have also turned into my mother, and since she is 91 and sliding ever deeper into dementia, I don't want to have turned into her....
@BibaBee oh wonderful that Mr B's eyes are improving!!! And way to go girl on weight loss.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Caught up. I will not tell tales, it's been several days of food amount excess, including a Fort Knox's worth of chocolate today. There are way too many posts on the threads I do! Just not quite compatible with getting to bed on time (local time 0007 and I have another nearly hour of routine before sleep. Oh for the days when a shower, shave, and hairwash took 22 minutes from in to ready-to-go. Ha!
I also was not watching this Eurovision thing. What's it a vision of?

Viv19

While looking for food inspiration I came across a website alldayidreamaboutfood. (Sounds like me!) Of course I haven’t had a chance to try anything yet (and one chicken dish I really liked the sound of had 12 portions!) but there are some really delicious sounding recipes there.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on the weight loss, Mr Bs vision improving and your new veal supplier
While looking for food inspiration I came across a website alldayidreamaboutfood. (Sounds like me!) Of course I haven’t had a chance to try anything yet (and one chicken dish I really liked the sound of had 12 portions!) but there are some really delicious sounding recipes there.
Carolyn's (All Day I Dream About Food) recipes are great. I think quite a few of us have cooked her recipes. Are you on CMT?

Edit: Oh, and most of her recipes are easy to scale down.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Carolyn's (All Day I Dream About Food) recipes are great. I think quite a few of us have cooked her recipes. Are you on CMT?

Edit: Oh, and most of her recipes are easy to scale down.
Considering my agnostic stance on lots of LC/Keto concoctions I would also endorse the All day etc site. Amazing celebration cake recipe which is now my birthday cake replacing 60+ yo family rice crispie cake (in the shape of a cat) birthday tradition. Tweaked easily with ganache as any mention of frosting/icing is anathema to me. The food fairy has tweaked it into both a coffee and walnut version and black forest version. Full recipe makes an enormous cake but will be perfect now our tribe keeps growing.
https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/c...-sour-cream-frosting-low-carb-and-gluten-free

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this is on message but defo nutrient related and ties in with my caution about UK meat with grass fed labels and prices. I do want to eat that way so has anyone found a supplier with the Pasture Fed Livestock Association sticker?
http://primaleye.uk/is-uk-meat-grass-fed/ I am very on board with the nutritional advantages.

Reactions: zauberflote

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Chook how vegetarian? Dairy, eggs yes or no? I'd be lacto-ovo-vegetrian if I didn't eat the fish or chicken, and I suppose keto if I cut out some more carbs.

It would only be a Mon-Fri vegetarian experiment (Mr C cooks his choice on one weekend day and we have a traditional roast dinner on the other). I enjoy cheese and eggs too much to go without them but could easily do without fish, chicken and other meats for a while.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It would only be a Mon-Fri vegetarian experiment (Mr C cooks his choice on one weekend day and we have a traditional roast dinner on the other). I enjoy cheese and eggs too much to go without them but could easily do without fish, chicken and other meats for a while.
Are you familiar with Headbanger's Kitchen? He does quite a few Keto veggie recipes. He doesn't post everything on his website, his You Tube channel is the best place to go. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjfmJ_cu2bt7JiQLTdVzYHzvVMvhmMBwX

Does anyone know if there is a thread where we can share our favourite LC / Keto websites / blogs etc? @Brunneria @Rachox @DCUKMod ? I know there's a recipe thread, but it might be handy to start one just to flag useful sites? What do people think?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you familiar with Headbanger's Kitchen? He does quite a few Keto veggie recipes. He doesn't post everything on his website, his You Tube channel is the best place to go. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjfmJ_cu2bt7JiQLTdVzYHzvVMvhmMBwX

Does anyone know if there is a thread where we can share our favourite LC / Keto websites / blogs etc? @Brunneria @Rachox @DCUKMod ? I know there's a recipe thread, but it might be handy to start one just to flag useful sites? What do people think?

I did a quick search and can’t find such a thread. If @DCUKMod or @Brunneria know differently I’m sure they post too. I agree it would be a useful resource.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a quick search and can’t find such a thread. If @DCUKMod or @Brunneria know differently I’m sure they post too. I agree it would be a useful resource.

I can't specifically think of any, but there seems to be a pretty good job going on here.